What is the main argument in the book The Sea-Wolf by Jack London?

Ar948

Wed 17 Feb, 2016 11:20 pm
What is the main argument of the book.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,784 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

Roberta

Thu 18 Feb, 2016 05:52 am
@Ar948,
Do your own homework.
farmerman

Thu 18 Feb, 2016 06:15 am
@Roberta,
never take a job working for guys named WOLF. Drown first.
That sorta summarizes it as short as anyone can do.
0 Replies

Therthe

Wed 21 Jul, 2021 07:11 am
@Ar948,
I love Jack London's work since high school. Then I was always the first to read all the literature for the summer and loved to write essays. The mind is the same weapon, the same tool that can be used both for good purposes and for destructive purposes. Being smart and well-read doesn't mean being a good person. Wolf Larsin is a confirmation of this: haughty, immoral, rude, inhuman, he reads a lot and learns a lot, but follows the principle "The strongest survives", the highest value is his own life, and the lives of other people do not matter to him. He does not hesitate to take the life of his own sailors, because the presence of the same arms, legs and body, like his own, is not a reason for him not to kill.
The main character, on whose behalf the narration goes, goes the way of becoming from a white-handed guy to a man tested by tests, who, moreover, meets the love of his life.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 21 Jul, 2021 09:15 am
@Ar948,
Ar948 wrote:

What is the main argument of the book.

Do you think it is smart to reach out on a random board and ask someone to do your homework? A lesson - you are likely to get good results - either someone is going to tell you to do your own homework or else someone is going to give you an incorrect answer.

Ask for help - or assistance on how to tackle a question or subject but do not expect anyone to give you a good answer.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:21 am
@Linkat,
I suppose, after more than five years, the OP will hopefully have finished his homework
Linkat

Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I suppose, after more than five years, the OP will hopefully have finished his homework

Ha ha did not see that!

Well too late - hopefully he successfully graduated high school
0 Replies