Needlepoint, anyone?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:07 pm
Beautiful.

I did a little word carving in printmaking, was too ambitious too fast (hah, tried to do a city view from a roof top on a piece of lumber...), messed up. Still, I get the satisfaction..
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:37 am
I used to do needlepoint. Not from a kit. (Not sure I know what's in a kit.) Just the canvas and a picture overlaid with a grid. Very absorbing and relaxing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:44 am
Well, that's a kit, someone drew the picture...
Not that I'm knocking it, doing that is a step.
All this makes me think of tapestry, which I know nothing about , or almost nothing, except that I like the Cloisters..
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 01:02 am
I like the Cloisters too. And the unicorn tapestries.
0 Replies

red door

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 08:27 am
I agree with you all; there should be a separate craft catergory on A2K. I do Beading/Hardanger and some other types of Embroidery. Would love to chat with likeminded people.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 11:29 am
dadpad wrote:
Thats limewood CJ, although very dificult to tell with modern finishes these days.

Chip Carved Limewood Box

A wooden box, turned and chip carved out of soft and fragrant limewood. The cells of limewood are porous and easily compressed, making it a wonderful candidate for chip carving, since the pressure of the knife causes the design to be mirrored on the inside of the box as well as the outside. Ivan Gontar's skill makes these items one-of-a-kind masterpieces. All are domed in shape, at least 2" high, 2.5" to 4" in diameter, 4 oz.

Thank you dadpad. I figured that it has to be soft wood, but soft and
fragrant is even better.

osso, I also did woodwork and carving when I was much younger and
I still have a wooden box I made. Can't believe it now, but it was so
much fun then, and seeing such a beautiful carved box, I get the urge
to do something creative like that again....

Girls, what are you doing with your finished needlepoint? Frame it,
make pillows out of it?

Is it more relaxing than knitting? I know how to knit (even patterns)
but I have no clue about needlepoint.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:13 pm
So I get up early Saturday morning and head to the craft store and buy a little book of needlepoint stitches.....

We get to X Town to discover that Mr. B has rented a big gorgeous house for us to stay in for the next few days......

I open the garage to find it crammed with beautiful, pristine, vintage bicycles......

I didn't even pull the needlepoint out. I'm hoping to experience the zen of stitching now that I'm back home.

If it compares with the zen of a river path in the high desert on a sunny day on a vintage bike then....... wow.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:44 pm
That sounds wonderful!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 01:17:07