a couple of dumb celebrity questions

Chai

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:02 am
ok, I'm not really hip to what's going on in popular culture, I only just learned what bubble tea was yesterday.

however, some things just keep me up at night wondering "Did I miss something?"

Remember how Matt Damon and that other guy hung out together constantly? They are/were best friends or something, and did everything together, and always talked about how much they respected each other and all that crap?

So, the other guy takes up with that Jennifer Lopez chick, and boom, you never hear the 2 names mentioned together, ever again.

So, was this Jennifer Lopez thing just a way to tell the public they're not 14 years old and best buddies anymore? Do they not hang out together any more.

Next....This Rosie O'Donnell person....On the talk show she had a few years ago, she'd go on and on about Tom Cruise and how cute he was and everything. OK, TC is so utterly gay, and it doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to figure out Rosie's a dyke.
What was the purpose of all that?

Now that Rosie has revealed her big secret, no more talk of Tom? Were we all supposed to really think she had the hots for Cruise?

Oh, another question...Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie married?

I figure it's a holiday weekend, and I have a chance to catch up on all this stuff.

I'll bet I'm not the only one in the dark.

Feel free to ask your own questions here. You're not alone.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 534 • Replies: 17
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:09 am
Damon's bud is Ben Affleck. I think they do still hang, they do Project Greenlight and stuff like that.

Rosie O'Donnell's alleged crush = trying to get the heartland to watch her TV show. Now that she's out, that's gone by the wayside.

Jolie and Pitt are not married.

I'm still trying to figure out why megalips are considered hot, seeing as it looks like you're in the middle of an allergy attack. And if allergy attacks are attractive, I am freakin' Angelina Jolie.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:10 am
Angelina and Brad aren't married, and it doesn't look like that's going to change.

As for Rosie, I think she has a secret crush on Elizabeth Hasselbeck.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:12 am
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out why megalips are considered hot, seeing as it looks like you're in the middle of an allergy attack.

I agree, jespah. I don't get why looking like Daffy Duck is supposed to be "hot."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:16 am
OMG, more stuff I don't know about!

what are "megaclips"?

who is Elizabeth Hasslebeck?

what's project greenlight?

I feel like pandoras box has been opened, I'll never catch up!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:20 am
Elizabeth Hasselbeck is on the TV Show, The View, along with Rosie. They just got into a huge arguement on the show a couple days ago.

Jespah actually said, "Mega lips." You know, those great big lips that so many female movie stars have today, thanks to generous injections of collagen.

But it really bugs when you see female news anchors sporting the big collagen lips.

Yeah, that makes you look credible. Too bad Dan Rather didn't know about collagen.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:27 am
oh...mega LIPs, gotcha.

whew...I was starting to think no one would let me eat at their lunch table.

so...were people really supposed to believe rosie liked tom cruise and watched the show....or were people supposed to watch the show because they couldn't believe this butch was trying to make us thing she was straight?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:31 am
How can you people talk of these minor celebrities at a time like this ?

We lost one of the greats today...

Charles Nelson Reilly, R.I.P
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:36 am
Quote:
so...were people really supposed to believe rosie liked tom cruise and watched the show....or were people supposed to watch the show because they couldn't believe this butch was trying to make us thing she was straight?

Chai, that could be one of those great unanswerable questions........

The truth is......we may never know......
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:41 am
yes...charles nelson riley. I shed a quiet tear for him earlier.

stray cat....someday, this mystery will be solved.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 10:54 am
I saw the movie Sentinel. Damon's in it. Jolie is in it. He plays a CIA guy who is so into his work he never shows up at home where Jolie is playing his wife. Right, so he must be gay, the CIA guy, because what guy wouldn't want to leave work and go swim around on top on of THAT every now and again. Right.

Anyway. Throughout the whole movie there's action until Jolie comes on screen. She is just stunning. The whole movie stops. She only has about ten lines in the whole film.

Joe(I wasn't listening.)Nation
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 28 May, 2007 11:00 am
Chai wrote:
oh...mega LIPs, gotcha.

whew...I was starting to think no one would let me eat at their lunch table.

Weird, I was just thinking about this general topic this morning. (No idea why. Maybe something happened that started the train of thought for both of us.) I was thinking about Rosie and Madonna -- that was when I first figured out that Rosie HAD to be gay. (OK maybe not first, but it was another "she's so lesbian" moment.) There was no way Madonna would find her interesting otherwise. (Not that Madonna is lesbian or anything, but that Madonna only likes "edgy" people and likes having a secret and likes being admired.) Then I was wondering if they're still friends since Rosie came out and it's not this big hush-hush thing anymore.

Anyway, Tom. I think it's kind of like gay guys and Barbra Streisand. They LOVE her, but that doesn't mean that they're in love with her per se. She embodies a certain kind of fabulousness that is valued by gay guys, and I think Tom embodies (or embodied, he's pretty much washed up) a certain kind of alpha male swagger that is valued by some lesbians. (As in, wanna BE him, not wanna do him.)

I do think she was using it to try to pretend to be straight, but I think there's also some genuine star-struck/ celebrity-worship/ wanna be him kind of thing going on too. I think she LOVES him without being in love with him or attracted to him.

(I watched Rosie's show for a while in there and watched the one where Tom finally came on, after endless build-up -- the woman was GLOWING. She's not that good of an actress.)
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 07:04 am
Teehee.

Nodding at Soz's assessment of Rosie and the Tom Cruise thing.

Was looking at a trash rag last night at work. Hey, I can't bring myself to actually buy the things but if it's there, helps to have some fluff for small talk with certain folks.

Anyhow, I never did get the whole Angelina Jolie thing. She has like two faces that she poses all the bloody time. Spice it up a bit woman!

Now other people are finally starting to not think I'm just bitter if I mention this. There was a series of photos of her.
A big pout on this woman to show off lips - it's all she's got. When you are holding your kid? Each photo was the pout. It looks ridiculous.

Ok. My question. Silly silly question. Is Christina Aguilara a burlesque performer now? Saw a poster and ads for her show. Haven't seen her perform at all, know almost zilch about her or it.
From the posters and such it sure looked like not pop anymore. At first I mistaked it for a performance at the "Gentleman's Club".
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 07:08 am
Is it just me or does this mushypancakes person sound a lot like flushd?

Same distinct writing style. I'm usually pretty good at picking up on these dual-identities.

But, I could be wrong.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:31 am
gus....krissy07 is looking for you.

she wants you to pay for half her wedding.

please help her, her nerves are wracked and she's tired.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:47 am
Elizabeth Hasselbeck was also on survivor. They are (Rosie and Elizabeth) polar opposites - she is a petite cute blond conservative as they come.

I think Rosie dropped Cruise when he flipped out jumping on furniture even for Rosie this was too much.

Charles Nelson Reily I remember him from Match Game and being a guest on the Love Boat about 100 times.

Jolie is going to play Mariane Pearl in a movie about the tragic death of Daniel Pearl. I'm not a fan of Jolie, but had the wonderful opportunity to see Mariane Pearl speak at a conference. She is a fabulous and brave woman. Believe me, there wasn't a clear eye in the audience after hearing her story. I can't wait to see the movie.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:51 am
Chai wrote:
gus....krissy07 is looking for you.

she wants you to pay for half her wedding.

please help her, her nerves are wracked and she's tired.

http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/are-you-my-daddy.jpg
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:52 am
Chai,

Here is another fascinating detail that actually links your interest in gays to Pitt and Jolie.

Brad Pitt stated that he and Jolie will not get married until gay couples also have the right to get married!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » a couple of dumb celebrity questions
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:08:55