A big 'Hello'!

51Days

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 07:22 am
Hello everyone here!

I've just come across this forum by conincidence and was quite surprised about the large variety of topics here and lively discussions, so I didn't hesitate and decided to 'register' by return! Very Happy

Best regards from Germany, hope to join discussions on interesting topics soon! There are a lot of questions I'd like to ask... :wink:

Rainer Petersen
aka
51Days
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,913 • Replies: 22
No top replies

mac11

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 07:23 am
Welcome, 51Days! Have fun exploring. Very Happy[/b][/size]
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 07:26 am
51days- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy I think that you will be pleasantly surprised to know that a number of our more prolific posters come from your area!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 07:30 am
Welcome! :-D
0 Replies

51Days

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 07:58 am
Thanks alot...
Wow, thanks alot for your heartly replies.

At first I really wanted to post a 'reply' with my big 'hello' within the 'New Member' topic, unfortunately I made a mistake Embarrassed and opened a new topic, I clicked on the wrong button. Hope no-one is getting angry about it Sad - sorry, that was a bit stupid... . (Life always means 'learning by doing' or, as we say it in Germany, 'you only learn by having made mistakes')

Nevertheless, thanks for your kindness...

Looking forward to discussing and exploring around here....and improving my somewhat 'rusty' knowledge of the (American/British) English language.

Greetings,
Rainer
aka
51Days
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 08:09 am
Hey 51 days !! Welcome to the forum !!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 08:16 am
Welcome to A2K, 51days!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 08:17 am
Welcome! Looking forward to your posts!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 09:19 am
Willkommen, Rainer!

you'll like it, fer sure!

bigdice67
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 09:24 am
51Days, A BIG WELCOME TO YOU! Look forward to many exchanges. c.i.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 09:49 am
Welcome and ask away about the Americans and the Brits, and our language! We like questions!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 10:20 am
Tag, Rainer!

Good to meet you.
Very Happy
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 05:55 pm
Welcome 51...enjoy!
Glad to have you here, hope to 'see you' around and about.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 04:25 am
Hi Rainer,

Glad you found a2k. You mention American/British English. We recently ran a thread on that in the English forum. (The link is below.) Feel free to stop by that forum and ask all the questions you like. Someone is bound to know or find the answers for you.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9147&highlight=
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 04:28 am
Guten morgen, 51.

Did you know there's an area named after you here in the United States? :wink:
0 Replies

51Days

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 06:20 am
Yeah...
HI
Good day!
Allô!
Hola!
Guten Tag!

@ALL I've received a really overwhelming welcome from all of you. Marvellous!!! Very Happy Thanks

@PDiddie: Do you mean Area 51? So I might get what you meant...ain't I? My nickname 51Days has been chosen due to one of my favourite records.

@Roberta. Thanks for the link. I'm already planning my 'onslaught' :wink: to this topic.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best regards,
Mes salutations très distinguées,
Con cordiales recuerdos

Rainer Petersen
aka
51Days
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 09:08 am
PDid, I think you described our new member very well; we're not going to learn very much from this guy, because everything about him/her is going to be "top secret." LOL c.i.
0 Replies

51Days

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 05:12 pm
Oh No!
Hi,

@CI: You should not think that I'm going to make myself 'Top Secret' within this forum.

I should have used this thread to tell a bit more about me - Sorry!

So - for all those who may be interested in it - here are some personal features about me. Hope I understand you right, C.I., so that I'm not much longer 'Area 51' :wink: to you, but '51Days':

- Born on 28 May 1971 in Germany on a small island called Foehr in the very north (Schleswig-Holstein) of Germany, I first didn't know where the ways of destiny would lead me to.... (oh, how theatrical.... Embarrassed )

- I'm male, age is 32, living with my girlfriend together somewhere between Bremen and Hamburg in a village called Sottrum...happily...with all worries, hopes and delights one could have.....I'm North German by nature...maybe you'll get to know (positively, so I hope), what this means in my forthcoming postings.

- Interested in languages, I decided to become a translator/interpreter in English/German/French about nine years ago...and I succeeded (fortunately). Unfortunately, however, I didn't get a job in my profession, so I had to begin studies in Economics in Bremen, Germany. Up to now I've been making my 24-7 by working as a free-lancing teacher to get my money....while studying....and being a businessman alongside...tried some things...more or less successful! Shocked

- Interested also in: Culture, languages, people and their mentalities, railways, taking photographs, maintaining my old Renault 5 car (soon to be presented on my forthcoming homepage) by myself, and good music (which is a matter of taste and age, I know).

I promise to update my profile soon....I'm always careful while surfing the internet. There's been so lot of misuse since it has been existing...and so I had to wait for reactions. Don't get me wrong...the welcoming here was very overwhelming Very Happy

Well, I don't hope to disappoint anyone of you when contributing to opinions and comments within this community. But no-one can forecast... :wink: That's life!!

Best regards,
Rainer Petersen
aka
51Days
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 05:18 pm
PDiddie's posts are usually quite explicit. Maybe area 51, maybe Mt. Rainer. Who knows.

Yeah, probably area 51.
0 Replies

51Days

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 05:43 pm
Getting to know people
:wink:

As it is in every internet community, I'm just getting to know attitudes and behavior of some people posting here. Well, I've just updated my profiles, so everybody may learn about me. I'm doing the same about you, of course Very Happy

I'm just about being 'beaten down' by the variety of topics here and have to make up my mind where to post first regarding my interests, needs to comment, and so on.

@C.I.: Where have you been in Germany up to now (read in your profile that you came over here to our country)...I'd really like to hear if you like to tell me about the regions you have visited....just curious... Embarrassed

Regards,
Rainer Petersen
aka
51Days
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A big 'Hello'!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:56:39