Some Good News, for a Change! :)

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:01 am
We bought a house and moved in over the past weekend. The big stuff has yet to be moved, and some of the floors need to be redone, but we are pretty thrilled. For many years we crammed into a tiny house in California - which we loved, but outgrew. Then job-change forced us to relocate, then again, then again...in just a year.

I work about 60 hours/week so I don't have a great deal of spare time to work on a home, so we bought a six year old place that was a former show home - still in immaculate condition. Three story walkout of about 3200sf, 4BR/3.5BA. The laundry room is bigger than our California living room. I won't talk price but to say it was less than 1/3 what we would have paid in Cali, maybe even 1/5. It's suite (sic!)!!!

My girls, who at first wanted to live in an even fancier neighborhood, are so thrilled they camped out there last night and slept on the floor.

That put smile on my face. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 451 • Replies: 12
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:07 am
How COOL!
Congratulations!!

Maybe sometime, you should post some pics of the new CJ homestead. Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:14 am
Yeah, we were a little busy - I wanted to take some pics but just didn't have time. Hopefully I'll have some soon.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:16 am
Re: Some Good News, for a Change! Smile
cjhsa wrote:
That put smile on my face. Very Happy

Mine too.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 06:38 am
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/cjhsa/private/house.jpg
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 07:19 am
Nice Dj, looks semi rural.

The lawn will keep you out of mischief on the weekends.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 07:38 am
Very pretty. Lawn, bay windows, deck -- nice.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 07:38 am
Both the wife and I wanted it to be more rural but we had to compromised to get a decent house and keep the kids in their current school district. It is a nice house - 3200sf 4BR/3.5BA on three finished levels with upgrades out the wazoo. Six years old and really more like new. When you leave California things suddenly look cheap. This house would have been at least $1.5M on my old block in Cali. We paid only a small fraction of that.

I have my cabin up north for rural activities. Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 10:34 am
nice place you got there.

how old is it?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 10:37 am
cjhsa wrote:
Six years old and really more like new.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 10:39 am
(10Q)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 09:39 pm
Congrats on the new abode. I like the look.

It's tradition in my family to bring sugar, salt, and bread to a new home. Sugar so that life will be sweet. Salt that that life will be interesting. And bread so that life will be plentiful.

Consider them delivered. I wish you and your family well.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 06:54 am
Thanks everyone.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Some Good News, for a Change! :)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 08:37:37