Cows don't eat rats

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 07:49 pm
On an different thread Merry Andrew mentioned the time he stepped on a rat and broke its back. The rat was still alive and rolling around in agony. Merry said he felt horrible but felt that a passing crow might eat the rat.

I realized at the time Merry's mistake because a crow would not eat a rat unless it was already dead and opened up, or decomposing in such a fashion that the pickings would be easy.

I declined to comment because I didn't want to embarrass Merry.

But then Calamity Jane came along and said what I consider to be one of the funniest things I have read on this site in quite some time.

She said, "Andrew, dear, cows eat only hay."

You can't make that stuff up.

Thanks, Jane. I am still laughing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,447 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 07:51 pm
Awww leave her alone, it's not like the post was in German.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 08:00 pm
Somebody just needs to massage that man's forehead with a brick.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 08:01 pm
Now THAT'S funny.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 08:03 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Somebody just needs to massage that man's forehead with a brick.

I'm getting this mental image. Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 08:10 pm
I thought crows'd eat anything.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 08:22 pm
The cow moved with stealth through the alleys of the major city, its massive head swinging back and forth, looking for prey. There! Down that alley! The cow sees the struggling rat and charges. The rat attempts to flee but his broken back has slowed his movements and before he can reach the shelter of the garbage can the massive cow is upon him. The cow thrusts his head downward and snares the rat and bites it in half. Then, it raises his head, the life blood of the rat flowing from the corner of his mouth, and swallows the thing whole. The cow throws his head back and lets out a throaty moo that can be heard throughout the city. The sound of scampering feet can be heard everywhere as animals run for shelter. And the city is quiet.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 09:07 pm
Honestly, Gus, your talent is wasted here. You should be putting your writing skills to better use. Writing story ideas for Stephen King or devising interrogation strategies for Dick Cheney...something along those lines.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 09:19 pm
http://q-target.com/angrycow.jpg
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 10:46 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
The cow moved with stealth through the alleys of the major city, its massive head swinging back and forth, looking for prey. There! Down that alley! The cow sees the struggling rat and charges. The rat attempts to flee but his broken back has slowed his movements and before he can reach the shelter of the garbage can the massive cow is upon him. The cow thrusts his head downward and snares the rat and bites it in half. Then, it raises his head, the life blood of the rat flowing from the corner of his mouth, and swallows the thing whole. The cow throws his head back and lets out a throaty moo that can be heard throughout the city. The sound of scampering feet can be heard everywhere as animals run for shelter. And the city is quiet.

As quiet as only this city can be, the city with the stealthy cows. All -- people and animal alive -- lived in fear of being consumed or mauled, yes, mauled, by these beasts of burden, but only the quick, the intelligent, the lucky managed to survive. Yes, some poor ne'er-do-wells managed to escape the massive mouths of the cows, but most ended up lifeless and, eventually, bloodless.

Death was sung in this thriving metrolopolis to the throaty moo of the bull calf and it's mother....

<enter what'shisname on a horse - Clint Eastward - with some appropriate country tunewhistle>
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 10:56 pm
Mame wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

As quiet as only this city can be, the city with the stealthy cows. All -- people and animal alive -- lived in fear of being consumed or mauled, yes, mauled, by these beasts of burden, but only the quick, the intelligent, the lucky managed to survive. Yes, some poor ne'er-do-wells managed to escape the massive mouths of the cows, but most ended up lifeless and, eventually, bloodless.

Death was sung in this thriving metrolopolis to the throaty moo of the bull calf and it's mother....

<enter what'shisname on a horse - Clint Eastward - with some appropriate country tunewhistle>

Dana Lyons copyright 1996

Fat and docile, big and dumb
They look so stupid, they aren't much fun
Cows aren't fun

They eat to grow, grow to die
Die to be et at the hamburger fry
Cows well done

Nobody thunk it, nobody knew
No one imagined the great cow guru
Cows are one

He hid in the forest, read books with great zeal
He loved Che Guevera, a revolutionary veal
Cow Tse Tongue

He spoke about justice, but nobody stirred
He felt like an outcast, alone in the herd
Cow doldrums

He mooed we must fight, escape or we'll die
Cows gathered around, cause the steaks were so high
Bad cow pun
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:01 am
I am heading out, where...

http://www.saynotocrack.com/img/cow_grass_is_greener.jpg
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 12:37 am
sure cows look docile, maybe even friendly

but as i say to every vegetarian i meet, they'd kill and eat you if they had the chance, and that's why we have to kill and eat them first

the above statement goes double for chickens, they're completely untrustworthy, never turn your back on a chicken
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 01:47 am
Re: Cows don't eat rats
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
On an different thread Merry Andrew mentioned the time he stepped on a rat and broke its back. The rat was still alive and rolling around in agony. Merry said he felt horrible but felt that a passing crow might eat the rat.

I realized at the time Merry's mistake because a crow would not eat a rat unless it was already dead and opened up, or decomposing in such a fashion that the pickings would be easy.

I declined to comment because I didn't want to embarrass Merry.

But then Calamity Jane came along and said what I consider to be one of the funniest things I have read on this site in quite some time.

She said, "Andrew, dear, cows eat only hay."

You can't make that stuff up.

Thanks, Jane. I am still laughing.

Nah...they eat afterbirths. That ain't grass.

And there's sheep in England that drive people and stuff off cliffs and eat them. They lack some mineral or other.

If a sheep would, why not a cow?

They're all **vines of some sort.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 06:59 am
I'm skeered.

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2004/02/two_cows.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 07:48 am
dlowan wrote:

Please stop ruining this thread with your facts.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 07:54 am
http://www.cs.unm.edu/~sto/may98/vultures.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 08:00 am
DrewDad wrote:
dlowan wrote:

No.

Got any other doofus headed requests?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 08:04 am
dyslexia wrote:
http://www.cs.unm.edu/~sto/may98/vultures.jpg

Cheerful chappie, aren't you?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 08:09 am
dlowan wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
dlowan wrote:

No.

Got any other doofus headed requests?

Yes... learn when to use hyphens.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cows don't eat rats
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 06:32:41