Me and my avatar: Watch Mo grow.

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 11:21 am
For a long time I never selected an avatar - this, despite my being a photographer. Recently I posted an image of me and Little Mo at the beach but we were so teeny tiny that it was really impossible to deciper.

Still, I felt that I needed some kind of image... but what?

At the risk of being one of those knuckleheads that indentify too closely with a child, and, because I take at least one photo of Little Mo every day I thought it might be fun for all of you who might be interested to watch Mo grow.

Plus, you get to see some of my photos - and that tells you something about me.

I'm hoping this will put my avatar angst to rest.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,864 • Replies: 56
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 11:58 am
Very Happy

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh
he's beautiful. i know he's a boy. he's still beautiful.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 12:28 pm
Thank You!!!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 12:45 pm
Cool beans, boomerang! Beautiful child!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 12:49 pm
You might wanna nudge him a bit. I've been watching for 10 minutes and he hasn't moved an inch.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 12:50 pm
ROFLMAO Very Happy
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 01:00 pm
Hi all. Yes, his beauty is indisputable.

And Craven (speaking of knuckleheads) - you have to watch a veeerrrrry looooong time to see the changes.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 01:01 pm
When I was that age I couldn't stay still for that long...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 02:27 pm
Oh, sweet!!!

Great picture, great subject.

My arbitrary paranoia line is still on the side of no pictures of the sozlet online, but this makes me want to send you one. I take an average of a picture a day, as well, though not literally -- 10 pictures one day, 5 two weeks later, that kind of thing. I'm waiting to get some back that were gorgeous through the viewfinder -- fingers crossed.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 02:37 pm
Hiya soz.

I curious about your reasons for the no photos rule. Am I making a big mistake by posting photos?

I love that about things looking great through the viewfinder! It can be truly amazing to see the difference between the mind's eye and the camera's eye, can't it? Still, with kids you really can't go wrong (well, there IS the Sears carpet box shots - those are really wrong, but at least someone is getting photos done - and that's really right).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 02:39 pm
He's not getting any bigger, either.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 02:40 pm
I'm starting to get really worried.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 02:46 pm
Knuckleheads. I'm surrounded by knuckleheads.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 02:49 pm
Hey! I've never done this whole webcam thing before!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 02:53 pm
boomer, I'm an inconsistently paranoid freak, so pay no attention to me.

I'm finally starting to figure out tricks to get my mind's eye and the camera's eye to align just a bit more -- got a fairly nice camera for Christmas last year (Canon Rebel G) and have been reveling in the flexibility. I had a 20-yr-old point and shoot before that, and there was literally one corner of one room in the entire house that got the right kind of light for halfway decent pictures. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 02:55 pm
boomerang wrote:
Hiya soz.

I curious about your reasons for the no photos rule. Am I making a big mistake by posting photos?

I love that about things looking great through the viewfinder! It can be truly amazing to see the difference between the mind's eye and the camera's eye, can't it? Still, with kids you really can't go wrong (well, there IS the Sears carpet box shots - those are really wrong, but at least someone is getting photos done - and that's really right).

I think photo is a lot less volatile than real name. Now figure if there is a picture and someone is gunna stalk ya then they have to know a lot more about you - well a real stalker it aint gunna make much difference. So now if you got a picture then we're gunna run over to Kansas City and start scoping out every toddler in every park - aint gunna happen. No if you look like a very famous person say GWB - then yer gunna have problems name or picture on the internet either way.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 05:25 pm
Oh, boomer...He's gonna be a heartbreaker!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 05:28 pm
Whaddya mean 'gonna be'..... :wink:

I'm smitten. Embarrassed

(Hiya Swimp!)
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 05:31 pm
Hey, Rae!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 05:32 pm
<smooches>
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Me and my avatar: Watch Mo grow.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:23:39