Would you like to know about my VietNam& my language?

soitw

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 03:39 am
Hi all! ("Xin chào"_ how we say "hello" in Vietnamese)
I want to introduce you my country_ VietNam and my mother tongue_ Vietnamese.
You can ask me anything about my language or my country, I'll try my best to answer your questions. Arrow
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,661 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:17 pm
Xin chào Smile What do people eat for breakfast in Vietnam?
0 Replies

cello

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 05:09 pm
Welcome to the forum, soitw.

Amigo, I have written something on Vietnamese breakfast in the topic "Traditional Asian Dishes" a while ago. You may want to take a look if you are interested.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 05:32 pm
Which portion of Vietnam are you living in? Besides agriculture, what vocations are popular in Vietnam?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 08:18 pm
Bok choy. Sorry its the only vietnamese words I know.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 04:03 am
Xin chào, soitw, & welcome to A2K!
It's a pleasure to meet you! Very Happy
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 05:35 am
it's sth like the chinese Pinyin...
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 02:46 pm
Re: Would you like to know about my VietNam& my language
soitw wrote:
You can ask me anything about my language or my country, I'll try my best to answer your questions. Arrow

Hello-I just started a thread on help with Vietnamese slang-can you please help me out?
0 Replies

soitw

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 11:31 pm
First, I want to say "thank you" (in Vietnamese, we say "cảm ơn") to all of you to welcome me Smile. Secondly, I want to say "sorry" (it's "xin lỗi" in my mother tongue) because I made you to wait that long for the answer :-s.

To Amigo: Although cello wrote something about Vietnamese breakfast, I want to say a few more in my opinion. We have a lot of things for breakfast such as Cơm tấm (Boiled Rice- broken rice), Phở, Hủ tiếu, Mì,... (they are different kinds but when translate into English, they are general called "noddles") and many things more.
To edgarblythe: I live in Ho chi Minh city, in the south of Vietnam- the largest city in Vietnam although it's not the capital. The capital is Ha Noi- in the north.
Vietnam is on the way to become an industrial country.
To dadpad: I'm sorry that I don't know that word, that's not a Vietnamese word.
To raymond chan: Vietnamese alphabet is also Latin, it was invented by a French man (maybe this strange you).
Smile
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 11:44 pm
Hello soitw! My good friend and colleague is going to Ho Chi Minh City next Monday. She's so excited. She lives in Phnom Penh now, where we have some projects.

I visited Cambodia, but not Vietnam (yet!). I love Vietnamese coffee, and the ginger tofu pudding that is sold on street corners in Phnom Penh by Vietnamese guys in the morning. Only they can make it so well. Next time I will go to Cambodia I will make sure to visit your country as well. Hopefully soon.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:39 am
Xin chào... and welcome to A2k!
0 Replies

soitw

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:22 pm
To dagmaraka: I hope your friend will enjoy her trip to my city, we always welcome all of you.
Ginger tofu pudding is also one of my favorites. I hope to meet you in my city in the near future, so I can show you many more about Vietnamese food.

Xin chào OCCOM BILL, thanks for your welcome. Smile
0 Replies

cello

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 06:27 pm
This is a picture of bok choy.

http://www.wegmans.com/kitchen/ingredients/produce/vegetables/images/bok_choy.jpg

I think it is a Chinese vegetable used in Chinese food only.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 01:43 pm
Re: Would you like to know about my VietNam& my language
soitw wrote:

Hello siotw-how are you?

Did you get the PM I sent you?

Do you have an e-mail address I can send my questions to? Please let me know. Very Happy
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 11:13 am
Reply to soitw
Hello soitw-how are you? Are you there?
0 Replies

gingko

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 06:06 am
in Viet Nam, we have the art of writing, just like Chinese, but furthermore with the Latin alphabet
log on here if you want to translate some common language to Vietnamese http://vdict.com/
Have fun
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 06:24 am
I read That the government in Vietnam keeps putting up school fees. in many western countries education is considered a right and is provided free.

The Vietnames people have suffered much at the hands of the Chinese, French, Japanese, and of course during the American war and still the people of vietnam suffer from the after affects of agent orange. I hope the people of Vietnam can recoup some of the losses through tourism.

Westerners would do well to remember Vietnam as a beautiful country not a war.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 01:40 am
Reply to soitw
Hi soitw-how are you?

Can you please help me out with English to Vietnamese translations?
0 Replies