12:42 AM

Treya

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 01:05 am
That's when my daddy died. My hero is gone. He died peacefully in his sleep. But he will live on in my heart and in the lessons he taught me.

I just thought some of you might want to know.

And I wanted to say thank you for your support and for the sincere care you showed me though-out these last few months.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,354 • Replies: 20
No top replies

TTH

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 01:26 am
Treya
I don't know what to say since I don't know you. I just wanted to let you know I read your post and you have my sincere sympathy.
I thought this was nice: http://www.angelrays.com/swf/sym.html
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:45 am
Treya--

Please accept my sympathy. You can never be a child again.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 06:52 am
Aw, Treya, I'm sorry to read that -- but also a little not sorry -- glad that you knew him and loved him and that he lives on in you. That's a legacy for anyone, to live on in the hearts and minds of those who loved him.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 07:05 am
sorry, heph.

I know you're hurting, no need to try not to. The days of smiles and memories will return soon.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 09:15 am
Thank you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 09:16 am
My condolences, Treya.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 11:23 am
Many of us here have lost our fathers. We can talk whenever you feel like it. For now, please get some rest. The next few days will be difficult, and you will need the energy.

My condolences.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 04:29 pm
Hang in there Heph.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 04:40 pm
Sorry to hear that, heph. It's awfully hard when a hero goes.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 04:43 pm
Treya,

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your father.

Thinking of you.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 12 May, 2007 04:47 pm
condolences to you and your family, Treya...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:07 pm
Thanks for the condolences. I appreciate your kindness. All is well. Hmmm... As well as it can be I suppose. I miss him. The funeral was Wednesday and my mom is gone for the next few weeks now. I'm in the house alone. It's amazing really. He is everywhere here. I hope that doesn't sound crazy. But every where I look it seems there's a memory of some sort.

Something he said... something he did... I don't know. It's weird feeling. Empty I guess. But I'm feeling well enough to go back to work soon. Since it's my birthday weekend I'm waiting until Monday to go back. I got a phone call for him yesterday. It was strange. I didn't know what to say. I hadn't even thought about what to do if someone called and asked for him.

I don't know. I don't suppose it matters all that much. Death is a part of life after all right? We'll get through some how. As strange as this may sound something really good came of all this. I don't know how or why, but somehow I finally made peace with myself. All that inner turmoil that used to plague me. Somehow I made peace with my family as well. These people I've spent years being angry at.

I guess maybe we don't always see the end of things when we are at the beginning. It's hard to imagine life without my dad here. On the other side of the phone. Picking on us (the family) and making us laugh. But somehow I think his death brought all of us a little closer. Anyway, thanks for the listening ear. I do appreciate it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:46 pm
Hi, Treya. Condolences and understanding.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:29 pm
Treya, Sorry to hear about your father. I understand how you're feeling. This doesn't ever go away, but it does get easier. Give yourself some time.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 09:31 pm
((((Treya))))

You know we are here for you.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 02:30 am
Thanks you all. That means so much to me. I'm sorry. I just haven't felt like talking really. It's hard. So many emotions involved and what not. Just hmmm... I'm here. I'm glad I'm still here. Though I may not have much to say for a while. But I do appreciate you all. I want you to know that.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 07:18 am
Unless you have to, don't make any decisions until you've had time to settle and adjust to a new reality. You're still you but your world is a different place.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 12:20 pm
Squinny... Thanks for the hug.Smile Maybe this is a silly question but is that your dog? He/she looks just like mine Shocked :

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/princesshephzibah/100_0151.jpg

JPB thanks for the advice. You are right about the decision making. I learned that one that hard way. I kind of struggle with it still though because there are just some things that have to be done and soon. So I don't want to make any rash decisions, however, I feel like I there are some things I do need to change within my life fairly quickly. I feel kind of like I'm in limbo right now. *sigh*
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 12:36 pm
Heph--

Happy Birthday. You're going to have a very instructive year.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 12:42 AM
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 03:48:34