POWER: Most power for me, less power for you.

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 08:01 am
In my study of the nature of human relations( between friends/coworkers, individual behavior in responds to groups ) using the common currency of power, and not between nations/states. Also ignore in this model things like social status( eg: rich people, v.s poor people, boss, v.s workers).

1. The aggressive acts/deed happen because people are naturally self-interested. Most people, given the chance will seek more power for themselves, and less power for others.

2. Submissive people allow the existence of tyrants/pricks. Put any normal person with a submissive person, the normal person would gradually turn in a aggressive bastard/dick. To prevent the existence of dicks, everyone need to be dicks. In such case, everyone would be at war. One way to eliminate the constant fighting between dicks, and competing interest is everyone sign contracts.

3 "pity", and "empathy" only happen when some one in power hold the bulk of power in the group. When there is no threat to one 's own power.

4. Offensive behavior occur when there is a perceived threat to once 's own security. This can be eliminated by contract: I will not **** you, if you do not **** me.

5. The mechanism to prevent war will always be violated, because people either want more power for themselves( and less power for others), or the inequality within the system, makes it necessary for the weak to become strong, and slaughter those in power.

6. Power is always, constant, and everywhere. People are inherently evil. Inequality creates monopoly of power, and power re-enforce those inequality.

7. People will transgress on the welfare of others. To eliminate this, there need to be greater power that punish transgressions.

I have of the belief that people are animals, and the best state of being is nothing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,687 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 10:24 am
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/10/1/e037d8dd-8c56-4eee-abdc-e2d020c9dbe2.jpg

I can haz ur powers!
JLNobody

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 10:43 am
@TuringEquivalent,
Your last sentence is Schopenhaurean (and Selenius?). The others rest of Hobbs, Nietzsche, and perhaps the great british political anthropologist,F.G.Bailey.
I agree that social reality is essentially political. But Nietzsche argues that all of reality is about power (cf. the Will to Power).
TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 12:18 pm
@Irishk,
You so cute... yes you are...
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 12:25 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Your last sentence is Schopenhaurean (and Selenius?). The others rest of Hobbs, Nietzsche, and perhaps the great british political anthropologist,F.G.Bailey.
I agree that social reality is essentially political. But Nietzsche argues that all of reality is about power (cf. the Will to Power).

Hobbes, yes. But not sure about those other people. I learn a lot from Hobbes, and Machiavelli. Also Robert Greene 's Power. I also read a lot of wars, violence, racist posters, and study them. I also interact with a lot of dicks.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 03:22 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
You seem to being seeing things that many people could care less about but you do have some good observations to share with others who do have a passion for such topics.

Quote:

I have of the belief that people are animals

No need to believe this because this is well understood. Doesn't it explain everything?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 03:26 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
Quote:
I also interact with a lot of dicks.

Are you a hooker? Drunk
JLNobody

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 03:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
You mean things that many peole could NOT care less about?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:07 pm
@JLNobody,
Yes Thanks. I need to learn to write a sentence correctly.
TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

You seem to being seeing things that many people could care less about but you do have some good observations to share with others who do have a passion for such topics.

Quote:

I have of the belief that people are animals

No need to believe this because this is well understood. Doesn't it explain everything?

Knowledge is power, my friend. Knowing what makes people tick, and push where it hurts. So, RL, are you a ******* pest like pussy, or a dick? All joke aside, I do wonder why you respond at all.
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I also interact with a lot of dicks.

Are you a hooker? Drunk

No, but I know what you are thinking now, whore.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:17 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
No I am straight but I am cool if you are gay.
TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

No I am straight but I am cool if you are gay.

Dude, I am not saying you are a bitch. I am saying you are man bear whore-the hairy kind. LOL Don 't be so piss off, and sensitive, man! Peace, whore!

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:24 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
I thought you knew what I was thinking so I would not have to explain myself. Drunk I was joking back with you.
TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:26 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Yes Thanks. I need to learn to write a sentence correctly.

lolly...
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I thought you knew what I was thinking so I would not have to explain myself. Drunk I was joking back with you.

You are too sensitive...again.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:29 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
I thought that we were just joking back and forth I seem to be missing the sensitive part.
TuringEquivalent

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 04:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I thought that we were just joking back and forth I seem to be missing the sensitive part.

Sure got a lot of time. Now, **** off.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 01:43 am
@TuringEquivalent,
Well, it's certainly a jaded view of life. I can't say there is much that I agree with - although I acknowledge that many people conform to numerous of those views...and many don't.

I wouldn't exactly call this a result of 'study' as it ignores numerous aspects of human nature that disagree with it, focusing on what agrees with the perspective. Of course, that depends on how you want to define 'study' :>
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 10:20 am
Power, of course, is not just brute force or coercion. It also involves a broad range of forms of influence and capacities to persuade others to do one's will, even when they initially preferred not to.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » POWER: Most power for me, less power for you.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:07:24