Why do most Muslims recite the Koran frequently even those who memorize it?

magdo

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 09:01 pm
Koran recitation

View best answer, chosen by magdo
chai2

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 09:06 pm
@magdo,
Probably the same reasons Christians recite, quote and memorize the New Testament

Ditto Jews and the Torah.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 12:56 am
@magdo,
Its a form of self and group hypnosis and indulgence in word magic. Repetition reinforces the psychological need for the concept of "the eternal".

Okay. Its now time for you to sign out as magdo and sign in as hassanelagouz so you can print your nonsense.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 12:59 am
@magdo,
So they can learn bullshit by heart.
0 Replies

hassanelagouz
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 05:32 am
@magdo,
Muslims read the Koran again and again to keep to memorizing it and not to forget it; this is for those who know it by heart. Or they try to contemplate and understand its meanings and assimilate its aims and legislations to use it in their practical lives, and this is for all Muslims. They also do this for easing the soul, purifying the heart and clearing the chest, it is as God says:
"Say: "It is a Guide and a Healing to those who believe," Surat Fosselat, verse 44.
God shows in another verse the type of this cure, he says:
"And a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts," Surat Yunos, verse 57.
fresco

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 07:47 am
@hassanelagouz,
There's still time for a 38 year old radiographer to get a life.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 08:24 am
@hassanelagouz,
That's what I said.

(See post above yours)
fresco

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 09:26 am
@Lordyaswas,
Not quite! He also said it was useful for"clearing the chest" and went on to talk about diseases.
I don't know about you but I find Vick very good, but since he is a radiographer maybe he knows something we don't ! Smile
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 09:30 am
@fresco,
Do you think it's all that chest beating whilst they brainwash themselves?

Personally I find that a little Nightnurse helps clear my tubes.

fresco

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 09:40 am
@Lordyaswas,
I thought they were head bangers rather than chest beaters.
Nightnurse is good provided you know how to get to the loo whilst still asleep.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 09:42 am
@fresco,
Sleep? My Nightnurse keeps me awake all night.

I usually have a doze whilst she makes breakfast though.
fresco

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 09:46 am
@Lordyaswas,
Ah! Those tubes.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:03 am
@hassanelagouz,
hassanelagouz wrote:

Muslims read the Koran again and again to keep to memorizing it and not to forget it; this is for those who know it by heart. Or they try to contemplate and understand its meanings and assimilate its aims and legislations to use it in their practical lives, and this is for all Muslims. They also do this for easing the soul, purifying the heart and clearing the chest, it is as God says:
"Say: "It is a Guide and a Healing to those who believe," Surat Fosselat, verse 44.
God shows in another verse the type of this cure, he says:
"And a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts," Surat Yunos, verse 57.

Like I said in a much shorter version....

Probably the same reasons Christians recite, quote and memorize the New Testament

Ditto Jews and the Torah.

I have the distinct feeling this posters answer will be chosen and the best answer, just as his are also chosen in other deliberately chosen questions on other manufactured theards.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:05 am
@chai2,
I hope mine is given one of those red ribbon thingummybobs.
0 Replies

magdo

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 05:33 am
All Muslims do. It's part of the daily prayers. Next to believing in the content and therefore thinking it's important to know it, we also believe there's reward in memorisation and recitation of the Qur'an. Reciting it is part of our worship
fresco

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 07:28 am
@magdo,
Go and recite it over the graves of the kids just slaughtered by your co- religionists.
Love2Love

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2018 05:05 pm
@fresco,
fresco and lordyaswas, if you have nothing constructive to say, then say nothing.

Ditto about lies.

It is forbidden to kill innocents in Islam. Islam is the only of the 3 Abrahamic religions to explicitly forbid killing children. Killing innocents carries the penalty of eternal damnation without even smelling the fragrance of Paradise let alone getting there. That is literally what the religion teaches.

Some extremists did it? That's how you know those extremeists are against the religion then. You thrive on the actions of these extremists and ignore all that the religion has to offer. You are therefore doing the exremists' work. Try to understand.
fresco

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 07:26 am
@Love2Love,
Wake up and grow up !

You've recently wandered onto this forum and are attempting to revive old threads which have contemporary communicative significance ONLY to the contributors AT THAT TIME.
The psychologjcal and sociological aspects of religion have been intelligently discussed on this forum for the last ten years and more. Look them up !

0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 04:50 pm
@magdo,
Quran means 'recite' or perhaps 'recitation'. It was what was commanded to Mohammed by the angel Gabriel (at least, that is what was claimed).

Mohammed was also the best example there ever would be of how to live a godly life (at least, that it what was claimed).

It is a mark of distinction in Islamic cultures to be able to recite the whole of the Quran by memory. No doubt then, the more you are able to remember / quote, the greater the distinction (up to those who can by rote, the whole book).

Probably a better question than 'why' is - what affect does reciting so frequently have on the mind of the reciter?
0 Replies