The Emmy's or have I lost touch

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2013 03:29 pm
So the emmy's was on last night. I saw very little of it (as per usual) but I find I must look the next day to see who won. Guess what - I don't think I saw one show (maybe just in passing or maybe part of a show) that won any award.

Am I that out of touch? Have any of you watch or at least some what regularly watch any of these shows?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 715 • Replies: 3
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2013 04:17 pm
@Linkat,
breaking bad is , IMHO, the best show since the Sopranos. It too, is a "journal" os a vry twisted individual whose trying to make it for his family.
As the series progressed, Heisemberg revealed his nascent evil, yet it all started as a man who , as he saw his life being taken from him, wanted to make a sizeable "nest egg" for his widow, and his plan was to use his skills as a trained chemist, to manufacture a highly marketeable yet illegal substance, crystal meth.
Laughs ensue

Colbert report is a strained way to produce laughs by parading this douche bag fake conservative as a right wing talking head. He doesn't do it convincingly and everyone is in on the joke. It got tired after season 1

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 07:47 pm
@Linkat,
Clearly, "Breaking Bad" deserved the award for best drama. How it was passed by in years past is beyond me.

The Colbert Report a "variety" series? Really?

Jeff Daniels winning best dramatic actor for "The Newsroom"? Daniels is a decent actor but this award was based on politics.

I'm sure it's wonderful to win one of these award, but they hardly represent recognition of the best.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 08:32 am
@Linkat,
I think I figured out why I don't know any of these shows - I know I've heard of them and maybe seen a little bit of part of a show, I honestly have no time especially on the week days.

For example, yesterday, even though I worked from home, of course I worked so I wasn't sitting in front of the TV. And then later - I help the kids and review their homework, test them on any upcoming quizes/tests, make dinner, make sure they are ready for practice, (hubby brought them), made sure everything they need for school is ready, showers are taken.... I did have the TV on, but probably watched 15 minutes total as I was doing all this crap in between.

Sometimes on the weekend I can sit and see a movie.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Emmy's or have I lost touch
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:56:51