Is Thailand dangerous!?

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 10:35 am
I've been there for abt 3 times.
But it's pretty dangerous there my mom said when she got back from thailand last month.
There're many pick-pocket around there more than before,and the policemen are more than before,probably,bcoz of the atmosphere of terror is pretty scared...

r there anyone here can tell me what happened to Thailand?
coz i wanna go to thailand for trip again!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,359 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 08:54 am
I feel safer walking around the streets of Bangkok at midnight than I ever would in Sydney. When I went to a large festival for the Kings birthday in December 2005, a policeman told me to move my small back pack around to the front to protect against pick pockets. Other places I've gone (and there's been a lot) there's been signs warning people to be on the lookout for pick pockets. I've been there since the coup (for 4 weeks in February) and nothing seemed any different than any other time (I've been to Thailand 6 times). The only qualifier I would give is that I get very good advice, because my wife is Thai.
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 06:26 am
Surprised
Yo! Wilso,thx for your reply.
It would be safer,i think,bcoz your wife is Thai.
BTW,r there any terriots would give a attack to the Bangkok city?
I'm worrying abt that there would be a bomb-man around me when i get there...and...boom~~~.......-__-||
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 07:13 am
There is terrorism in Thailand, but most of it is restricted to the deep south. I think there has been an attack in Bangkok, but I'm not big on the details. It was several months ago. Have you been up north? Chiang Mai is great, there's heaps to do, and probably less danger than Bangkok if that's what you're worried about?

One thing I'd advise. The new airport is open now (in Bangkok), and it takes longer to get through than the old one. Whenever you're flying out of the new one, give yourself an extra 30 minutes to an hour.
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 02:22 am
wow~i've got it ,Wilso!
THX alot!!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 06:11 am
If you make the trip, report back. Let me know what it was like, and what you saw/did. Cheers
0 Replies

tabbysowner

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 02:55 am
2 wives
Hey Raymond if by chance you read this post , I was just wondering why you would want to know if you can have 2 wives just any where? I know that if the right people are working together for a common goal than why not?? Just wondering.
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 05:25 am
Re: 2 wives
tabbysowner wrote:
Hey Raymond if by chance you read this post , I was just wondering why you would want to know if you can have 2 wives just any where? I know that if the right people are working together for a common goal than why not?? Just wondering.

I am also wondering why it is allowed to have 2 wives in some countries,like in Thailand!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:23 am
My wife is Thai, and she's just confirmed for me that bigamy is as illegal in Thailand as in most western countries. Plenty of guys have mistresses, but as far as a legal marriage, a man can only have one wife.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 10:41 am
I was in Phuket for three weeks in July and the only problem I had was with a Thai tuk-tuk driver taking liberties with me but that was due to my own stupidly for accepting a free ride.

The women are even worse than the men as far as touching goes but I didn't mind that at all.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 07:27 pm
Don't you mean take-take? Laughing
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:49 pm
As in taking liberties? I need to finsh my tuk-tuk story.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:55 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
As in taking liberties? I need to finsh my tuk-tuk story.

I wish you would.
0 Replies