Real Life Problems

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:53 am
after battling back from my illness and the losses they covered I am at a point where I am almost feeling secure again. I have enough nightclub/bar business to sustain (along with squinneys income) the family and begin to build back my private, corporate and events business. However, faced with the price of gas and the threat of outright shortages... I'm not quite ready to take the hit of losing my club accounts. It would create a real problem. But people will stop going out.

This is one little slice of how this bullshit effects people in the real world.

What's your story?

And btw, since I am here for your enterainment I'm sure many of you can take this opportunity to point out that it is somehow a liberals fault, or how kotowing to terrorists like pussies will effect my business. or some such nonsense. You too are invited to enjoy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,027 • Replies: 15
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 07:26 am
The Sh!ttier things get the more people drink... they'll just car pool more.

You'll be fine until those damn liberals screw everything up.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 07:37 am
There's a woman in town here who is making a killing in her bicycle shop.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 07:43 am
have you ever tried riding your bike carrying two subwoofers, double 15 and horn enclosures, amp and mixers, laptop and cables?

Hell that doesn't even leave room for my stash....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 07:43 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
The Sh!ttier things get the more people drink... they'll just car pool more.

You'll be fine until those damn liberals screw everything up.

that was true at one point.... no longer...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 07:45 am
How about an electric golf cart?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 07:45 am
I wasn't suggesting you purchase a bicycle, Bear, but merely pointing out the fact that the citizenry is being forced to pedal. Pretty soon those Flintstone cars will be in vogue.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 07:58 am
well I have thought of getting one of those bikes with a big cart in the back seriously.... I love to ride and do everyday.... ride to the gym.... I live in a planned community with grocery store and pharmacy, restaurants and department stores within 2.5 miles.... I drive my truck strictly when I have to for work or when the car is not available... and we try to plan all errands in one trip....of course the kids want to use the car whenever possible but they are pretty good about putting gas in it when they do.....

I grew up without a car and I remember walking to the grocery store a few miles each way with my mother even in the dead of winter with the snow piled up.... it didn't hurt me....my youngest boy cub just recently rode a city bus and I'm not sure my girl cub would even know how....somehow it's considered a low class thing now....

I wish I could just get people to come to my house, drop 2.00 sing a song and then leave....I could run a 24 hour shift with me and the rest of the family taking turns running the equipment...karaoke on the fly.... for the no life no social skills loser on the run Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:02 am
on a serious note...

http://www.bicyclecart.com/
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:05 am
If we ride our bikes, the terrorists win.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 08:08 am
but I'm a scumbag liberal america hating terrorist supporter garg m'boy.... haven't you been keeping up?

McGentrix, Brandon, MM, can one of you please bring Gargamel up to speed?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 05:13 am
Gargamel wrote:
If we ride our bikes, the terrorists win.

Kool Aid done finally got you, hasn't it?

(That is VERY funny!)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 05:32 am
Youve just proved that rabbits are slow on the uptake.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 06:09 am
I wouldn't worry too much Bear. During the 1930's Depression, bars and dance halls survived as other businesses collapsed. When things get tough people seek to escape their problems, even if it's just for an evening. Expensive fossil fuel certainly hurts the economy, but somehow people always manage to find a few bucks to party. However, you might want to save up for hybrid Toyota SUV to get around and offer a gas raffle (winner gets a free tank of gas) at your events - just as insurance and incentive.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 06:20 am
IMOP gas prices will either lead to auto's phasing out ( for example, everyone might have to buy bicycles), or lead to a new source of energy, one that will most likely change our society.( the fabled water motor comes to mind)

We'll most likely be living in a nookeelur winter by that time though.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 26 May, 2007 09:25 am
Bear,

You can always tow your butt up to the 'Peg for a while, til the partying resumes at its better gas-guzzling level again *oh it will, it will*.

Seems there are more Hummers and drunk drivers and karaoke and nightclubs then ever.

Hummers in the prairie. Cracks me up every time.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Real Life Problems
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:51:39