Jon Stewart - Rod Blagojevich

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 11:34 am
Jon Stewart interviewed Rod Blagojevich for the second time last night on The Daily Show. I was surprised that Blago was able to bob and weave his way through the interview. Was Stewart effective or did he let Blago off?

Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 666 • Replies: 6

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 04:37 pm
After laughing more than I've laughed in a very long time during the opening segment, I turned it off when Blogo came on. I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. What do you think?
Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 04:40 pm
I watched it. Shocked

(at lunch over where i'm working)

it was hilarious. and he came off ok. but slick...
Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:21 pm
JPB and Rockhead,

I myself was surprised that Blago came out of it fairly well. Jon Stewart can be a very tough interviewer. Stewart actually stammered about as much as Blago did. Once or twice, Stewart had the upper hand briefly, but Blago dodged any serious punches.
Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:36 pm
I was talking with Diane about him today, one of our days of many conversations over a bunch of hours. We got onto people's looks, I forget how, oh, maybe it was about my people watching while waiting for her after my own quick grocery shopping while sitting on a for-sale chair by the store entry area (lottery, books for sale, baked goods, "garden" area). I was off on how few blacks are here in Abq, and allied matters. Anyway, I segued to that I like that people look different even within the same old groups and I just about never dislike someone re their looks, including politicians or anyone else I disagree with entirely.

But then I remembered Blagojovic. I can hardly bear to see an online photo in news about him. I can't stand him, and it goes beyond behavior, the hair, the hair.

This makes me feel about ten years old, except that that is mean to ten year olds. I haven't had such a visceral wish to pie slap for decades.

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:12 pm
Stewart did give him the hair points...

something about the best head of hair in politics.
Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 07:21 pm
I remember Blagojevich's first Daily Show interview.

Jon Stewart was a tad more critical and skeptical now then back then.