Mother Of The Year

giujohn

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 04:35 pm
She should be awarded Mother Of The Year

giujohn

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 04:52 pm
@giujohn,
I doubt he will ever be able to show his face in school again!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 06:57 pm
She should have done this some years ago.

I'd like to know if she raised him alone.
MMarciano

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 07:12 pm
@giujohn,
I think it’s pathetic that anyone would think this woman should be mother of the year. Hauling off and slapping her child in the face humiliating him in public? OH yeah of course a right wing cracka would think she should be mother of the year.
giujohn

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 07:14 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:

I'd like to know if she raised him alone.

Yep...she's a single mom
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 07:17 pm
@MMarciano,
Quote:
Hauling off and slapping her child in the face humiliating him in public?

Hey dumb ass...he humiliated himself when he donned that hoodie and tried to be a thug. She told CBS news, he knew he was in big trouble when she recognized him.

"He knew he was in trouble," said Graham. "He said when 'I seen you,' he said, 'ma, my instinct was to run.'"

And as far as I'm concerned she should get a ******* medal.
MMarciano

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 07:24 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

And as far as I'm concerned she should get a ******* medal.

That's because you're an ignorant cracka!
Below viewing threshold (view)
cers

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 07:58 pm
@MMarciano,
Quote:
That's because you're an ignorant cracka!

Let's see how much you know. Why do blacks call whites crackas?
Ragman

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 08:14 pm
@MMarciano,
Actually, even though I agree on many points of view expressed by you and JCboy, that isn't the reaction I had. I thought it was pretty appropriate that she slapped the boy considering he was participating in a riot. After all, The mother saw her son on television throwing rocks at police.

I'm loathe to agree with these other two on anything, FWIW.
giujohn

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 08:25 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman...it's ok you can come over to the dark side...we'll be gentle.
giujohn

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2015 08:45 pm
Quote:
Actually, even though I agree on many points of view expressed by you and JCboy, that isn't the reaction I had. I thought it was pretty appropriate that she slapped the boy considering he was participating in a riot. After all, The mother saw her son on television throwing rocks at police.

So in other words MMarciano, you're a dumbass.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 05:45 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I'm loathe to agree with these other two on anything, FWIW.

I agree - granted I do not normally support smacking your child in the head in public, but this boys actions were very extreme and could get him in huge trouble. I do not like the swearing and hitting, but certainly understand her reaction. She flew off the handle understandably - and maybe did something extreme but it was much better than the other parents that did nothing.

Her child must know his behaviour is not tolerated. I know some people are saying if she didn't do this or that then he would not have been there in the first place --- I do not necessarily agree. When she called him out and smacked him - he didn't fight her - he knew she wasn't taking his crap.

Maybe not the ideal handling, but it seemed effective and she certainly got her point across so why would I argue with her tactic.
Ragman

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 09:27 am
@Linkat,
Agreed. I'm loathe to see it as an example of proper parental guidance, but when you take it in context of the emergency...this was a woman who is extremely frustrated and seeing her son exhibiting behavior that could be provoking deadly force or possibly causing permanent harm or worse to a police officers caught in the chaos of a riot...you have to take all in consideration ...it's about the context.

Clearly ... that's a No! She's not mother of the year!

I detest violence in almost all circumstances (barring a self defense scenario) and am against physical punishment...but this is a woman trying to assert her authority over HER child who is participating in a riot - a behavior that is admittedly a choice of the least of all the evils.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 09:45 am
Furthermore, there are some people whose sole activity is dedicated on forums and in RL ... feeling the necessity to portray blacks and minorities in a bad light. there's no Nobel peace prize being awarded to anyone caught up in these circumstances.

Even the retired NFL player, Ray Lewis's, plea is falling on deaf ears.

That being said, no one whose photographed in a riot looks good - whether it's the police, military or rioters. These dynamics are all about the complete breakdown of social order that has long and treacherous history of extremely bad community relations and boils over in chaos and mayhem. Media makes matters even worse by continually fanning the flames by bringing the worst forward and fixating the public attention solely on the violence itself.
cers

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 11:46 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
These dynamics are all about the complete breakdown of social order that has long and treacherous history

Which began with the entitlements that LBJ purchased Blacks votes with.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2015 07:51 am
@Ragman,
Agreed, hardly anyone worth mentioning is talking about Freddie Gray and the reason the riots are happening.