Psycho Dad destroys video games

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 06:27 pm
On a lighter note, Amazon has just Purchased Twitch, a developement most fortuitous for the dedicated gamer. Who needs hard games anyway?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:18 pm
@chai2,
That was a pretty heartbreaking post, Chai.

I'm sorry that things were that way in your family. I remember so many of my friends experiencing similar things. Things like this always make me appreciate my parents more, they were always so kind to us.

I think this was most likely staged too, but it still pains me to see parents humiliate their children.

Thanks for your post. I'm sure I'll carry that story around with me for a while.
chai2

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 08:03 am
@boomerang,
When someone thinks or says "I'm doing this for their own good", they're probably mostly trying to convince themselves that tormenting or taking something enjoyable away from someone else is ok.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 09:38 am
I, too, grew up in an extremely psychologically abusive setting, which began after the death of my grandfather. Perhaps having had him in the early years was a saving grace. I'm not going to retail that experience here. I do want to praise and thank Chai for her candor. There's just a little too much of the "good for Dad" attitude being peddled in this thread for my taste.
chai2

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:55 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, and don't think the results of dads actions is limited to the person he's directing his bullying at. It fucks up everyone. You wonder when it's going to be turned on you.
IRFRANK

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 09:03 am
@boomerang,
The father. The son is a child.

While I agree this is probably staged, the father may be acting out of desperation, he probably is responsible for things reaching this point. I'd saw his golf clubs in half because he didn't find the time to fix the broken railing on the deck.

Just another example of us treating each other badly. It hurts when its family.

It also sucks when this turns into entertainment. If this is staged, does it seem weird that someone would think of this abuse as a way to get exposure on youtube?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:26 pm
@Setanta,
And we trip over the hurdle..

Sorry, I haven't looked at the video, couldn't resist adding hurdle to the mix. Knowing nada, my first take from reading the thread posts is sort of for dad, but then I'm a person who has some addictive behavior with online news and a2k, so who am I to not see the son's side too (if I ever will see the video, as I don't like to waste my chance possibilities of seeing youtube).
ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:33 pm
@ossobuco,
I just read the rest of the posts, think Chai's candor and the description of the family dynamic likely fit with many lives.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 06:15 pm
@chai2,
When i worked in a family shelter in the late 1980s, i got a call one evening from a man associated with one family we had in one of our apartments. After i picked him up to drive him to hospital, he volunteered the information that "the little bastard was laughing at me, and i aimed a kick at him, but he dodged and i hit the door frame. I think i broke my toe." I thought about the haunted looks that the children in that "family" usually had, so when we got to the hospital, i left him with the clerk to fill out his paper work, and went over to the nurses' station and had a little chat with the charge nurse. I advised her to get a doctor in the treatment room and then ask the man to specifically describe how he got his injury. The idiot told exactly the same story there. The doctor left the room and called the police, who arrived with a member of CFS. On the testimony of the doctor, he was arrested. (I knew that we needed a doctor to witness his "confession.") As he was being taken out to the police cruiser, he loudly protested that he hadn't done anything wrong.

I can't say that the family was better off. The Mom probably went out and found another jerk of the same type. But, at least for a while, those kids did not have to live in terror.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:48:26