Nailed through the palm

peacecrusader888

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 08:46 am
@Smileyrius,
Ama said that there was a couple named Adam and Eve who lived. So they were real people.

Ama also said that Adam represent the spirit and Eve, the physical body. So they are figurative.

So Genesis 3:24 is figurative. Why? Because the spirit lives forever whereas the physical body returns to the soil where it came from (Ecclesiastes 12:7). That is why there is no Eve. Only man.

Who gives animals their names? isn't is man? (Genesis 5:1-2)
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 07:17 am
@peacecrusader888,
So far my friend, I am struggling to make sense of it so I'll go through the verses. Note that the original texts were not broken down into chapters and verses, these were later constructs, so keep this in mind when you read through. I will break it down because I find it helpful.

God made Adam, he then made a garden and placed him it in order that he cultivate it Genesis 2:8
then God noticed he needed a helper in verse 18, so he brought every animal to him to see what he would call them, but no helper was suitable. That is why Eve was created, as a companion and helper, bone of his bones flesh of his flesh. - A spirit has no flesh from which she could have been taken. it even goes on to state that this was a precedence for marriage in verse 24 "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

Now taking a step back, God had instructed in verse 17 that if Adam ate of the tree, they would die.
Eve ate of it, as did Adam. You state that Adam did not die, that he lived on forever which was the charge that the serpent made to Eve in chapter 3 verse 4.
Adam went on to name Eve in verse 20 as she was the mother of all living
Having just informed Adam that the ground outside would be full of thorns and thistles, he then went on to clothe both Adam and Eve, the pair of them. Why clothe a spirit to protect him from thistles and thorns?
In verse 24 it explains his reason for driving the man out, that he may not eat from the tree of life and live forever. But your quote that he lived forever anyway. If you are correct and Eve the physical body was left behind, she could surely have eaten of the tree of life, and live forever. But alas, she and Adam gave birth to Cain in chapter 4verse 1.

Further reference to the consequences of the actions of Adam and Eve, look at Romans 5 verse 12-21 and 1corinthians 15:21. Through one man, death entered the world, and equates him with Jesus, that through one man so will the resurrection.

I appreciate your continued discussion Peace, but I have not yet seen anything to convince me that there are a figurative Adam and Eve, aside of the real.

peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 06:48 pm
@Smileyrius,
Adam and Eve are both real people and figurative people.

You understand that Adam and Eve are real people because they had sons named Cain, Abel, and Seth.

Now, let us talk about Adam and Eve as figurative people. I say which I heard from the spirit of Ama that Adam is the spirit of a person, and Eve, the physical body. When we die, our spirit lives forever because it came from God. It either lives with God in Heaven or lives with Satan in Hell. Where it lives with Satan in Hell, it is called the second death (Revelation 20:14). Eve, on the other hand, is left and goes back to the soil where it came from. Isn't it that the physical body is the one that is tempting the spirit to sin? There is the spirit that is telling the physical body that it is wrong.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 07:58 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Eve, on the other hand, is left and goes back to the soil where it came from. Isn't it that the physical body is the one that is tempting the spirit to sin? There is the spirit that is telling the physical body that it is wrong.
Are there any women in your church? What do they think of this?
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 04:45 am
@peacecrusader888,
I don't think your reply really addresses my concerns Peace. I assure you I have no intention of being difficult. I am a man that has deep respect for scripture and I love to study it holistically in order to attain understanding. While I enjoy discussing theological Ideas, I am not prone to taking aboard those that in my own perception contradict scriptures or have no apparent logic,

There are a number of beliefs that you and I will differ on, perhaps I raised too many concerns at once. I am happy to reduce my concerns and talk about Adam and Eve as figurative people for the purpose of our discussion,

Perhaps think about this for a moment.

