The three types of hypocrites that include pretty much 99% of people.

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 01:37 pm
Class 1 -- those are the easiest to identify. That guy who is so nice to you in the office only to stab you in the back when the next round of promotion starts. Or that sales guy at the used car dealership who acts like your best buddy only to sell you a car with a leaking water pump.

Class 2 -- those are a bit harder to catch. They are super friendly and super nice to everyone in the office and are never confrontational. They are often somewhat smart so getting promoted at work isn't a problem and they don't need to stab you in the back to climb higher. Or they are contend with where they are at now. However, they have their "trusted pack" among which they will use the n-word, calling other people names...etc. They often flame on the internet and are not afraid to insult others or stir up something on the internet as long as they remain anonymous.

Class 3 -- These are the most difficult to catch, such as some people in the Midwest. On the surface you'd think they are the nicest people on earth, but really they are rather distant. Working 20 years with them, and going to church with their family every Sunday, you may still not know much about them. They probably won't do as much flaming or insulting on the internet, but closing their doors with their family, they trash talk pretty much about everyone and are secretly supports of the KKK.

Which category do you belong to? Don't answer this question because who would admit?

George

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 02:12 pm
@Angelgz2,
Class 4 -- I post to internet forums with a holier-than-thou attitude.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 02:41 pm
@Angelgz2,
You may find people on a2k being actually too straightforward, thus annoying you in other ways.

So is Angelgz2 your real name?
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 07:41 am
@Angelgz2,
In a complicated world it's perhaps impossible to not be at least occasionally hypocritical. If issues were really black and white it'd be easier to avoid hypocrisy, but almost nothing ever is.

If your nation's soldiers can kill enemies and still be good, but you'd say murder makes one bad, you're hypocritical about killing.

One of many examples.
George

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 08:57 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
HesDeltanCaptain wrote:
. . . If your nation's soldiers can kill enemies and still be good, but you'd say
murder makes one bad, you're hypocritical about killing. . .
Illogical
0 Replies

Angelgz2

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 11:40 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Agree to that it is impossible to avoid hypocrisy completely. However, I feel people are more hypocritical in America than in some other nations I've been too.
George

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 12:42 pm
@Angelgz2,
Such as?
Angelgz2

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 12:59 pm
@George,
India, Japan, China, Korea.

Some of the people there would not pretend to like you if they don't. Not to say everyone here is a hypocrite but the # is pretty high in the Midwest. Behind these smiles I see some levels of racism in their minds. I don't mind some level of stereotype -- people fear the unknown or the different -- it's understandable. For instance if they don't get enough tip in the restaurant, I'd rather they mention it instead of pretending. Some upscale places I went to, these waiters walk by and smile and do their best to pretend to be nice, but I still notice the level of service is different. The waiter is probably thinking to herself "another Asian family... probably no tip again...." I know most Asians to tend to give small or no tips -- it's just not a practice in Asia, but rather than assuming and keep pretending, just find a nice way to tell me tips are 15-20% and I'd happy to give. This one salon girl said to me naturally "hey if you think my service is good, a 20% tip is greatly appreciated". I gave her 25%.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 01:03 pm
i tend to be more hypothetical myself
George

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 01:07 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i tend to be more hypothetical myself
But what if you weren't?
0 Replies