How do they do this?

NickFun

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 12:46 pm
Every woman I know takes at least an hour to change her clothes. How does she do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB-wUgnyGv0&mode=related&search=
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 634 • Replies: 13
No top replies

TTH

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 01:33 pm
That was good. I liked his reply when asked how they did it Laughing
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 02:58 pm
The first 3 costumes are worn in layers which can be ripped off.

The 4th one she rips it down, pulls the green one up. 2 motions, but she just does it damn fast.

The 5th one (purple) is contained within the big purple thingy. It is hanging in the front. The man attaches it to her back as he puts it over her; the front part of it is rigged with a cord to snap over her chest and cinch together in the back. It looks like she has skin showing where the green one was previously, but this is fake skin -- she is wearing the green dress underneath still.

The white suit is worn underneath the black suit. He just rips off the black one and pulls the blue thing out of his collar.

Not sure how they do the ones where she is being wrapped up in the pink sheet.

For the glitter one, the sack he throws over her contains the dress; it falls over her head.

The clothes have been modified with cinches, slits, and weights
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 03:12 pm
stuh you aren't that guy on tv that just walks around doing magic tricks are you or have you been practicing cross dressing Laughing
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 03:36 pm
No, I really enjoyed that video...I was watching it with my jaw dropped because I'd never seen anything like it before. So I watched it over many times until I figured out how they were doing them.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 05:40 pm
OK Stuh, how does Criss Angel make himself look sawed in half?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 07:28 pm
yeah stuh, how? huh? how?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 09:37 pm
They sure are good at it though.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 10:06 pm
Maybe Stuh can clue us into THIS one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIwcVAxZsU
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 10:29 pm
Oh yeah Stuh???

why is the sky BLUE?

huh?

answer that one.. smarty.. Cool
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2007 11:51 pm
Quote:
OK Stuh, how does Criss Angel make himself look sawed in half?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC_oeEEWAwY

Around I think 1:44 you can see him pull a cord with his right hand that triggers the 2 halves to swing away. In this other video of the same thing, you can see sparks coming out as the blade hits the metal sheath -- but the sparks continue to be produced for a second or two AFTER the blade stops cutting them: (0:42) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy9garNUAJI

Only one person is close enough to see the legs so this person could be an accomplice and the legs could be fake. Also note that the video from the TOP view is not what was seen by the audience -- so the apparatus could actually look COMPLETELY different from the top and just be a video job that they include afterwards.

For example, his legs could be resting next to a pair of fake legs, then when the board is cut it swings apart (note that legs swing away from audience not toward them) and he holds his real legs stiff. The only "tricky" part is hiding his extra pair of legs sticking out. The background is a black screen so if his legs are shrouded in black and audience is distracted and its difficult to see from that angle, that could be enough.

This trick is difficult to discover simply because the video has been edited so much and keeps changing camera angles. They can remove whatever they don't want us to see.

Quote:
Maybe Stuh can clue us into THIS one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIwcVAxZsU

There are different techniques that would be used for different types of levitation or flying. Notice that the crowd in these videos is quite small, which means it would be easy to pay them off. I know he does large publicly attended large events, but he might not do EXACTLY the same kind of flying at those events. In this video, if you assume that it is not fake and has not been edited, then there aren't many possibilities. Either the cable came from above, or it is going across between the buildings. For obvious reasons, it is highly unlikely that it came from above because a helicopter would have to be extremely high altitude and would sway too much. Therefore it must be a cable going across between the two buildings. In this thread I discuss the diameter and materials that could be used for such a cable:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=97511&highlight=mpa

Quote:
Oh yeah Stuh???

why is the sky BLUE?

huh?

answer that one.. smarty.. Cool

The sun is an almost ideal emitter of blackbody radiation, meaning that distribution of photons emitted is dependent on temperature. Having a 600K surface temperature light emitted from the sun is innately mostly white but with a tinge of yellow. When it comes in contact with the atmosphere it is reflected, refracted, absorbed and diffused by particles in the air. Particles tend to absorb more light at higher frequencies (more blue) and re-emit in all directions in a phenomena known as Raleigh scattering. Since it comes from all directions it overpowers the color of red which is less scattered.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 12:00 am
I am smiling because I read those questions asked of you stu and I thought
.........I bet he can answer those questions. Smile
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 11:39 am
Thanks for the vote of confidence
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2007 11:40 am
stuh505 wrote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence
You are welcome. I still have to check in on your thread (it has been a while)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do they do this?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 11:52:20