Buddha Branding-what Buddhist cookbook writer thinks, Buddhist Center guy thinks

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 04:25 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/jan/08/buddha-branding-buddhists-religion-philosophy-year-anxious

Interesting article to me. I won't clip from it as it works as a whole article.

Of course I immediately remember FBM, still miss him badly, as do many other a2kers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 797 • Replies: 16
No top replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 05:35 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Interesting. Only in America can inner peace and one-ness with the universe be delivered to the instant-gratification crowd in a bowl!
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 05:06 am
@TomTomBinks,
Only in America can someone assume a Guardian article is American.
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 06:04 am
@izzythepush,
We generally assume everything is American unless otherwise specified.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 07:35 am
@TomTomBinks,
We call that pig ignorance.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 07:49 am
@TomTomBinks,
An American once tripped over Izzy's dog, and ever since, Izzy can't help himself but to **** on any American action, deed, or words. It was traumatic for him.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 07:57 am
@McGentrix,
I just don't like stupid people who make assumptions.
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:57 am
@izzythepush,
So that's most people, then. (It was the US edition of The Guardian)
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:07 am
@McGentrix,
I can see how an incident like that could inspire an intense and lifelong hatred of others.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:09 am
@TomTomBinks,
Mmm, I clicked on it and mine is the UK edition, probably because I prefer the UK edition for learning purposes (never been to England). I suppose for me the UK edition comes up automatically, since I read it nearly every day.

I've no idea if there are Buddha Bars in the US; I bet there are buddha bowls somewhere in the US.

C'mon you guys....

TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:21 am
@ossobucotemp,
I really didn't think to look where it was from until I was called out. When I said "Only In America" I meant our frivolous modern lifestyle. Not necessarily limited to this continent. The instant gratification culture is worldwide (almost), and I think it diminishes Buddhism and anything else that takes thought and time.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 01:07 pm
@TomTomBinks,
It's a UK paper. The UK edition of the Wall Street Journal is still American.

You just decided to sneer, and ended up looking stupid.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 01:11 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Intense hatred? You really really are quite sad. Most of my experience, offline, with Americans has involved spending an inordinate amount of time explaining what tube they need to get on, and worrying about them when they've gone on their way, like you'd worry about a child's first day at kindergarten.
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 01:40 pm
@izzythepush,
As far as I can tell, you're whole problem with me is that I ignored the name of a publication and concentrated on the article instead. Now that's sad.
If it would make you feel better, why don't you just tell those stupid tourists to **** off when they ask you for help?
Have I offended you somehow? I mean besides just by being American. Or are you just spoiling for a fight?
Ragman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:04 pm
Some of us here are in search of the thread and its intent.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 02:22 am
@TomTomBinks,
I told you what my problem is, stupid people who make assumptions. Most people aren't so stupid that they need telling twice.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 04:19 am
Dharma if you do and even dharma if you don't.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Buddha Branding-what Buddhist cookbook writer thinks, Buddhist Center guy thinks
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:39:38