I need help with wifi

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 05:16 pm
I live in apartments that have Wifi.I have a Asus windows 7 laptop.I am trying to connect to the wifi but in the list of connections there are none. i think my laptop is not picking it up! I know forsure that i have wifi i just dont know what is wrong please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,309 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 05:19 pm
@farkhaed1,
farkhaed1 wrote:

I live in apartments that have Wifi.I have a Asus windows 7 laptop.I am trying to connect to the wifi but in the list of connections there are none. i think my laptop is not picking it up! I know forsure that i have wifi i just dont know what is wrong please help!

Be careful with WiFi.

It could be killing you!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1334291/Is-Wi-Fi-frying-brains-Fears-cloud-electrosmog-harm-humans.html?ITO=1490
Ceili

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 05:35 pm
Most laptops have a button or toggle that turns on the wifi connection, yours is probably off.
roger

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 05:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Bet the author of that piece shows up late at night on a2k, promoting a Faraday cage for the junk. And maybe a tinfoil hat just cover everything.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 05:48 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Bet the author of that piece shows up late at night on a2k, promoting a Faraday cage for the junk. And maybe a tinfoil hat just cover everything.

Mark my words, before too long we will see legal action being taken against Wi-Fi providers and laptop manufacturers for the brain frying damages of poor folks like you and me.

If we start manufacturing Faraday cages and tinfoil hates now, we could get in on the ground floor lucrative of cottage industry of tomorrow.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 06:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Gabby Hayes invented wifi.
BillRM

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 06:11 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
Most laptops have a button or toggle that turns on the wifi connection, yours is probably off.

LOL my wife was using a USB G3 internet connection on her laptop and I set out to turn her computer into a wifi router using her laptop wifi card so I could share her internet connection on my netbook.

Could not get the setup to work and I kept telling her that I must be overlooking something simple and it was the damn power switch for her wifi card!

Afterward everything work great and I could post here using my netbook from my wife Las Vegas condo.

Talk about feeling happy and stupid at the same time.
Ragman

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 06:15 pm
@BillRM,
That about sums it up! Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 10:36 pm
@dyslexia,
Did he now? I thought it was the spitoon.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 11:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
multi-purpose, Gabby did the spittoon while Al Gore did wifi and Norman Rockwell invented patriotism.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 11:22 pm
@dyslexia,
Rockwell invented patriotism?

I thought it was Thomas Nast.
0 Replies