To friends of lezzles ....

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 04:59 pm
Tryagain wrote:
Lezzles has posted that she lives overlooking a lake, an hour's drive from Sydney. Could you contact her service provider and explain the situation. They would have a billing address and a phone number. They might give or ring on your behalf.

Thanks for your response, Tryagain, but Dutchy has already contacted her service provider. Her account is apparently still open (that's all they can tell us. Privacy laws) but there's been no response to a number of emails sent to her by some of us here. So you can see why we're worried ....
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 05:21 pm
In that case tell them you have serious concerns about her wellbeing and to inform the police to check on her, or face the consequences.

You could (if you know the area) call the local paper and I am sure they would run a story. She or friends/relatives might read it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 05:44 pm
What do you think about those suggestions, Dutchy?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:31 pm
Tryagain wrote:
Lezzles has posted that she lives overlooking a lake, an hour's drive from Sydney.

Wonder where that is? Any ideas? Perhaps a little drive on Saturday. A lake an hour's drive from here? Blue Mountains?

But then, if she lives around the central coast somewhere, her time may be occupied trying to dry her house out!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 01:51 am
margo, lezzles has been uncontactable well before the rains, storms & flooding in NSW. She was very unwell (& just out of hospital) when she last posted here. I'm pretty positive that she'd make some sort of contact (after all the attempts to contact her) if she could.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 02:14 am
margo wrote:
Tryagain wrote:
Lezzles has posted that she lives overlooking a lake, an hour's drive from Sydney.

Wonder where that is? Any ideas? Perhaps a little drive on Saturday. A lake an hour's drive from here? Blue Mountains?quote].

Absolutely no idea, I'm sorry, margo. Not being a local.

Who (if any) are the locals on A2K? Anyone at all who can help?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:25 am
still nothing huh? Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:32 am
Nope. Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:51 am
I'm thinking about that idea of a classified advertisement in a Canberra newspaper. What do you think?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:54 am
msolga wrote:
I'm thinking about that idea of a classified advertisement in a Canberra newspaper. What do you think?

It's a possibility, but what is the probablility that someone who can be helpful would read the ad? Hey, you could try.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:59 am
Actually, you might be right there, Phoenix. Locals might actually be more likely to read one of the bigger dailies.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 07:06 am
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 07:12 am
The problem with that suggestion, Tryagain, is no one I can think of here actually lives in Canberra. And Oz is a pretty big place. Most of us are a long way from Canberra.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 08:46 am
Am I getting confused again? I would have thought an hour North of Sydney would place her between Woy Woy and Gosford (Newspaper: Central Coast Express Advocate (Wed) www.expressadvocate.com.au Phone: 4323 5000 Fax: 4323 1968). The East side would be; Kincumber or Bensville.

I still think as you know her ISP and they have her details, a simple phone call could settle the matter. Call your elected representative; tell him/her 70,000 people want answers.

With a Population of only: 20,434,176 you must all know each other!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 06:17 am
I'm consulting others, Tryagain.

Her ISP has not divulged any information at all about lezzles, certainly not her phone number. Privacy laws. We've simply been told that she still has an operational account. Our emails to her have not been returned. But whether they've been read or not .... ?
Regarding the phone number: I'll do a white pages search for the areas you've suggested. The only details we have is her name & there are many folk with the same name & initial. That's a big part of the problem.

No, not everyone in Oz knows each other. (Some people don't know their next door neighbours, even! :wink: ) In fact, I've met only one A2K member "in the flesh"!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 08:02 am
G'day Olga. Ok, now we are getting somewhere, she lives in the Newcastle area and was still in hospital early in the New Year.

There are only two hospitals that serve that area:

Belmont Hospital:

Street address
Croudace Bay Road, Belmont NSW 2280

Main contact numbers
Telephone number: (02) 4923 2000

Admissions officer: (02) 4923 2200

John Hunter Hospital:

Street address:
Lookout Road
New Lambton NSW 2305

Telephone: 02 4921 4960

As you have a last name and an approximate stay date, a call to reception/ admissions should bring you one step closer.

The East side of a lake in the Newcastle area.

It will also reduce your search area for the name to phone number.

Ps Her Doctor lives 10 minutes from her home and the ward at the hospital has a PATIENT SUPPORT OPERATIVE (PSO) called John. White beard, aged over 60.

Keep going, nearly there; I have never met a D.B.A. who ever gave up!
I just hope it is good news when you finally make contact. I will expect an invite to an Ozzie reunion.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 05:25 pm
Jeez - tryagain - you must have some time on your hands out there in the donga!

Forget Canberra - that's much more than an hour's drive from Sydney.

You may be right about the Central Coast - but not as far as Newcastle.

South coast - ?Lake Illawarra - where's Wilso when you need him.

To the west - some lakes up in the Blue Mountains. Lake down near Bowral somewhere.

The only place she probably isnt is the east - but then - there's a bloody big lake there. NZ on the other side!

I'll have a chat with Olga. Mind you, as I'm the only A2K member she's met in the flesh - she's pretty scarred already!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 06:08 pm
have no suggestions, but i'll keep the thread alive
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 09:56 pm
Thanks, djjd. (Long time no see! Surprised Very Happy )

OK, Ms margo & I are making a couple of phone calls to different potential lezzles homes this afternoon.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 11:29 pm
Well - all my research has met a dead end! I had some free time, and high speed Internet availability - but still no luck.

Using all the info that Tryagain has dredged up gave us some possible leads, but....

Maybe she doesn't want to be found.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:31:08