Need help with Tumblr question. BF says pics reblogged...

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:50 am
Hi there! I know nothing about Tumblr. Found out my bf has a blog of women undressed. When we talked about it he said he is hardly on it and that when other people reblog his photos that come back up on his blog. Duplicating them essentially. That he hasn't been adding new photos. I know there is a submit thing, but he didn't mention that. He clearly said people were reblogging. I think he got caught and is trying to make it not look so bad. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? How it works? Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,872 • Replies: 5

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:53 am
@Questions21702,
If he is putting the images up on Tumblr, anyone else on Tumblr can reblog them (essentially putting them onto a separate page, e. g. their own Tumblr blogs). But they have to get them from him or whoever put them up first.

Even using HootSuite or a WordPress plugin to add to Tumblr, the posts have to be created and sent somehow. They don't just magically appear out of thin air.
Questions21702

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 01:05 pm
@jespah,
He's saying that the recent photos on the blog are actually old photos he posted. That when someone "reblogs" the photo it is showing up again on his blog. He is saying he isn't posting new photos. The people that reblog them are what is causing them to post to his blog. Creating duplicates of these photos on his blog. I think he is full of it and he has been posting the photos every day. I thought when someone reblogged it went to their blog...and not reporting it also on his blog. Does this make sense, how I'm explaining it?
0 Replies

Questions21702

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 01:08 pm
@jespah,
I meant "reposting" not reporting. Lol. When someone reblogs something it doesn't post again to the original blog it came from, right?
jespah

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 01:23 pm
@Questions21702,
I just tested this (I have 3 Tumblr accounts).

1. Post A from Account #1 reposted to Account #2.
  2. Post A now shows up in Account #2 as the most recent post.
  3. Post A is not duplicated in Account #1.
  4. Post K (e. g. I scrolled down quite a bit to find an older post) in Account #2 reposted to Account #1.
  5. Post K now shows up as the most recent post in Account #1.
  6. Post K shows up where it was in Account #2 and has not become the most recent post in Account #2.

Conclusion: You're right; he's reblogging/reposting his own stuff. The act of reblogging does not change the position of the post in the donor account. It only adds it to the recipient account.
Questions21702

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:28 pm
@jespah,
Thank you! I figured that. I appreciate your help tons.
0 Replies