Speling?

Quincy

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 06:56 pm
Iz it two much too czech the spellyng in yor posts? I meen, thers a conveneent buttin to help u and evryting. What cood be simpla?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 460 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:56 am
Button? Wot button?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 12:59 am
It's nice to see that words like sabre, colour, paediatric, foetus, and metre all get through the SpellCheck safely...while "SpellCheck" does not.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 01:06 am
I seem to notice SpellCheck only gets my first booboo, the word, I'd, and thence gives up the ghost.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 01:07 am
I tend to spell ok when I'm awake.
Then there are the other times.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 04:37 am
SpellCheck has extremely limited usefulness. It won't catch any dumb mistakes if the offending word is a homonym. If you worte "I don't know wear to turn for an answer," SpellCheck would see nothing wrong with it. Text-messaging style would go largely uncorrected. I never use SpellCheck. It's far easier to learn how to spell (or check a dictionary).
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 11:50 pm
Eorl wrote:
It's nice to see that words like sabre, colour, paediatric, foetus, and metre all get through the SpellCheck safely...while "SpellCheck" does not.

Well the first 5 are correctly spelled words in British and the 6th is just something you made up..
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 12:11 am
Don't you mean English? Yeah, we speak it here too.

The Americans I'm not so sure about. They like to make it up as they go along. If it looks close...that'll do Razz

(Stuh, you may think I was being sarcastic, but I wasn't. )
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Speling?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/26/2024 at 02:40:16