Your Signature

Chai

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 01:29 pm
Are you those one of those people who carefully and legibly write out each letter of your name, or do you just scrawl a line across the page?

Maybe you're somewhere in between, being neat enough, but haphazard in crossing t's and dotting i's.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,505 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 01:42 pm
Mine is very legible.

But I sign first initial only and last name rather than whole first name and last name.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 01:45 pm
Scrawl, but the same scrawl or the same initials, each time.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 01:55 pm
My signture is a horrible mess - barely can tell what it is.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 02:04 pm
well then, we've got 3 scrawlers and 1 neat freak.

I too just use my first initial and last name.

I've got a 5 letter last name, and the last 4 letters are ones that are middle type letters that don't go up like k or l, or down like y or g.

so basically my last name looks like the first letter and a slightly wavy line after it.

so bella, did you stay in the lines when you colored at school?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 02:07 pm
I write my first name, middle initial and last name in one swoop, without lifting my pen off the paper.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 02:12 pm
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1184/rpsiggu6.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 02:13 pm
My signature is almost illegible. The R is legible. And the two Ts (one in first name, one in last name) are always crossed. But otherwise, fuggedabout.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 03:15 pm
Chai wrote:

Uh, duh. Yeah....

What else were the lines there for?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 03:21 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Chai wrote:

Uh, duh. Yeah....

What else were the lines there for?

When I was little I ALWAYS stayed in the lines because if I didn't, the world would end.

When I married (both times) I had to figure out a whole new signature.

My birth name, first and last, has all kinds of letters going UP and DOWN and DOWN and UP. It was a damn roller coaster ride. Paired with my first husbands name, it looked all wonky.

If I wrote my First name the way I did when I was single, and my current last name properly, I'd look schizophrenic.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 03:21 pm
I sign my whole first name, middle initial and last name. The signature is well-designed and very legible.

Of course I colored inside the lines. Do you think I'd want to flunk art?!

Some time ago sozobe started a thread on A2Kers' handwriting. We all sent in samples, as I recall. (Off to see if I can find it.)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 03:25 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I write my first name, middle initial and last name in one swoop, without lifting my pen off the paper.

This is me, in the same vein.

I sign my first and middle initial, and then my last name in one go.....but usually only on credit card bills.

Anything really official, I sign my first name in full, middle initial, and then last name.

And, yes, you can read my signature.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 08:03 pm
Eva wrote:
Some time ago sozobe started a thread on A2Kers' handwriting. We all sent in samples, as I recall. (Off to see if I can find it.)

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34847&highlight=handwriting
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 08:52 pm
Mine is great, thanks Noddy. It says it all Smile
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 09:03 pm
I sign my first initial, middle initial and last name in one swirly swoop without lifting the pen from the paper. The loops overlap in some places....and yet it always looks exacty the same, unless for some reason I stop in the middle; then I get discombobulated. Confused
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 05:29 am
I sign full first and last name, of which the two initials are fairly clear but the rest is debatable. There are t's and i's, so there are little bits flying off everywhere, and the last three letters tend to be a wavy line that can stretch forever, depending on how I feel.

Lines, schmigns -- they were just there for suggestion. Next you'll be telling me that your grass was always green and your sky always blue.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 06:39 am
I've signed my name so many different ways....it was a matter of finding which I liked best. I like being able to read my signature.

Makes it harder to forge. :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 06:45 am
At work, I sign only my first name, mostly. It's a hasty scribble. Thing is, if I write slowly, the end product is no better than the scribble. Why waste effort needlessly?
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 07:10 am
I think I sign legibly, but not neatly or carefully
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 08:06 am
I also have a short name...with my first inital and full last it's only 6 letters.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Your Signature
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 10:37:46