It's "one of those days"

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 09:51 pm
Do you ever have 'one of those days' -- you know the kind. You wake up in the morning and you just know it's gonna be a bad day. You stub your toe on the way to the bathroom; you knock your soda (yes, I do drink soda in the a.m.) over and wind up having to more or less mop the entire kitchen floor; the dog decides to forget she's not supposed to jump on you and does so only after tramping through the mud in your garden (where she's just managed to trample all your seedling); you can't find your car keys...

Why is it that 'bad' things (okay, these aren't really bad, just annoying, but we'll call them bad anyway) seem to happen in groups?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,422 • Replies: 10
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 09:58 pm
Ohhhhhhhh yeah...

I think it's 'cause once the first thing happens, your tolerance for the next thing is much lower, and on and on, until your last nerve is stepped on. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:05 pm
And that last one really hurts.

What's interesting is that my hubby usually has a bad day on the same day as I do (think that may have something to do with the mood).
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:20 pm
I had one of those days too, today. Woke up at 5:00 a.m. with a migraine, daughter got up at 6:00, heading for her early bird shift at the pool before class, -14 degrees C outside. Hubby up early too 'cause the dog needed to go outside AFTER he threw up on our bed. She was home from work by 9:00 a.m. to get ready for class and dropped the bombshell that she's changing her whole program at U, and leaving the Commerce faculty after 2 1/2 years and switching to a different program. Rolling Eyes

You bored yet? That's not all
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:22 pm
Feel free to get it all out, mckenzie. It'll make you feel better (what bull that one is).

Actually, my day wasn't all that bad. I was just interested in the whole theory that these things all seem to happen at once. Sometimes I think we're being tested.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:29 pm
mckenzie, if it makes you feel any better (and it probably won't but it's worth a try) when each of my kids went off to college, they told the parents that it is normal for them to take more than the 4 years because most of them will change their minds. I felt blessed that they both graduated on time (my daughter never changed her mind and my son never made his up so took a double major, neither of which has anything to do with his current career).
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:34 pm
Then, my phone rang, and rang, and rang all day. Bad news because I work at home and after my daughter and I sorted out her future course (I hope), I'd already lost half a day's work.

I let my son use my car for school today because his is in for "winterizing" and I didn't have time to drive him to school. He locked the keys in the car. I couldn't rescue him - why? He had my car. I called the CAA.

His car? A simple "winterizing" turned into a new head gasket ($600) and new front brakes,

The bright side?
Tomorrow has to be better! Very Happy
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:36 pm
mckenzie -- NEVER, EVER say that. I know from personal experience that it can, and will on occasion, be worse.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:39 pm
Thank you, bandylu, that's my first laugh today!
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:41 pm
My theory is, get 'em all over with in one day!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:44 pm
It does sound as if you've gotten at least a month's worth out of the way.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It's "one of those days"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 07:27:34