Firefox google links redirected

panzade

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 03:17 am
@panzade,
oops-breaking news, there was no cure...it's back

It's called My Computer Online Virus Scan.It takes over my browser so I have to shut Mozilla down. Anybody seen this?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 04:43 pm
Help!
JPB

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:21 am
@panzade,
I love these guys!

http://www.geekpolice.net/
panzade

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 12:25 pm
@JPB,
I'm gonna try these guys...these search redirects are driving me crazy.
Tegustamucho

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:09 pm
@panzade,
Yes, i had the same problem and what i found was a process error in /windows32 files, or so i think thats what it was called. i broke down the coding of the Mal-ware that i found next. and it seems to act like "gh0stRat" which is a nasty Trojan, only this is a very, lets say weak program as opposed to gh0stRat but it still tries to break your computer down by redirecting your browser to pick of worse crap that no one wants. I also tracked the program back to russia(imagine that). soooo what i suggest is a scan with AVG. That was how i originally found the Mal-ware. Also i happen to know the developers and can assure you it works for someone who has such taste in web surfing as i do. I got my copy of it through a torrent site(screw copyrights) but if you wanna go legal you can buy it.
panzade

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:28 pm
@Tegustamucho,
what's AVG?
dadpad

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 12:52 am
@panzade,
AVG is a good quality free antivirus. I used it for years until it began to drag my system down and I know people who still use it and are very happy.
http://free.avg.com/au-en/homepage

I now use Avira antivirus. It seems "lighter on my system
http://www.avira.com/en/pages/index.php
panzade

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 09:49 am
@dadpad,
tanks DP
0 Replies

Tegustamucho

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 04:50 pm
@dadpad,
Might i ask what system you're running dadpad? and i like Avaria as well Smile
dadpad

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 05:32 pm
@Tegustamucho,
I'm running windows 7 now.
7 is slighty annoying because peripherals such as mobile phones and sat navs have not yet caught up. win 7 does not recognise them. In one case (motorola phone) I was able to download a specific driver newly minted for win 7 but i'm stll waiting for the others.
I bought the 2009 NAVMAN map update disc and cant get it to update my unit. There are notes on the navman site (au) to the effect that navman are working on a solution.

I had XP when i first installed Avira and it worked well. Then there were problems with auto updates and i had to update manually which was a pain. Avira seemed to have that problem sorted out and I have no problems with win 7/AVIRA in that regard.

The problems i had with AVG being a resource hog on my system were probably due to not having enough RAM rather than anything to do with AVG as firefox was slow then as well.
I
Tegustamucho

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 08:05 am
@dadpad,
Sorry to have got back so late. I havnt yet accuired a copy of win 7 to explore it yet. But i can understand your problem with AVG and i do know that they have been worming on how to make it use less RAM. Well i wish you luck with win 7
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:14 am
Well....the **** finally hit the fan. After months of agony with my browser, my puter locked up one morning.
I took it to a reputable repair place, paid my $45 bench charge and within a half hour they called with the bad news...

Blah blah....loaded with viruses...blah blah...gonna take 3 hours @ $65 an hour Shocked

(They want me to pay $200 to fix a 5 year old computer?)

So I brought it home and called a friend who told me to download Microsoft Security Essentials.
Presto! it found the Alureon Trojan causing the browser hassle and my mouse to to be paralyzed.

Never thought I'd say this but, thanks Microsoft.
The Security Essentials is a great free anti virus program.
I've heard that ever since TrendMicro bought HijackThis it is not as effective.
Anybody?
0 Replies