mark noble

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:06 am
@Setanta,
Well done - For not intervening.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:11 am
@farmerman,
You - Farmerman, ASSUME your 'fuckwad' (Not insult, Observation) observation to be primary.
Thus, is your nemesis.

Please progress.
Kirby1

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 10:06 pm
@peacecrusader888,
You've clearly made contact with an infantile species incapable of logical communication. Return to your ship and continue search for intelligent life.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 09:40 am
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 09:57 am
@Leadfoot,
Not for a Portuguese ass hat like me. A childish light joke is good for starting the day while half asleep. And its was news for me go figure...
That said, God talk is a mess both from Religious and Atheist povs.
Even top class philosophers and impartial metaphysicians make a mess of it. Prolly the hardest topic one can try. Most cope out of even trying.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 10:34 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
That said, God talk is a mess both from Religious and Atheist povs.
Even top class philosophers and impartial metaphysicians make a mess of it. Prolly the hardest topic one can try. Most cop out of even trying.
You got that right.
farmerman

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 05:10 pm
@Leadfoot,
I was listening to Dr Collins "proof of his personal deity" and found it waay less a proof and much more of a full-on belief system. Why not just rest at that admission that you are "believers" and quit messing with science and history and coming up with "proofs".

You keep coming up with these ridiculou statements about how life couldnt go from unshelled to shelled beings in 20 or 40 or 60 million years. We have hard evidence that it did but you somehow avoid , consistent with your worldview, with what would you propose in its place for all those fossils lying around that fit in between the critical times that made up a "Cambrian Explosion"

farmerman

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 05:17 pm
@farmerman,
I need someone with a pulse to at least argue with as an adult. The Mark Noble hoser probably sports some kind of a trauma- induced prefrontal condition that prevents his ability to grasp the abstracts.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 06:49 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I was listening to Dr Collins "proof of his personal deity" and found it waay less a proof and much more of a full-on belief system. Why not just rest at that admission that you are "believers" and quit messing with science and history and coming up with "proofs".
I'll have to look that up. I always enjoy hearing how people come to their personal beliefs but it's actually rare that people talk about that. I think I've told you several times now that I came to mine quite independent of all I've said about ID, science & history. I just find the ID arguments very interesting and admittedly, reinforcing of what I came to believe long before I was aware of the ID debate. Never have I offered ID as 'proof' of God.

As far as life going from unshelled to shelled in 40- 60 Myrs, that understates what accepted evolution science says. It says that almost all the modern body plans emerged during the ~40 (whatever the current guess is) Myrs of the Cambrian explosion. (arachnoids possibly predating that as we have discussed already) I've never said it didn't happen. Once more: I have said I can't see it happening by random mutation and natural selection. I'm guessing it had 'help'. That's just my bias though.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 05:56 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
It says that almost all the modern body plans emerged during the ~40 (whatever the current guess is) Myrs of the Cambrian explosion. (arachnoids possibly predating that as we have discussed already) I've never said it didn't happen. Once more: I have said I can't see it happening by random mutation and natural selection

The major "bodyplans" were well on the way before the Cambrian. Bilateral and radial symmetry were there. Eyes, circulatory systems, appendages etc were on the rise, and the "notochrod" was already part of a larval stage of a few annelids (gooey worms)

The big thing that the Cam inflation produced was the "Hard shell" ( "tests" made of carbonates or organic polymers such as keratin. These features tied nicely in as consequence to the appearance of cyano bacter at the end of the cryogenian . These critters gave off oxygen farts and life quickly adapted because of chemistry's predeliction to favor proton donors or acceptors and , with the rise of this gas, the entire "alpha helix" became possible , thus giving rise (in a lab we can do this quickly using a catalyst) to things like scales, hairs, insect and trilobite shells, , and cartilage. Calcium Carbonate "clamshells" and phosho mineral that formed Bone rose from the natural acid base reaction between CO2 and Alkali earths (from clays and feldspars).

This goes on even today.
I think you spend too much time thinking that these things were the results of"miracles" or "I believe we needed more time to axxomplih this feat".
Have some more posset, you are suffering from the ague and fluxion of your humours
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 05:59 pm
@mark noble,
and you are but a fulsome twit.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 07:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The big thing that the Cam inflation produced was the "Hard shell" ( "tests" made of carbonates or organic polymers such as keratin.
What utter bullshit. I won't bother quoting references (again) stating what happened during the Cambrian explosion and shortly after because you will just deny it again. Anyone interested can look it up.

There is a reason it was called an 'Explosion' and it wasn't because of a hard shell.
BTW, it wasn't a bunch of 'creationist' who named it the Cambrian Explosion.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:22 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
To an atheist, there is no God. Is there really no God?

I believe there is, based on these two evidences:
1. Drink an egg direct from the cloaca of a hen. Did you feel any solids? Yet when it hatches, there is a beak, a skeleton, fine feather, etc. Where did they come from?
2. A baby was born dead. It was buried. After a few years, it was exhumed. Where did the skeleton come from? We know that what is given by the male is sperm in liquid form. The egg cell from a woman is just one cell.

Those who believe that there is no God, please answer the evidences.

I heard and learned these from the spirit of Ama. So atheists, please answer them.
TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 11:11 am
@peacecrusader888,
Are you serious? Do you know that organisms grow and develop? Do you know that there is a skeleton inside you right now? When you die and your flesh rots off there will remain a skeleton. What is the mystery? A chicken egg grows and develops just like any other embryo, through cell division and differentiation. I don't think these things require your god's intervention. Read a friggin' book now and then, or better yet Google "biology" and don't ask any more ridiculous questions until you've finished reading.
0 Replies