Internet Explorer 8?

Pitter

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:28 pm
A window pops up when I turn on my computer asking if I want to install Internet Explorer 8. Should I? Any downside? Upside?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 20,019 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:37 pm
@Pitter,
Well, I can bump it up, anyway.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:43 pm
@Pitter,
Are you questioning the authenticity of the popup? Or the actual decision to upgrade to IE8?

Personally, I don't know anyone who uses Internet Explorer 8. Although I upgraded to IE8, I still use Google Chrome primarily.

So what browser do you currently use?

According to this CNet review, IE8 gets 5 out of 5 stars.
http://download.cnet.com/Internet-Explorer/3000-2356_4-10013275.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:45 pm
They're installing IE8 on our systems at work this weekend. I'm hoping that 5 star rating is reliable.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 03:58 pm
@Pitter,
The answers to these questions will determine the advice given to you:

What type of operating system is on your computer?

Are you currently using a version of Internet Explorer?

If it is a Windows operating system, have you recently done a Microsoft/Windows Update to ensure you have the latest file updates for your computer?

If it is a Windows operating system, what are your settings for the Microsoft/Windows update? Do you have it set to check for, download and install updates automatically or do you have it set to check for and download updates but get your permission before installing them?

Do you have anti-virus software installed and updated on your computer? Have you done a full scan of your computer system in the last few days? Was anything detected for you to decide about an action to take?

Do you have an anti-malware/spyware software installed and updated on your computer? Have you done a full scan of your computer system in the last few days? Was anything detected for you to decide about an action to take?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 04:25 pm
In my opinion, IE 8 is everything that older versions were not. I have not had one bit of trouble with it. In fact, it corrected some problems I was having with ie 7. I have used it since it first became available and am very happy with it.

I would not load anything from a popup. I would go directly to the Microsoft site and download from there.
0 Replies

Pitter

Fri 9 Jul, 2010 05:15 pm
Thank you everyone. I´m reluctant to try new things ever since yahoo switched me to their "improved" mail (I switched back). I guess I´ll plod along and put the decision off a little longer.
0 Replies

sumi11

Tue 10 Jan, 2012 01:28 am
install ABP blocker
0 Replies

tofayelbd

Wed 18 Jan, 2012 02:40 am
@Pitter,
i think mozila is the best and fastest web browser. you can use it
0 Replies

jerico

Wed 13 Mar, 2013 10:31 am
Had similar VERY FRUSTRATING problem, and my friend solved on this way: installed google chrome -> https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
Premm

Tue 25 Jun, 2013 05:47 am
@jerico,
Haha, I liked your solution. I also prefer Google chrome than IE. Simple and easy to use = Google Chrome.
0 Replies

evelyngilbert

Tue 25 Jun, 2013 11:30 pm
@Pitter,
I will suggest you to install Mozilla instead of IE 8. Mozilla is the fastest browser ever.
0 Replies