because I suffer from paraskavedekatriaphobia Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 573 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 04:08 am
Being afraid of Friday the 13th is nothing to be ashamed of. (Silly, but not shameful.)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 04:13 am
My birthdays on a 13th, had some on a friday but Icant attribute any bad luck to the day.

Lovejoy-What bad things have happened to you today?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 04:48 am
I am the kind of person who loves black cats, and will purposely walk under ladders. Friday the 13th holds no terror for me.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 05:26 am
Re: I hate today
lovejoy wrote:
Is that really the name for it, if so how or who came up with that. I can't even pronounce it.
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 05:28 am
http://clusty.com/search?tb=firefox-1.2.13&locale=en-US&query=paraskavedekatriaphobia
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 05:33 am
I didn't even realize it til you mentioned it! No big deal.
You know what would be worse? Monday the 13th.

Be glad it's Friday!!
Very Happy
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 05:37 am
That is amazing that someone came up with a word like that. I saw this word friggatriskaidekaphobia also Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 05:40 am
Re: I hate today
lovejoy wrote:

I wasn't making fun of the fact that someone suffers from it lovejoy.
Flying in an airplane is my greatest fear so I know how it feels to have
a phobia.

Edit: The laughing emoticon was due to the word, not the fear
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 10:48 am
I couldn't give a monkeys what day it is I was just showing off because I know a big word Very Happy
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 11:19 am
Trust me I won't even remember that word because I can't pronounce it
and I am glad you don't suffer from it. I can't imagine what it would be
like to be scared of Friday the 13th.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 01:56 pm
lovejoy wrote:
I couldn't give a monkeys what day it is I was just showing off because I know a big word Very Happy

And I was just showing off by demonstrating I knew what it meant without needing to look it up. There's another one, triskaidekaphobia, which just means fear if the number 13, no Fridays involved. But my all-time favorite word is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. (I can pronounce it, too, believe it or not!) Look that up in your Funk & Wagnall's.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 01:58 pm
happycat wrote:
I didn't even realize it til you mentioned it! No big deal.
You know what would be worse? Monday the 13th.

Be glad it's Friday!!
Very Happy

HA! Yup.

Friday the 13th is just another day.

I feel no different today than I did yesterday.

Wait...maybe that means something. I am STILL pregnant. It's a conspiracy. An evil day.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 01:59 pm
And here I thought that triskadeskaphobia (sp) was the name...I had no idea there was a specialized version of this phobia...
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 09:25 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
lovejoy wrote:

And I was just showing off by demonstrating I knew what it meant without needing to look it up. There's another one, triskaidekaphobia, which just means fear if the number 13, no Fridays involved. But my all-time favorite word is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. (I can pronounce it, too, believe it or not!) Look that up in your Funk & Wagnall's.

You will think I'm kidding you Merry Andrew but I'm not, my father died of pneumoconiosis which is a similar disease to your word. He was a coal miner.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 11:10 pm
lovejoy wrote:

You will think I'm kidding you Merry Andrew but I'm not, my father died of pneumoconiosis which is a similar disease to your word. He was a coal miner.

It's also called Black Lung - my grandfather had it too. He also was a coal miner.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 05:59 am
I'm very sorry to hear that, lovejoy and happycat. I meant, of course, that I love the word because it has 45 letters, not the disease that the word represents, however. (Would you believe I typed that from memory without looking up the spelling? Hope I got it right.)
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 06:49 am
supercalifragalisticexpialidociusphobia - the fear of Julie Andrews movies.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I hate today
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:47:08