So many say the bible is pure to Monotheism, So why is Tartaroo from Greek Polytheistism in the NT

neologist

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 11:30 pm
@neologist,
Stupid me. My spell check changed tetragrammaton to transmigration and I failed to see it until now. Crying or Very sad

Mea culpa
0 Replies

TheJackal

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:26 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

You see, the scriptures have an explanation which, although sublime, requires little in the way of esoteric reasoning.

I disagree... It is makes no sense for a religion or a God to demand belief under the context that it's only intended to be understood by a select few. This is a general red flag to which I find common place in most religions and cults that typically demand belief on faith..., as in believe what we say and don't try to understand it. It's similar to that GOD documentary in where the person who was interviewed made the argument that if the Bible were to say that 2+2=5, we should believe it and accept it as just beyond our understanding, or that it's esoteric. It's not really an argument I can take seriously, especially when I know it's largely built on pre-existing Pagan polytheistic mythology, anthropomorphism, and animism. Hence, religion evolved from animism to which eventually became anthropomorphic to the point in where the power and things of nature, these to which they did not understand, became gods, or attributed as epithets of GOD's..

Quote:
The Bible is not a scientific treatise; it is, rather a text designed for the least sophisticated of us.

I would say it is neither.., it is rather the product of the evolution of religion through our journey out of ignorance to which has had been influenced by competing religions, cults, geopolitics, war, and the rise to the scientific age of reason. The bible is a product of edition, assimilation, politics, and addition within the context of dominion theology. I would even argue it's a product that shows us that at some point, we realized none of it is true and that it is rather a great tool to control the masses..

Quote:

There are many intelligent beings having powers beyond those of men and who may be referred to as gods. Their existence first becomes evident in Genesis 1:26 when God said "Let us make man in our image" This is restated in Job 38:7,when, speaking of creation, Moses wrote

Yes, and it's taken from pre-existing polytheistic creation mythology ranging from the Babylonians to the Egyptians while largely rooted in the Canaanite Pantheon, the assembly and divine council of the sons of EL. It's further noted that some bibles have now edited this out and dishonestly replaced it with "In his image"..

Quote:

And, of course, these are the ones referred to by Peter as those assigned to tartarus.

When cross referenced, these could only have been divine beings, the son's of EL. They are not son's of men, and those being assigned for destruction and to Tatarus is essentially a good insight between the internal political struggle between Pagan polytheism and Pagan monotheism.. The core structure of the Bible is literally wrapped around this conflict.

Hence for example, you bring up Proverbs when Proverbs is essentially the assimilation of Asherah and her epithets into the persona of Yahweh. I am not sure if you know this, but Asherah was the mother of all GOD's, she was before all others, and her imagery is infused into Yahweh.. Hence again Yahwists are usurping pre-existing deities and epithets and attributing them to Yahweh. And I will give you a run down of Proverbs and Asherah:

To start, I wrote an article on misogyny, but that is not the important part for this discussion as it is rather the citation on Asherah in the Bible as original sin is mostly in reference in idolatry:

http://thejackelscolumn.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/original-sin-misogyny-tree-of-knowledge-and-the-forbidden-fruit/

Abstract:

It thus should not be surprising that The fruit of knowledge is thus inferred as venom to which will poison ones mind with ungodly thoughts, temptation by talking snake. Thus to eat from the tree of knowledge in accordance to the story of Adapa and Adam, you will become like the Gods knowing good and evil, this to which is forbidden!.

Interestingly, the tree of knowledge and life are associated to the Goddess Asherah, she to which is treated as a form of idolatry, punishable by death. To seek to eat from these trees is to commit idolatry, and would be considered the worshiping of Asherah, or lady wisdom as we know wisdom was largely associated to female Goddesses such as Athena and Asherah. You may even know Asherah as “Hockmah”, or as “Wisdom” in proverbs. Proverbs is Wisdom’s rebuke, and an epithet assimilated into the persona of Yahweh:

Quote:
“Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn out its seven pillars. She has prepared her meat and mixed her wine; she has also set her table” (Proverbs 9:1-2)

“In his house El gave a feast of game, the produce of the hunt in the midst of his palace, he cried: ‘To the carving, gods, eat, O gods, and drink! Drink wine until satiety, foaming wine until intoxication!’ Yarih arched his back like a dog; he gathered up crumbs beneath the tables. Any god who recognized him threw him meat from the joint” (KTU 1.114 R 1-7)

“Why has the Great Lady who Tramples Yam come? Why has the Mother of the gods arrived? Are you very hungry? Then eat! Are you very thirsty? Then drink! Eat and drink! Eat food from the table, from goblets drink wine, from cups of gold the juice of grapes” (KTU 1.4 IV 32-37).

