Mary was espoused to Joseph

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:04 am
The parents, Joaquin and Ana, of Mary were old already when she was born. At aged three, she was offered to God in the temple where she served and cared for. She was taught moral character, to sew, and to weave. By aged nine, she was a orphan. Her parents had died.

When she was fit and adequate to be married ("Nang mahusto na't maganap taong sukat maging dapat na ipag-asawang hayag") (how old should a woman be to be fit for marriage?) and learned that she was being married, she said to the priest who invited her, that she does not want to be married, and her virginity was offered to God only that is why she entered the temple. The priest was startled, and together with other priests, prayed to God. God answered their prayers, and gathered together all descendants of David.

These came from Pasiong Mahal, pages 12-14, and related by the spirit of Ama.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,619 • Replies: 16
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 07:13 am
@peacecrusader888,
Wait... are you saying Mary mother of God had sex with the priest? That's cool, I guess. At least the story makes more sense now.
peacecrusader888

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 02:01 pm
@maxdancona,
No, Mary, the mother of Jesus, did not have sex with anyone. When she was fit to be married, the priest who allowed her to be admitted to the temple when she was aged three, was startled what he heard from the humble Mary.
Smileyrius

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 10:40 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Mary, the mother of Jesus, did not have sex with anyone

Are you aware that Jesus had brothers and sisters? were these also of immaculate conception?
peacecrusader888

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 07:21 pm
@Smileyrius,
I am aware of so-called brothers and sisters of Jesus in Matthew 13:55-56 and Mark 6:3. The spirit of Ama said that they were children of whoever. Mary had only one child and that is Jesus. If Mary had brothers and sisters, why would He entrust His mother to the disciple He loved (John 19:26)? Also notice that the said verses may be composed by two or three verses. Usually, it is only one sentence. Weren't they added by somebody?

Ama said that her virginity is clearer than glass.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 06:33 pm
From the book "The World of Ancient Israel" by D. Mailsheim, page 80, it states: "Minors, in the case of girls 5 under 12 years and 1 day, could be betrothed or given as wives by their fathers."

Mary was more than 12 years when the priest told her that she would be wed. How old is fit for marriage? I said to the spirit of Ama that Mary was a teenager (13 to 19 years old) when she was espoused to Joseph. He said to me to read Pasiong Mahal.

She could not be more than 12 years and 1 day because she would be considered a minor. Another thing is that she was not less than nine years old because she became an orphan at age nine. It was not his father Joaquin who asked her to wed but the priest. I think, Mary was between 12 and 13 years old.
peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 03:41 am
@peacecrusader888,
Mary was between 12 and 13 when she was espoused to Joseph. Joseph was an old person, maybe about 60 years old. So he was about five times the age of Mary when espoused.
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 09:37 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Roman records say Jesus was the illegitimate son of a Roman soldier.
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 02:04 am
@TomTomBinks,
Intriguing my friend, do you have the source? I like to study up on gamechanging claims
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 08:37 am
@TomTomBinks,
I too would be interested in reading these Roman records you speak about. I was totally unaware that Rome kept birth records for backwater provinces such as Judea.
TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 11:36 am
@CoastalRat,
I don't think it was a birth record, but had to do with his execution.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 11:37 am
@CoastalRat,
I honestly don't remember. I've "known" this for so many years I never doubted it's authenticity. I will search for the source myself.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 10:34 pm
@CoastalRat,
I find no supporting evidence for my statement and so retract it. I apologize. I read an account 25 years ago and somehow it stuck in my mind as a fact, I have not looked into it since. Reference: Tiberius Iulius Abdes Pantera.
Though this account is tenuous at best and fictitious at worst, it seems to me a likely explanation of a young girl's mysterious pregnancy.
peacecrusader888

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 07:40 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Is Mary, a virgin young woman, becoming pregnant impossible to the true God? It was prophesied by the Isaiah about 700 years earlier in Isaiah 7:14 and Isaiah 9:6?
TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 10:07 pm
@peacecrusader888,
There are many possibilities. Mary was being naughty, got pregnant. She was scared of the consequences (shame, punishment, possibly death) so made up a story.
Maybe she was raped, didn't know how to handle it, made up a story.
Maybe she was drunk, or got knocked on the head and didn't remember doing the nasty; maybe she really had a dream.
There are other possibilities and scenarios that may have happened. What did NOT happen was a magical insemination by a god. Period.
peacecrusader888

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2016 01:38 am
@TomTomBinks,
What you say are "maybe". The true God can prophesy. The false gods cannot.
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2016 05:20 am
@peacecrusader888,
True gods, false gods. Potato, potato.
0 Replies