Exporting Favorites from Chrome - is it Possible?

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:56 pm
I would like to export favorites both to Internet Explorer and to Portable Chrome but I only find the option to import from Internet explorer.My main purpose is to import favorites from my Chrome installed on my desktop
to my portableChrome(chromium)in my pendrive but I dont see any wizard
like I've seen on Internet explorer to do this(export to another browser option ).
nor even can create a file type "bookmark.html"from none of the 2 Chromes
for the possibility of importing to Internet Explorer as an alternative.
Thanks in advance.
[email protected]
regards
AFRICANBUSKER
Portugal ,14th september 2008
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 10,850 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 11:01 pm
@Africanbusker,
There is no way to do that within Chrome yet. But I've heard that you can do it using an extension of Firefox that can read the database that Chrome stores its bookmarks in.

- Download SQLite Manager Mozilla Firefox Plugin
- Run SQLite Manager from within Firefox (Tools > SQLite Manager)
- Click on Database, and then Connect Database
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\History
Windows Vista: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\History
- Click View > Create View, name it bookmarks and enter SELECT * FROM urls WHERE starred_id >= 1 then click OK.
- Click View > Export View and click OK, use the next dialog to save the file to wherever you would like.
0 Replies

moebugge

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 06:14 am
That sucks! what if one wants to make sure that they do not disappear in the event the hard disk crashes. Who wants to be in that position. ?
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 01:01 pm
@moebugge,
I agree that they should have an option to export them, but you can also use online bookmarking services like delicious.com to prevent loss of the bookmarks.

I want my bookmarks available from anywhere, and reliably backed up so I don't ever use my local browser bookmarks and save them all online on such services.
0 Replies