See also:
Space and Time in the Religious Life of the Near East P.227

The connection with Wisdom and Asherah is clearly noted in Proverbs 3:13-18 . name Asherah (‘ashrh) and the word “happy” (‘ashre), which is paired in direct conjunction with the “tree of life” :

Quote:

“Happy (‘ashre) is the one who finds wisdom …. She is a tree of life (‘ts chyym) to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are made happy (m’sshr).” (Proverbs 3:13, 18; cf. 11:30; 15:4)

“Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn out its seven pillars. She has prepared her meat and mixed her wine; she has also set her table” (Proverbs 9:1-2)

“In his house El gave a feast of game, the produce of the hunt in the midst of his palace, he cried: ‘To the carving, gods, eat, O gods, and drink! Drink wine until satiety, foaming wine until intoxication!’ Yarih arched his back like a dog; he gathered up crumbs beneath the tables. Any god who recognized him threw him meat from the joint” (KTU 1.114 R 1-7)

“Why has the Great Lady who Tramples Yam come? Why has the Mother of the gods arrived? Are you very hungry? Then eat! Are you very thirsty? Then drink! Eat and drink! Eat food from the table, from goblets drink wine, from cups of gold the juice of grapes” (KTU 1.4 IV 32-37).

http://home.valornet.com/eldavis/The_Garden.html

Hokmah is thus likely either Asherah, or an Epithet of Asherah as “wisdom”. Furthermore, you can note Asherah, the Tree of Life and the Menorah. This is still clearly dealing with EL and his wife, or more specifically the Canaanite Pantheon. Both El and Asherah were assimilated, and as noted Hokmah in my article on Yahweh, Asherah is in some literature suggested as Yahweh’s daughter - (Understanding Wisdom Literature: Conflict and Dissonance in the Hebrew Text p. 31) . However, when we examine the evidence, we find that if Hokmah is the wisdom of Asherah, we can note that She was the wife of EL, the godhead of the Canaanite religion rather than Yahweh's daughter. She’s a fertility mountain God, Mother of the Gods, wife of the GOD of the Mountains, and Mother of all life on Earth - [The Oxford Companion to World Mythology p.32] .

Further evidence of this can be found in “Hosea 14:9 to which focuses on the image of the tree. This again is mostly likely the usurping of Asherah into not only the Yahwistic symbol of life” (EARLY HISTORY OF GOD, p. 136), but also into the very persona of Yahweh. Her epithets get absorbed into the Yahwistic religion as a subjugated role subservient to the male supremacy of Yahweh. She becomes not only assimilated into Yahweh as the symbol of life, but the forbidden fruits of knowledge associated in the image of the tree.
Quote:

1 Blessed is the man[a]
who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
2 but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree
planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
4 The wicked are not so,
but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
6 for the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

And to highlight further:

Quote:

Throughout the OT, there is an association of Asherah with trees. In most instances, the representation of Asherah is what is meant in reference, usually made of wood and found “under trees” and in groves (1 Kings 14:23; 2 Kings 17:10; Jeremiah 2:20, 3:6; Isaiah 57:5). Furthermore, the Hebrew word ‘elah”, to which means oak in English, derives from Elat (Ugaritic‘lt). This was an epithet of Asherah as noted in here in the following Source: (cf. KTU 1.4 iv 50; 1.6 i 41; 1.14 iv 35, where “Athirat of Tyre” is called the “Elat of Sidon”, etc.).

http://home.valornet.com/eldavis/The_Garden.html

These are things most people or Christians are not aware of, and the subject is agreeable a complex issue created by the mastery of those in the art of assimilation throughout history. To point, Proverbs isn't talking about "Jesus" my dear friend.
neologist

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:28 pm
@TheJackal,
You write very much. I will take this one point and try to get to the remainder later.
I wrote:
You see, the scriptures have an explanation which, although sublime, requires little in the way of esoteric reasoning.
TheJackal wrote:
I disagree... It is makes no sense for a religion or a God to demand belief under the context that it's only intended to be understood by a select few. This is a general red flag to which I find common place in most religions and cults that typically demand belief on faith..., as in believe what we say and don't try to understand it. . . . .
This is exactly what I did not say. That the least sophisticated of us are able to understand in no way disqualifies those of greater mental strength.
Quote:
At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes.(Matthew 11:25)
TheJackal

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 11:29 pm
@neologist,
Sorry, I took "little in the way" in a different context.. However, even here I would disagree since the bible really isn't that simple, and most from what I can tell, or at least most I have met, do not have a very deep understanding of the origins of the bible to which requires a descent read of ancient cultures, oral traditions, beliefs, and rituals just to get a foundation in what is actually entailed in the bible. Now it really matters not if the Canaanites, or the tribes of Canaan had decided to pick among their Pantheon as the god of their monotheistic birth.. It may even have been to them a logical step to simplify worship into a singular deity than in 70 or more other deities.

