This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

dalehileman

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2016 12:18 pm
@giujohn,
But John why not
giujohn

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2016 12:47 pm
@dalehileman,
Because there's enough evidence to indicate if you're an octogenarian you're also a babbling idiot as evidenced by a particular a2K poster in his eighties who definitely is...and you don't seem to be.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2016 01:48 pm
@giujohn,
Well thanks John,
I guess...

...but I do babble a bit...
giujohn

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2016 04:04 pm
@dalehileman,
Well as long as you don't drool...
dalehileman

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2016 05:07 pm
@giujohn,
Not much John but nose runs a lot
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:21 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Great, you're wrong on all counts; according to us apodictical existential pantheists. She isn't supernatural but hasta follow the rules just like us. She can't do the impossible because he impossible can't be done

Why is following the golden rule impossible for anyone?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:41 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Krumple wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL

Ill play devils advocate here..

Is god the cause of death or is that how its interpreted?

Christian dogma says that God control all things including maintaining the life here and now.

Quote:
Is death less favorable than life?

To Christians who fight against abortion it is. I do not know if they are the majority.

Quote:
If heaven exists and is preferable to an earthly existence then how can death be "evil" if the result is heaven?

Christian dogma says that it is evil to kill/murder including yourself. If Christians really believed and were good parents who wanted to guarantee heaven for their children, knowing that scriptures say that the vast majority will end in hell, logic and morals would dictate that they kill/murder their children before they can sin. Thankfully they do not as I do not think Christians believe their own lies.

Quote:
Does god will each death?

Am our maintainer, he would yes.

Quote:
I know believers talk about a divine plan but what if its not like that?

If a part of their dogma is wrong then it is likely that all of it is wrong. At least that is how the Jews think. No, I am not a Jew.

Quote:
What if god has a hands off policy when it comes to death and accidents are not the will of god?

Scripture and dogma say different as they show God doing a lot of killing.

Quote:
Natural disasters are they really acts of god or just natural random events?

The Sodom and Jericho stories, if at all true, had God involved in the Christian mind. I would see those as natural disasters.

Quote:

If god has full control over life and death and causes death how can it be certain that death is "evil"?

God does, to Christians, and see above, plus look at how they fight abortions which would insure that the (child) to them, gets to heaven. If they believed there was something better in heaven, they would celebrate abortion.

Quote:
I think if you never existed it would be preferable to existence IF this life determines if you will be eternally rewarded or punished.

If so, you might be right.

Quote:
It would be evil to create a being destined to be tormented for eternity if you had full knowledge of that beings fate before creating it.

True. Nature creates for the best possible end, that is irrefutable yet inadvertent as nature is not sentient, and if God created natural law, he would have to at least have that same mind set.

Thanks Devil's Advocate. ; )

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:44 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

If God (he or she) is not omnipotent then the point is moot... Because there's no reason to even mention such an entity.

The point is equally moot in that if there was an omnipotent being its mere existence would violate Heisenberg's indeterminate principle and quantum physics would not work chemistry would not exist things would not come together and this universe would not exist.

I think that there is always a point to correcting false perception in theists who adore a genocidal son murdering God who they idol worship as a good God.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:51 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Why is simple...random occurrence. Nothing more mysterious than that.

Because of entropy and the anthropic principle, nothing can be said to be random anymore. If we could follow every atom, we could accurately predict the future. We could also change the future should we desire to by the manipulation of those atoms.

I E. When IBM pushed those atoms through a carbon sheet, they changed the future history of everything that happened after that change. Think of the butterfly effect.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:53 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

I'll give you random occurrences although I can't believe they explain how things are or why there's a Universe

I do not agree with your first, please see why above, but I agree with your second because science says that the laws of physics we know break down before the big bang.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:54 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
God does not live by his own golden rule.

He operates along the lines of, "do as I say, not as I do."

It seems like, yes.

That being the case, and seeing as scriptures say we are to emulate and follow his ways, we too should say the same but we know that that would be wrong to do.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:26 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
Great, I don't 'member saying it is

Quote:
Regards
DL

Regards
DLH
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:43 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
Great, I don't 'member saying it is

Quote:
Regards
DL

Regards
DLH

Ok. Then let me tell you why humans cannot but that limitation does not apply to God.

We are human animals and like all animals, we have to both cooperate and compete. When we compete, we might like to have the other let us win but that goes against our instincts so we make the other guy lose if we can.

Where there are social safety nets, that is not critical but if done where there are no safety nets, the loser could starve to death.

Regards
DL
dalehileman

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 01:32 pm
@Greatest I am,
Test, your presumption then is that almost any competiti effort violates the GR, and I doubt that

I merely maintain She's a natural phenom, not supernatural
0 Replies