What would Dlowan proclaim if she ruled the world?

Monger

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 06:19 pm
So, this started when I posted a quote (that I believe Dlowan says in her head constantly) on the Things people posted that would make perfect sig lines thread. Dlowan protested that she'd never actually written it down, which I felt was just picking at nits, grasping at straws, and pinching at palpability. So, I responded that the fact that I made up the quote I attributed to her was beside the point since probably everyone realized she'd say it constantly if she ruled the world. She disagreed that people realized. Hence, the poll.

However, I realize there are doubtless numerous other insane things Dlowan would regularly proclaim if she ever stumbled upon world domination. If you know of one, please warn us all.

Edit: Fixed my awesome spelling
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,441 • Replies: 41
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 06:21 pm
Ah...I see Monger is back, she said drily.

Oh...did you mean "nits"?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 06:36 pm
Monger, duh, of course she would never say "I'm the queen of the smegging hippies. Bring me trees so I may hug them." Do you know NOTHING?

If the trees are brought, as in moved from where they originally were and to Her Highness' royal orbit, they would be, you know, (come closer) [size=7]harmed.[/size] Perhaps even (cough[size=7]cut down[/size]cough). And Her Highness has only the very, very highest esteem for lovely, life-giving, noble, ancient [size=7]I'm running out of adjectives[/size] and eminently huggable trees.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 06:40 pm
I would think her motto would be "Get out of my hot tub you yank "
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 06:40 pm
You know, I'd love a REAL wooden floor......picks teeth....
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 08:15 pm
Don't let Dlowan fool you, Sozobe. She cares not for the trees; only for hugging them. I don't try to understand the mind of a rabbit gone rabid with power.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 08:26 pm
Re: What would Dlowan proclaim if she ruled the world?
Monger wrote:
However, I realize there are doubtless numerous other insane things Dlowan would regularly proclaim if she ever stumbled upon world domination. If you know of one, please warn us all.

I believe dlowan says..... monger you are a woftam, or words to that effect.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 08:39 pm
dadpad wrote:

Woftam? As in, waste of funking time and money? I doubt she would be that tactful.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 08:54 pm
Monger wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Woftam? As in, waste of funking time and money? I doubt she would be that tactful.

You may be right, she may be crazy, but she just may be the lunatic your looking for.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:08 pm
dadpad wrote:
You may be right, she may be crazy, but she just may be the lunatic your looking for.

I agree on all three counts. :-)

---
For the record and the unenlightened, poll option three is a Donnie Darko reference.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:12 pm
I would never call Monger a woftam.......but I DO think it would be WAY more fun to speculate on what he would say if unleashed....

or, is he already unleashed?

Anyhoo...here's speculation number 1 re the sayings of an unleashed Monger:

"It darkles (tint, tinct) all this our funanimal world."

But...WHAT WOULD SOZOBE SAY?

"Let's be reasonable here......"?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:26 pm
"What would Dlowan proclaim if she ruled the world?"

Whaddya mean IF? You mean she doesn't? Another bubble boist.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:33 pm
Roberta wrote:

Yep! I'm a bit like Boida - I thought she already did rule - she told me she did!

Wnere you been, Monger??? (Yes - where have you been??)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:36 pm
Roberta wrote:

I know what YOU'D say:

"Love dem boids. No Boids to be hoit, under pain of death."
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:46 pm
dlowan wrote:
Roberta wrote:

I know what YOU'D say:

"Love dem boids. No Boids to be hoit, under pain of death."

I might say, "Gimme some money," first. Then I'd jump in with the boid thing. Good guess, Deb.

So what would it be for you, Deb? I'm sure there'll be a ''smegging" in there somewhere.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:07 pm
margo wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Yep! I'm a bit like Boida - I thought she already did rule - she told me she did!

Wnere you been, Monger??? (Yes - where have you been??)

Where indeed....I was wondering this...always miss Monger when he's not here.

Then...I thought, one should not look a gift Monger in the mouth.....then I thought, why NOT look a gift Monger in the mouth...so I went looking for Monger.

Now...I had always thought Monger to be the hulk character in "Blazing Saddles"...but no, here is a Monger:

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/3/36/Animus_Hate_Monger.jpg/442px-Animus_Hate_Monger.jpg

That's one scary dude!!!!

Here's about him:

Animus' origins are not revealed: it may be a mutant or mutated human, the spawn of the cosmic Lord Chaos or Master Hate, or something else altogether. In its first recorded activity as the Hate-Monger, it provided advanced weaponry and costumes to Leonard Kryzewski, convincing him to regather the Sons of the Serpent to spread hatred and violence throughout New York City. The Avengers and New Warriors opposed the Sons, and the Hate-Monger escalated tensions into violence between all groups. In a later conflict, the Hate-Monger faded away when Captain America convinced the heroes to overcome their hatred, but it warned them it would be back when their resolve faded and hatred flourished in their hearts. The Hate-Monger next appeared in the Los Angeles riots. After the riots, it targeted Nomad (Jack Monroe), inflaming conflicts with supporters of the homophobic broadcaster the Roar, the HIV injecting Needle, and Texas Senator Hugh Greider. It eventually confronted Nomad directly, even using his infant ward Bucky (Julia Winter) against him, but Nomad ended the conflict by refusing to fight the Hate-Monger.

