Books that will never be written (Franchise reboot!)

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 09:54 pm
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's Abraham and Me: Tales of Our Forbidden Love;
Kanye West's Tales of a Talentless Hack: How Media Whoring and a Multimillion Dollar PR Machine Suckered Millions of Fans in Buying My Crappy Albums;
And If I Did It: Confessions of a Thread Plagiarist! by Tsarstepan.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,972 • Replies: 15
No top replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2010 10:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
In All Modesty - the contranymical contributions of the A2K coterie hard bound inan antilogy anthology.
Ceili

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 12:32 am
@laughoutlood,
laughoutlood wrote:

contranymical

That is an awesome word.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 05:45 am
@tsarstepan,
some of my favourite sections of The Sandman series are when someone visits the Library of Dream
http://kleinletters.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sandman21clip.jpg

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 11:51 am
@tsarstepan,
So... Absolutely no one recognizes this thread from the forum formerly known as Abuzz?

CPR and Practical First Aid for Dummies by Mary Baker Eddy

djjd62

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 12:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
abuzz was before my time
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:12 pm
@djjd62,
We forgive you DJ.

~

The Great New Mexico Vegan Cookbook by Wiley Coyote
jespah

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 07:24 am
@tsarstepan,
Actually, wait, I do remember this franchise.

Okay, hmm.

Advanced Physics by Sarah Palin, with a forward by Dan Quayle
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 11:48 am
@jespah,
Ethics in Our Everyday Lives by Bernie Madoff, with an introduction by Jack Abramoff.

If We Did It: Confessions of the History's Greatest Con Game by Ben Bernamke and the Collective Executives of Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, et al.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 12:56 pm
Romantic Sweden by Julian Assange
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 04:38 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Advanced Physics by Sarah Palin, with a forward by Dan Quayle

Did you mean that "foreword" spelling as a dig against Quayle's potato spelling gaffe? It is impossible that you wouldn't know that "forward" can't mean prefatory comments, so if that's your own typo I wonder what kind of urgency moved you to post what you thought might be a joke at Palin's expense.
jespah

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 04:48 am
@High Seas,
Just a typo - serendipitous dig at Quayle's spelling gaffe.

And is Palin a physicist? Hell, the book could be by Clinton. Or me, if you prefer. I'm no physicist, either.
High Seas

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 04:57 am
@jespah,
She has a degree in communications; presumably some knowledge of physics is required to obtain one, but I can't make any representations on that.

I'm just appalled at the massive propaganda effort - not meaning you, I understand you just made a typo - mounted to discredit her. It reminds me of the "B-actor", "semi-literate" etc digs against Ronald Reagan. Personally if I saw 2 books by this title, one authored by Palin, one by Obama, I would buy hers.
jespah

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 05:19 am
@High Seas,
I hardly think a degree in Communications would mean anyone had taken Physics. It's generally not a specific science requirement (although anyone could take it of course. At least at BU, you had to take science classes if it wasn't the area for your major, but they could be in anything, e. g. Geology, etc.), whereas Freshman Comp or its equivalent is required pretty much anywhere for a degree.

We do, as a society, tend to pile onto politicians for gaffes that people make all the time and generally are harmless. It's not necessarily fair or correct.
High Seas

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 05:49 am
@jespah,
You're probably right on all those points. You never came to a party at the school across the river from you, did you? If you had, you would know the thinking is reflected in the standard school drinking song and general cheer - after all those years I still remember the opening stanza by heart:
Quote:
E to the X du dx, E to the X dx!
Cosine! Secant! Tangent! Sine!
3 point 1 4 1 5 9!

Have a good day Smile
jespah

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 07:10 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

You're probably right on all those points. You never came to a party at the school across the river from you, did you? ...

Ha, went to lots of 'em. I'm an old sorority gal. Don't recall the song, though, but I graduated 27 years ago.

Good day to you as well.
0 Replies