God warned Adam (the spirit)
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. this supports the scripture at Ezekiel 18:20 "the soul that sins shall die"

The Serpent however in chapter two contradicted "Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

By your statement, you are implying that God lied to the spirit Adam. He was told that he would die, and you are telling me that he didn't, by default you appear to be corroborating the Serpents allegations

peacecrusader888

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 08:06 pm
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
God warned Adam (the spirit)
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. this supports the scripture at Ezekiel 18:20 "the soul that sins shall die"

The Serpent however in chapter two contradicted "Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

By your statement, you are implying that God lied to the spirit Adam. He was told that he would die, and you are telling me that he didn't, by default you appear to be corroborating the Serpents allegations

The spirit is from God. The soul is "to know good and evil" (Genesis 3:22). And God created man with "a living soul" (Genesis 2:7). A living soul entails free will. Isn't man has a free will to choose between good and evil?

Genesis 3:5 is by Satan who said, "For God doth know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened and ye shall be gods, knowing good and evil."

I said that the soul of a person shall live forever either with God in Heaven or with Satan in Hell. If the soul lives in Hell, this is the second death. Death here means "loss or absence of spiritual life" or eternal life with God.

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 02:07 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
And God created man with "a living soul" (Genesis 2:7).

The scripture does not say he gave the man a soul,
Genesis wrote:
and man became a living soul.

That has a very different connotation
Quote:
If the soul lives in Hell

Which Hell does the soul live in? There are three words that the King James has replaced with the word Hell. The Hebrew "She'ol", which is translated into Greek as "Hades", "Gehenna" and "Tartaroo". These three each have different meanings.
peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 07:02 am
@Smileyrius,
Living soul = spirit from God + free will to know good and evil (When we were born, we have been given a clean slate by God.)

Quote:
Which Hell does the soul live in? There are three words that the King James has replaced with the word Hell. The Hebrew "She'ol", which is translated into Greek as "Hades", "Gehenna" and "Tartaroo". These three each have different meanings.

On Judgment Day, the soul is handed its sentence whether it will live with God in His kingdom or live with Satan in the lake of fire forever (Revelation 20:10, 14-15).

I do not know where the soul will live in Hell but according to the Holy Bible, the soul will live in the lake of fire forever, and this is how we portray Hell. This is the first time that I heard the word "Tartaroo". "Gehenna" may be figurative because it is refuse of the city of Jerusalem where fire is never extinguished.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 07:04 am
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
The scripture does not say he gave the man a soul,

Genesis wrote:
"and man became a living soul."

That has a very different connotation

An interesting exchange.
It will soon become technically possible for man to synthesize 100% of the DNA of a human from raw chemicals, implant it in an egg and either bring it to birth in vivo or eventually in vitro.

My question is: Will it also become a living soul?
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:16 am
@Leadfoot,
What a fantastic question Smile
If it has life, it breathes, and has brain activity, I see no reason as to why it is not a soul in as much as a bird or a fish are also souls.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:32 am
@Smileyrius,
That brings up the question of what it means to be 'created our image'? What is it in man that differentiates him from animals?

Related to that: The past dialogs gives me the impression that you believe it is only the pattern of a man's existence, something that could conceivably be stored on a hard drive, that survives his death. Is that the case?
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 09:47 am
@Leadfoot,
From Genesis, the same word soul is used to describe animals and man alike, it means life, breath or a combination thereof, so that itself I would not understand to be the part that is made in Gods image. Rather his ability to emulate God's imputed primary qualities of Love, Wisdom, Power and Justice.

Resurrection and how it could work is a heavy and very philosophical subject, perhaps I'll open up a thread for a more in depth discussion.
I am not sure that everything a man is can be stored on a hard drive, but I do believe our traits, personality, memory are largely chemically and electrically stored information that can be retained or recreated but the questions it raises around what "you" are, become many and varied, but certainly not boring, Ill try and get a new thread up tomorrow and we can open this can o' worms Smile
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 09:52 am
@Smileyrius,
What we are is complicated indeed. I don't pretend to know all the answers either. Look forward to the discussion tho...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 11:56 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
That brings up the question of what it means to be 'created our image'? What is it in man that differentiates him from animals?
Our qualities, such as:
Principled love
Standards of justice and fairness
Wisdom
Concept of indefinite time
Free will within the constraints of our physical limitations.
0 Replies