Returning to L.A., the Hate Monger supplied high-tech weapons to street gang the War Machines. After being assaulted and warned away from the gang by War Machine, the Hate-Monger led the Sons of the Serpent to purchase weapons from A.I.M. and Hydra and use them against streets gangs, such as the War Machines, resulting in another conflict with War Machine. Rhodes framed the Sons as having betrayed A.I.M. and Hydra, turning both groups against the Sons, and the Hate-Monger fled. It next assaulted the hero Justice, exploiting Justice and his mother's hatred of Vance for having accidentally killed his own abusive father. When Norma forgave Vance, and enabled him to get over his self-loathing, the Hate-Monger was foiled. Re-naming itself Animus, it fed off tensions among the Hulk, Bruce Banner, Angela Lipscombe, and Doc Samson. When Animus confronted them directly, Banner used his own hatred to overload and consume Animus, though Animus soon re-formed and prepared for dessert.

Aha!!! Some shades of our Monger's favourite deity, Eris, there....

Here he is as an action figure:

http://www.geocities.com/toyfare_magazine/Legends_Kill_Monger.jpg

AND! We have our very own Australian Monger...here is Lake Monger, near Perth:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/LakeMonger-WorldWind.jpg/800px-LakeMonger-WorldWind.jpg

Another side of our Monger...here he is in his Laverne Monger mode:

http://gomavs.unomaha.edu/headlines/lg_monger.jpg

And here he is as an anti war Monger:

http://www.brumm.com/antiwar/jan18/images/14WarMonger.jpg

And here's a sweet li'l Monger:

http://www.nonoart.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/monger.jpg

But...to me.....he'll always be the cutest little Blue Space Booger of them all!

I don't know what I'd say if I ruled the world, Roberta.....

Maybe.........."HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! I don't have the faintest smegging idea how to do this ****!!!"

That's after I said: "Render unto Boida large amounts of money" of course....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:12 pm
Yep. Been to Lake Monger. There are swans, black swans.

Is this Monger something like a swan? HUH?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:14 pm
This one can only be described as one helluva Monger:

http://k43.pbase.com/u41/kayakbiker/upload/35949252.FearMongering.jpg

Google Image rules...these are, I tell the truth, ALL Mongers!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:22 pm
Blazing saddles = mongo not monger. Big difference you know.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:31 pm
Who is Monger, Margo?.....hmm, there are many legends.

One thing we know is that he claims kinship with Eris, a goddess to be reckoned with:

http://www.theoi.com/image/img_eris.jpg

ERIS was the goddess or spirit (daimon) of strife, discord, contention and rivalry. She was often represented specifically as the daimon of the strife of war, who haunted the battlefield and delighted in human bloodshed.

Because of Eris' disagreeable nature she was the only goddess not to be invited to the wedding of Peleus and Thetis. When she turned up anyway, she was refused admittance and, in a rage, threw a golden apple amongst the goddesses inscribed 'To the fairest.' Three goddesses laid claim it, and in their rivalry brought about the events which led to the Trojan War.

Eris was closely identified with the war-goddess Enyo. Homer appears to use their names interchangeably.

Eris is also a weeny, tiny, planet!

And, here she is:

(Three of her...)

http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~mbrown/planetlila/lila.JPG

May I introduce her:

Eris, the largest dwarf planet known, was discovered in an ongoing survey at Palomar Observatory's Samuel Oschin telescope by astronomers Mike Brown (Caltech), Chad Trujillo (Gemini Observatory), and David Rabinowitz (Yale University). We officially suggested the name on 6 September 2006, and it was accepted and announced on 13 September 2006. In Greek mythology, Eris is the goddess of warfare and strife. She stirs up jealousy and envy to cause fighting and anger among men. At the wedding of Peleus and Thetis, the parents of the Greek hero Achilles, all the gods with the exception of Eris were invited, and, enraged at her exclusion, she spitefully caused a quarrel among the goddesses that led to the Trojan war. In the astronomical world, Eris stirred up a great deal of trouble among the international astronomical community when the question of its proper designation led to a raucous meeting of the IAU in Prague. At the end of the conference, IAU members voted to demote Pluto and Eris to dwarf-planet status, leaving the solar system with only eight planets.

The satellite of Eris has received the offical name Dysnomia, who in Greek mythology is Eris' daughter and the demon spirit of lawlessness. As Dysnomia is a bit of a mouthful, we tend to simply call the satellite Dy, for short.

As promised for the past year, the name Xena (and satellite Gabrielle) were simply placeholders while awaiting the IAU's decision on how an official name was to be proposed. As that process dragged on, however, many people got to know Xena and Gabrielle as the real names of these objects and are sad to see them change. We admit to some sadness ourselves.We used the names for almost two years now and are having a hard time swtiching. But for those who miss Xena, look for the obvious nod in the new name of the moon of Eris.

http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~mbrown/planetlila/

Where he came from? This is shrouded in the myths of mystery.

We know he has lived in Japan, and travelled a lot.

Some say he is tall, dark and handsome.

Others, that he is short, blond, and ravishing.

He has the tongue of men and of angels.......and sprites.....he is sweet as a sounding cymbal, and tinkling brass, and nobody is sure whether he hath, or hath not, Charity. I am inclined to think he hath.

And her family want her back.

He is seen, as through a mirror, darkly......which is odd, when you think about it, because you can't see through a dark mirror...but I digress.

He is said to gallop out of the night, when the full moon is bright (which suggests he, or his steed, is vision impaired) and yells "Hi ho, Silver" a lot. I don't think you should yell at steeds, but that's just me.

Some say he comes from haunt of coot and hern, which may well be true since he is happy to bicker and sally down valleys and such....

Ohers say he is from where:

Alph, the sacred river, ran
through caverns measureless to man
down to a sunless sea,
so twice five miles of fertile ground
with walls and towers were girdled round.
and there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
where blossom'd many an incense-bearing tree.
And here were forests as ancient as the hills,
enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

But I think him more Blue, than Green.....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What would Dlowan proclaim if she ruled the world?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:02:40