The Egyptians tried it first and failed, and it seems this thought had been exported and imported into Canaan. It's also quite interesting that it was Ahmose who evicted the Hyksos from Egypt, and that moses is likely a fictional character based on Ahmose with the exception of being described as a prophet who led them to the promise land of Canaan rather than the Pharaoh that evicted them from Egypt. Furthermore, and to this point, I find it also interesting that Amenhotep IV's method and means to destroy all other gods and usurp them into Aten parallel's how Yahwists went about destroying and mashing the idols such as Asherah and the other Canaanite gods. The monotheistic rise of Yahwism came very shorty after Amenhotep's death.

http://www.usu.edu/markdamen/1320hist&civ/chapters/10AKHEN.htm

It could be argued that the idea of Monotheism came to Canaan
neologist

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 01:43 am
@TheJackal,
It is true that most nominal christians have little real understanding of the Bible. After all, preachers need their salaries.

But with an honest effort, it is possible to let the Bible explain itself. I've often said that a person with a good understanding of the first 3 chapters of Genesis would know more than is being preached in 95% of the churches.
TheJackal

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 11:19 pm
@neologist,
I would say the idea is explained and the principles of how to live ones life in accordance to that is well explained.. Just not the history and origin to which comes from a wide spectrum rooted in polythiestic oral traditions, rituals, gods, and beliefs. Hence if anything to take from this is how much of these cultures live on in the narrative of the bible, a book perhaps in attempt to consolidate them all into one faith and religion within one deity.
Hence another example is Moses parting the sea stemming from the golden lotus. I find this fascinating as to how complex the bible actually is. You can't say that for most any other piece of literatue.

As for Christian's I don't believe they lose anything knowing more about it, it surely hadn't had any effect on my beliefs when I was a Christian.., it was more of Pantheism and the paradoxes involved that led me to become an atheist.. I even consider myself in part a Christian atheist. Hence I may not believe in divinity, or the concept of god, but I find myself adhering to many teachings of the bible and christian ideals.. There is always something one can take away positively from it. Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 06:59 pm
@FBM,
I believe you must approach the concept from the point of view of the naive realist. The scriptures were not written as a scientific treatise, but as a guidebook for the least sophisticated. Hence, what might have amounted to a kazillion years were dismissed in a few paragraphs of Genesis, chapter 1. the creative days then being collapsed into a single day at Genesis 2:4. (There really is no basis for the protestations of the young earth creationists.)

Additionally, the scriptures should explain themselves. Every seeming inconsistency and contradiction should (and does) have an explanation. Those who read the first 3 chapters of Genesis with discernment will come away with a greater knowledge of God and man's condition than is taught in the vast majority of so - called christian churches today.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 06:39 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I believe you must approach the concept from the point of view of the naive realist. The scriptures were not written as a scientific treatise, but as a guidebook for the least sophisticated. Hence, what might have amounted to a kazillion years were dismissed in a few paragraphs of Genesis, chapter 1. the creative days then being collapsed into a single day at Genesis 2:4. (There really is no basis for the protestations of the young earth creationists.)

Additionally, the scriptures should explain themselves. Every seeming inconsistency and contradiction should (and does) have an explanation. Those who read the first 3 chapters of Genesis with discernment will come away with a greater knowledge of God and man's condition than is taught in the vast majority of so - called christian churches today.

Your first paragraph is spot on, Neo. Some people are blind to the points you made there.

Your second paragraph could not be more wrong if you set out to write an incorrect paragraph. The MANY inconsistencies and contradictions DO NOT have an explanation...unless that "explanation" is that they are mythology invented by relatively unsophisticated, relatively uneducated, very superstitious early peoples who simply made glaring errors when they put their words and notions into the mouths of their gods.

The first 3 chapters of Genesis are an abomination to common sense...and your defense of some of that crap is an insult to your obvious intelligence. Whatever is causing you to defend that nonsense (I suspect it is understandable fear of that god)...get over it, and see the light.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 07:04 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I believe you must approach the concept from the point of view of the naive realist.

