Working with God's personal plan for you

scarin

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 03:46 am
How do you work with God's plan when it is almost 100% the things you have been praying NOT to happen?

Details. After a period of fasting, prayer, and seeking God will through his word. I received an answer which was shown through multiple verses. I received multiple verses relating to John the Baptist, verses in jeremiah about rams ciming out to lead the flock, and the word evangelist almost seemed to jump off of the page every time I saw it. I don't have an issue with the preaching part. It was when I paryed about how this fit in with the things I want out of life that the answer has really knocked my faith almost off a cliff. I have wanted, and prayed for almost 30 years now, to settle down and have a single house somewhere without moving out of it again. I have also prayed for a stable income(my current one varies), even if it is a bit lower than what I have now. In addition I have prayed not to have atravelling type life(related to settling down). God's answer about all of that was a VERY firm no on the house, and confirmation of a travelling preacher type role(with attendant variable income). It feels like a BIG slap in the face, as God made his plan with EVERYTHING I don't want out of life. How do you work with that?

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 04:47 am
@scarin,
How's about coming to the conclusion that it is all delusional bullshite and just get on with normal everyday life as best you can, like the rest of us.
FBM

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 05:06 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

How's about coming to the conclusion that it is all delusional bullshite and just get on with normal everyday life as best you can, like the rest of us.

What he said. And: http://skepdic.com/apophenia.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 06:09 am
http://www.yourtrueheartsdesire.com/ythd_NEW10/galilleo.jpg

fresco

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 09:55 am
@scarin,
Quote:
It feels like a BIG slap in the face, as God made his plan with EVERYTHING I don't want out of life. How do you work with that?

Slap him back!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 10:02 am
@scarin,
I told God to buzz off and mind his own business. I took responsibility for my own life without depending on a deity to solve my problems for me.

Since then , life has been much better.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 10:14 am
For some reason, I'm reminded of a poster from long ago that was seriously asking if he would be able to keep all his downloads, music and videos when in heaven.

Yes. In for all eternity, and anywhere you travel in the multiverse, you will have access to your facebook account, and be able to listen to salt n' peppa whenever you want.

Those people that died before cell phones were invented are so unlucky.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 10:34 am
@Setanta,
That song is great!

Let not the sands of time get in your lunch. I think I'll use that as a daily greeting from now on.

Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 04:15 am
@Lordyaswas,
There was a poem written in 1927, Desiderata, which became very popular with the hippies. The song i posted, Deteriorata, was a satire on that poem, which quickly beame insufferable, appearing all over the place because it was so loved by the "Kumbaya" crowd.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 04:17 am
@chai2,
Will I even get to keep my pirated downloads? Cuz they're the best ones...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 12:16 pm
@scarin,
scarin wrote:
. After a period of fasting, prayer, and seeking God will through his word. I received an answer . . .
Just exactly how did you receive this answer?
0 Replies