The atheist challenge

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 04:41 pm
Find the evil in this that you speak of;

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:38-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.”
‭‭John‬ ‭16:8-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Setanta

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 04:43 pm
Who said it's evil? Why should anyone believe that it's true? Why should an atheist accept any challenges from you? That's why you came here, to bash atheists?
edgarblythe

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 04:46 pm
I don't think most atheists will read the initial post. For one, most of us have already read all that and formed our conclusions long ago. Two, it gets so boring, being taunted with these identical attacks, decade after decade.
Johnjohnjohn

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 04:51 pm
@Setanta,
I came to help atheists; you came to bash christians...

Is that not why you even clicked on this post?
Johnjohnjohn

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 04:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Im sorry that you came across worldly christians.

They confuse unbelievers and institute hate.

Thats why most who call Lord Lord are not even going to get the kingdom.

Be around a true christian for a while, you'll atleast have a different mindset.

I bet all you've heard are the "TURN TO MY GOD OR BURN FOREVER" harsh ones,

But most of them will be the ones burning; How ironic.

If you don't believe; Just don't depart hating christians.

If they act so messed up that you hate them; they arent true christians.

Dont get me wrong; true christians preach hell, but they don't want you to be there.

Doesn't make sense, I know.

0 Replies

thack45

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 05:22 pm
Ah, but,
Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached

For it is written,
But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 05:36 pm
I may feel sorry for one so obsessed, but, hate is kind of silly. We haven't even been introduced.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 05:47 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
Thanks for confirming my suspicion about why you came here. I came here in late 2002, before any religoius thread had ever been posted here. Thanks for also confirming my belief that you don't really know anything about atheists, but you entertain negative attitudes about them . . . you old charm school dropout.
Johnjohnjohn

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 06:54 pm
@Setanta,
I didn't know there was a college class about atheists...
Setanta

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 06:00 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
I suspect that the subjects about which you do not know are legion. The one thing that atheists have in common is that they don't have anything in common just by being atheists. They're all different, it's not a belief set like religion. You're a smart mouthed MF, aren't you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 06:13 am
Ahhhh...this is the kind of person The Atheists of A2K love to debate. They don't have the guts to actually debate people who aren't at least this off-the-wall.

That is why these "atheists: showed up to spend some quality time with you, John. They are only interested in the low hanging fruit.
timur

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 06:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ah, I was expecting Frank to drop more his usual crap!
Frank Apisa

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 06:50 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Ah, I was expecting Frank to drop more his usual crap!

You were expecting me to drop you???

Why would I do that?
timur

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 07:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
That's exactly your usual vomit, little guy!

You wish you would know something about atheists.

Instead you utter some crappy nonsense and you think it's a transcendental brainwave.

Frank Apisa

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 07:27 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

That's exactly your usual vomit, little guy!

You wish you would know something about atheists.

Instead you utter some crappy nonsense and you think it's a transcendental brainwave.

I know plenty about atheists...and the most vocal ones in A2K are cowards and liars.

But I do welcome your return...since you always lead with your jaw

timur

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 08:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
I know that lots of theists and agnostics (also known as undercover theists) are liars and cowards.

You are one of the most vocal ones.

Nobody can beat you as a weasel and a liar.
Frank Apisa

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 09:07 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

I know that lots of theists and agnostics (also known as undercover theists) are liars and cowards.

That is interesting. But it does not impact on what I said.

Quote:
You are one of the most vocal ones.

I am not a coward nor a liar. You are projecting...and doing it poorly, as you do so many other things.

That is MY picture up above...and MY name. I don't hide behind an alias and someone else's picture like you are doing.

Quote:

Lame.

You gotta do better than that. Or you are going to get bloodied in this dust-up...also as usual.
0 Replies

timur

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 11:20 am
Timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
But it does not impact on what I said.

Oh, yes, it does!

Are you the owner of the eternal truth that makes the same argument valid in your case and invalid on others?

You are a liar and a coward.

You are not man enough to admit you know nothing about atheists.

You project the way you "think" atheists are, not the way atheists feel.

Frank wrote:
I am not a coward nor a liar.

That is MY picture up above...and MY name. I don't hide behind an alias and someone else's picture like you are doing.

You really are a coward and a liar, doubled by a dumbass hypocrite.

You aren't clever enough to see that people have feelings and belong to cultures that are worlds apart from yours and, as so, don't consider having an avatar is hiding something.

Timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
Lame.

You gotta do better than that. Or you are going to get bloodied in this dust-up...also as usual.

You never did something of that kind and you will not do it in the future.

As for lameness, you are the archetype of it..

You better admit that you know nothing about atheists and stop your sad crap and your wild guesses about atheists.
Frank Apisa

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 11:45 am
@timur,
timur wrote:

Timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
But it does not impact on what I said.

Oh, yes, it does!

Are you the owner of the eternal truth that makes the same argument valid in your case and invalid on others?

You are a liar and a coward.

You are not man enough to admit you know nothing about atheists.

You project the way you "think" atheists are, not the way atheists feel.

Good grief...get a handle on it, Timur.

You already are an easy mark...don't make things easier.

Quote:
Frank wrote:
I am not a coward nor a liar.

You really are a coward and a liar, doubled by a dumbass hypocrite.

You aren't clever enough to see that people have feelings and belong to cultures that are worlds apart from yours and, as so, don't consider having an avatar is hiding something.

Consider whatever you want. But if you don't have the guts to put your name and picture up...and instead HIDE behind an alias and someone else's picture...you really shouldn't be calling others cowards.

But it is a delight to see you losing your cool this way.

Always leading with your chin!

Quote:

Timur wrote:

Frank wrote:
Lame.

You never did something of that kind and you will not do it in the future.

As for lameness, you are the archetype of it..

You better admit that you know nothing about atheists and stop your sad crap and your wild guesses about atheists.

What makes you think I know nothing about atheists?

I have lots and lots of atheist friends. Here in A2K...my closest friends are all atheists. Jonathan, Bernie, Jane, Thomas...and maybe even Steve. (Joe Nation, Blatham, Lola, Thomas, and Tsarstepen)

I know them...we meet, have drinks and dinners...and we discuss atheism at times. (They tend not to be as out-of-control as you...so we do it nicely.)

But I guess you are trying for laughs...and succeeding beyond your wildest dreams.
Wink

0 Replies

timur

Sun 13 Dec, 2015 12:30 pm
Frank wrote:
Consider whatever you want. But if you don't have the guts to put your name and picture up...and instead HIDE behind an alias and someone else's picture...you really shouldn't be calling others cowards.

Are you so thick as to continue to pretend to know stuff you really don't know nothing about?

I just explained you where your assumptions are totally wrong.

You are a coward not to admit other people may have a culture and a behavior that differs from yours.

Frank wrote:
But it is a delight to see you losing your cool this way.

It's not a delight to see you being so dense as to not comprehend that you don't know if I lose my cool or not.

Frank wrote:
What makes you think I know nothing about atheists?

Every word you write makes me be sure beyond doubt that you know nothing about atheists and atheism.

You may be acquainted with atheists, but I doubt you understand them.

Frank wrote:
I have lots and lots of atheist friends. Here in A2K...my closest friends are all atheists. Jonathan, Bernie, Jane, Thomas...and maybe even Steve. (Joe Nation, Blatham, Lola, Thomas, and Tsarstepen)

Insecurities at your age? Do you need support to assume your crap?

I suspect that they are such nice people that they tolerate you.

I'd be surprised that they share the crap you post.