It's difficult for me to imagine a more incorrcect assessment of my perspective.

Quote:
The scriptures were not written as a scientific treatise, but as a guidebook for the least sophisticated. Hence, what might have amounted to a kazillion years were dismissed in a few paragraphs of Genesis, chapter 1. the creative days then being collapsed into a single day at Genesis 2:4. (There really is no basis for the protestations of the young earth creationists.)

Additionally, the scriptures should explain themselves.

I suppose they should, but they don't, given the amount and extremity of apologetics required to keep them afloat among rational adults.

Quote:
Every seeming inconsistency and contradiction should (and does) have an explanation.

Yes, supplied after several centuries of ad hoc navel-gazing, temporalizations and rationalizations.

Quote:
Those who read the first 3 chapters of Genesis with discernment will come away with a greater knowledge of God and man's condition than is taught in the vast majority of so - called christian churches today.

Well, as it turns out, I've read those chapters (both before and after being a believer), and when I subject them to critical reasoning and a healthy amount of skepticism (y'know, asking about for supportive evidence and whatnot), I don't see why any adult human with even a marginal degree of rationality would accept the "goddidit" answer. Seems to me that the most rational answer is that this god is no more demonstrably real than the Easter Bunny, Santa (Father Christmas), Zeus, Quetzalcoatl or the promise that I'll win the next lottery.

What it boils down to is that you've got to present some empirical evidence for your claim(s). History, authority, tradition, feel-good preference, fear of retribution, desire for eteral bliss, etc etc, simply don't cut the cake. You gotta show something that we can all look at, share, examine and analyze. If you don't have that, you don't have anything that other religions and pyramid schemes don't have.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 02:35 pm
I see I have a chore laid out for me.
Excuse me while I ponder my navel.
No wait.
I spent years doing that, comforting myself with the sure knowledge that the preachings of nominal christianity, trinity, hellfire, etc., could not represent the truth. Add to that the bloodthirsty fanaticism of the religious elements in warfare, and it is no wonder that atheism and agnosticism have such a following.

Then I discovered the Bible supports none of that. I'll be back.
0 Replies

TheJackal

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 01:18 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Hence, what might have amounted to a kazillion years were dismissed in a few paragraphs of Genesis, chapter 1. the creative days then being collapsed into a single day at Genesis 2:4. (There really is no basis for the protestations of the young earth creationists.)

Genesis is also a grand mix of Pagan mythology stemming from Egyptian to Babylonian creation myths. However, Genesis 1's creation order is the basis of young Earth's Creation because it begins with Earth. However that is just one problem with Genesis since what most don't understand is that Genesis is constructed around Creation in accordance to the day and night cycle.. Hence you can only actually make sense of it in this context to which I had explained here:

http://matt-mattjwest.newsvine.com/_news/2014/11/08/26568243-genesis-creation-and-science

Abstracted:

And thus I thought I would address this very argument:
Quote:
As I stated in the beginning however, if you read Genesis it describes the Creation in much the same way scientists describe it now

As any of us can see, this makes me wonder if this person has actually ever read Genesis. It appears to be a blind assertion, a means to reconcile biblical narrative with modern science even though they are completely incompatible. Thus I ask for a bit of your time as I explain why the Creation myth in Genesis is not compatible with modern cosmology, and I will do this through simply reviewing what Genesis actually says in its narrative.. Thus in starting here, What is important to note here is that the only way Genesis makes sense is if you understand that Genesis is like a journal of observation over a period of 7 days in regards to the day and night cycle, an observation of how the Earth appears to be created out of the pitch black Darkness of the night . Hence to note, they didn't have light pollution back then, and the night was pitch dark, a void stretching over the surface of the deep. And so with that in mind, let us review Genesis day by day:

Reference:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1

Quote:
Gen Day 1:
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the wat

Firstly, and to begin with, genesis starts with a claim that God created the Heavens and the Earth. We however, not oddly enough, can discount this claim just based on the narrative of the myth alone. Thus after that claim, Genesis starts with the existence of Earth as formless and void..., this makes no sense as an existing planet cannot be formless or void. However it does, and only makes sense in regards to the day night cycle. Furthermore, the phrase "the deep" in this era was most always inferred to the ocean or body of water. This is notable by the fact that Genesis here is stating "Darkness was over the surface of the deep". Hence at night, the Earth appears "Formless and empty", and "Darkness was over the "surface" of the "Deep".with the spirit of God hovering "over the waters" (a concept taken from preexisting pagan mythology).. hence to point, I know of no model of the Big Bang, or any model in cosmology in which "agrees with Genesis" here, but lets move on:

