Happy Birthday Tai Chi

djjd62

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:03 pm
boomerang wrote:

Now, dj - give us the scoop on Piglet.

it's just one of those things, i believe it goes back to her days in the naval reserves, tai is somewhat vertically challenged (most of our family is), she met a very tall robust girl who became a very good friend, they shared an apartment a few years later in toronto, it was i believe this girl who sort of started with the piglet references, in terms of tai's, stature and somewhat anxious nature

this quote seems to figure in the mythos, and was her sig line for awhile

"It is awfully hard to be b-b-brave," said Piglet, "when you are only a Very Small Animal."

she'll probably kill me for this
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:13 pm
I appreciate all this stuff on Tai, djjd62. I am compiling the information in preparation of a future Tai thread. The piglet info will probably be an integral part of the thread and, again, I thank you.

And Happy Birthday, Tai.

Here's a little something for you...

http://image64.webshots.com/164/3/35/58/2361335580093303858scDeHk_ph.jpg

It is simply a quick sculpture I made of you and your friend from Tornonto. Had it not been for djjd, I would not have been provided with the impetus for that sculpture. You may thank him.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 06:41 am
Happy Birthday Tai!

I loveloveLOVE your birthday presents so far.

Hope you had a lovely day.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 06:49 am
http://www.alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk/shopping/ja/sm_birthday_pooh.jpg
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 06:16 am
Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone. It's early Sunday morning here and I haven't had enough coffee yet so I will be back with a more coherent response! (It's hard to be brave without adequate caffeine...)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 06:36 am
It is because you are a very small animal that you will be useful in the adventure before us said rabbit

And happy birthday Tai chi
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 12:19 pm
dadpad wrote:
It is because you are a very small animal that you will be useful in the adventure before us said rabbit

And happy birthday Tai chi

dadpad, I was reminded of that quote every time I got boosted through our teeny tiny bathroom window when we locked ourselves out of the house (I'm not sure why this seemed to happen on a regular basis).
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 12:22 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Tai Chi--

Your next year will be a bit strenuous, but very interesting.

Hold your dominion.

Noddy, I have often admired your practical advice and wisdom; I didn't realize you are psychic. I may have to start a thread detailing the most recent interesting developments in my life. Strenuous is definitely the word to describe them.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 12:25 pm
Reyn wrote:
Happy birthday, TC! I see that we're both Aries. Very Happy

Reyn, Actually I was born on the "cusp" between Aries and Taurus. Apparently I was born two weeks early so I identify with Taurus -- and anyone will tell you that "stubborn as an ox" describes me to a "T".
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 12:26 pm
ehBeth, Thanks for the "Snake Creeps Down" posture -- if I could get that low with a straight back I would be a very happy Tai Chi camper. (I could probably get that low -- just wouldn't be able to get back up!)
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 12:28 pm
osso, the armlet is lovely, thank you. (I originally read "amulet" and thought I was getting a good luck charm...not that I'm superstitious or anything...)
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 12:34 pm
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o235/taichi_photos/maskedpoohpiglet.jpg[/IMG]

Gus, you have frightened me greatly. Were you an itinerant mall photographer 30 years ago? That is a photo of my "robust" friend and me (faces blanked to protect the guilty-by-association). I am clutching osso's amulet tightly. Your sculpture has me deeply worried...
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 12:45 pm
You would all love Port Dover I'm sure. It's a harbour town on Lake Erie. My husband and I celebrated with perch dinners at the Port Dover Dairy Bar (where the locals eat -- you can't get a better endorsement than that!). My birthday gift was a new shoulder bag from Sandalmakers. (The old one was 26 years old this spring -- I figured I was due -- and if this one lasts as long I'm probably covered for life!)

We spent Saturday afternoon in Hamilton (where we lived for 13 years and where our sons were born) revisiting old haunts. It was sad to see the Life Saver factory near our first house all boarded up. The kids and I spent many happy mornings in the park nearby trying to guess what flavour they were making each day.

Today I'm quickly posting before hosting yet another birthday party -- my oldest son's is Wednesday, but we'll celebrate today.

Thanks again everyone for your best wishes.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 01:29 pm
Thanks for posting that photo, Tai. I can clearly see through your blouse.

I am very excited right now, Tai. My fingers are trembling.

Blood is racing through my body, swirling around various parts and causing things to happen.

Why, Tai? Why did you have to post that photo?

Oh god.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 01:55 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
I would be a very happy Tai Chi camper.

Tai Chi camp.

What a great idea!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 03:53 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Thanks for posting that photo, Tai. I can clearly see through your blouse.

I am very excited right now, Tai. My fingers are trembling.

Blood is racing through my body, swirling around various parts and causing things to happen.

Why, Tai? Why did you have to post that photo?

Oh god.

guess again gus, it's not tai's blouse you can clearly see through

now behave or i'll tell gertrude what you're up to
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 05:55 pm
djjd - is that you under that white hat?

Shocked
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2007 06:04 pm
Embarrassed

in a word, no
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 01:21:54