The Dark Tower: Wizard and Glass

Joe

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 07:26 am
Holy crap
This is definitely the best book in the series Ive read so far. The first one, The Gunslinger, was good too but this part of the story is great for understanding a part of Roland(Main Character).

If anyone is a Stephen King fan and has not heard of the Dark Tower series, I suggest you read the first one. You'll be hooked.

You can find all seven ebooks at The Burgomeister's Books: Truly free ebook download library (#1)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,773 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Khethil

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 08:20 am
@Joe,
Yea, good series.

I got into it some time ago and dropped somewhere along the third or so book (don't remember which). I found it a delight series; full of King's typical mix of personality-icons, the supernatural and dramatic climaxes.

Good stuff.
Mykael Deschain

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 05:21 pm
@Khethil,
Yes the wizard and the glass is great!

Its a nice side track from the initial story. Its always been hard for me to really get into any kind of a romance story... though kings take was good! It provides lots of back story that helps explain why Roland is the way he is. Easily one of the best out of the books, though the next one; the Wolves of the calla, is an excellent rival. The entire story of wolves of the calla was inspired by an old western "the magnificent seven" and sets the stage for the last two books pretty well...

Defiantly keep reading on its worth completing.
0 Replies

Pangloss

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 05:34 pm
@Joe,
I take it the inspiration comes from Robert Browning's "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came"?

Childe Roland To The Dark Tower Came - Robert Browning (1812-1883)
Mykael Deschain

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 05:35 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss wrote:
I take it the inspiration comes from Robert Browning's "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came"?

Childe Roland To The Dark Tower Came - Robert Browning (1812-1883)

Yup you got it...

There was also inspiration from "The wastelands"...T.S. Eliot i think
0 Replies