Quote:
Gen Day 1 Part 2:
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

This is the break of Dawn, as in a time frame before the sun rises above the horizon. This is in where you have the separation of night and day, "Light from the Darkness". Hence the Day Night Cycle in where the light becomes the day, and the darkness becomes the night. Thus the observer was defining "there was evening, and there was morning". This is not consistent with the big bang theory, but rather a mythology of Earth's creation through the day and night cycle, a creation myth that had existed well before the writing of Genesis. Therefore this was what was perceived as "the first day", and therefore ending the first day of observation. So lets move on to the 2nd day:

Quote:
Gen Day 2:
And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

Here on the second day, the observer notes the differences between the sky and the surface of the water ("surface of the deep" ) at the break of dawn, as in there was "Morning". During the break of dawn you get the emergence and creation of the sky, or essentially the appearance of the separation of the Earth from the Sky vs when at night they appear as one. Basically to them, this is the separation from the waters above from the waters below. This remembering of course that this observation is likely taking place near a body of water to which is likely looking over the Mediterranean sea. It is also important to note that since rain comes from the vault of the heavens, it was common belief that the firmament contained water, and in a way the sky does, but unfortunately not in the context they are describing here. This interpretation is further stressed in Part 2 of Day 2 of Genesis:

Quote:

Gen Day 2 Part 2:
9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

Once again at the break of dawn, and as darkness lifts, The water appears to gather into one place and differentiate from the ground. And thus as above, separating the waters from above and the waters below. With the exception of the added step and observation that as the sun rises, the waters below appear to gather from the darkness, and that land appears to rise from the deep. Thus the gathering waters is called "seas", and the rising dry ground called "land". Here the observer is again likely looking at the sea, and likely the Mediterranean. This day night cycle is again further supported in Day 3:

Quote:
Gen Day 3:
11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

It is now on the mourning of the 3rd Day, the observer notes the appearance of vegetation.. This is logical giving again that at the break of dawn, and when the darkness lifts, among the first things you see appear from the darkness isn't just the separation of waters, water gathering into one place, or the illusion of rising dry land, but also the appearance of the vegetation. Any early morning fisherman would understand this sort of observation. Hence You begin to see the trees and vegetation come from out of the void of darkness, and thus ending the 3rd day of observation. You may think this as consistent with science on the big bang, but it's not, and Day 4 really kills any hope of that:

Quote:

Gen Day 4:
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

This definitively tells you that this creation myth is based on the observation of the day night cycle. Hence the Earth didn't exist before the Sun, or Stars, and you can't have vegetation, light, or the morning before the existence of the Sun. It isn't till here that The Sun, Moon, and Stars are placed into the Sky. Thus it only makes sense in the context of an observer that after the break of dawn, the observer notes the rise of the Sun above the horizon, and the Moon at night with the stars that soon follow as darkness begins to take as dusk approaches. Also, the moon isn't a light, and can often be seen in broad day. This brings us to Day 5, and observation that as the day rises, life seems to come teaming alive in a logical order of the observed day night cycle:

Quote:

Gen Day 5:
And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day

Again we have observation of the transition from the evening to the mourning of the Day 5, taking note after the observation of the rise of the vegetation, fish, animals, and us. In the mourning as the Sun Rises, you begin to see the ocean team with life, the sky full of birds such as seagulls looking to get their early catch.. It's notable that many of these people were fisherman who got up bright and early to fish, and are aware of this appearing emergence of life as the sun rises. And it thus makes sense of the order we see given with the fish and the birds first appearing.. Day 6 of course continues this logical order..:

Quote:

Gen Day 6:
4 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

This continuing from the previous observation, we note that most other animals become noticed after the trees, fish, and birds as mourning nears the afternoon. Thus other animals being usually active before most people, we see that people appear last and generally after as to rise and rule over them.. And thus the creation myth based on the day night cycle. So without need to mental gymnastics or apologetics, we can simply use commonsense and read comprehension to figure out how they thought the Earth and the Universe was created. It's just unfortunate for them that they were wrong.. However, I cannot blame them for being wrong giving that to an observer in those time periods, and the limits of their tools of observation or access to data, it would agreeably seem as so. Hence I probably myself would have believed it so if I were not born here in the 21st century. This doesn't mean there wasn't intelligence involved in the Big Bang, it just means it most surely didn't happen this way.

0 Replies