What, no riots?

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:40 pm
One good thing about these poor hurt black girls. The Blacks didn't riot in the streets, burning down their HOODS, beating the hell out of any whitey around. They can learn, hummph.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,313 • Replies: 51
No top replies

Chai

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:42 pm
Relax snookered.

Here, have a Pepsi, I got it on sale.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:45 pm
I think he's more of a moon pie and RC Cola kinda guy.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:45 pm
Chai wrote:
Relax snookered.

Here, have a Pepsi, I got it on sale.

Thank God for Chai, poor thing. She gets something stuck in her head and just can't shake it out.
How much is the Pepsi?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 02:04 am
I'm thinking, timbale...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 04:46 am
Green Witch wrote:
I think he's more of a moon pie and RC Cola kinda guy.

Definately.
0 Replies

AziMythe

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 06:51 am
Maybe Imus could walk through the hood and apologize in person.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:24 am
Re: What, no riots?
snookered wrote:
One good thing about these poor hurt black girls. The Blacks didn't riot in the streets, burning down their HOODS, beating the hell out of any whitey around. They can learn, hummph.

And you're sad about it, too. Poor little white guy can't get up his... righteous indignation.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:35 am
snookered wrote:

Of course, it's perfectly okay for you to make disparaging references to our race.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 07:51 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
snookered wrote:

Of course, it's perfectly okay for you to make disparaging references to our race.

Race? Oh...

I thought he was insulting nerds. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 09:27 am
DrewDad wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
snookered wrote:

Race? Oh...

I thought he was insulting nerds. Embarrassed

Is "whitey" not essentially the same as the "N" word? Isn't the intent the same?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:43 am
No, "whitey" is not essentially the same as the N word.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:46 am
DrewDad wrote:
No, "whitey" is not essentially the same as the N word.

No white person cares about the word "whitey". "Cracker" may be a different thing, however.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:51 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
snookered wrote:

Our race? Define race.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:26 am
Setanta wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
snookered wrote:

Our race? Define race.

Setanta, I'm sure you understand my intention here. Why would you ask me to define race? It's always taken to be clear enough when a white person insults black people. Why isn't it clear in the opposite situation? I, personally, do not feel insulted, but I hate the double standard.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:34 am
There is no such thing as race, in fact. Racism occurs whenever someone attempts to suggest that someone person or another is inferior because of their putative race. If someone referred to me as "Whitey," I'd probably point out to them that not only are they correct, but that the Irish may very well be the whitest people on the planet. "Black" and "white" referring to people are descriptions of superficialities--but both are members of the same race, the human race.

As for double standards, that's a subject which can quickly bite you in the ass. Even if, as you allege, blacks can get away with denigrating whites, while whites are pilloried for denigrating blacks, it is useful to recall that white folks have an advantage getting employment just because they are white, and black people are more likely to be stopped by the police just because they are black.

So, if you want black people to suffer the same condemnation for calling you "whitey," does that mean that you would be willing to be stopped for the police just about every time you drive by, just because you "look suspicious?" Would you be willing to accept that you would have to prove yourself better than other job candidates despite the color of your skin? Whining about name-calling when the rest of your life confers signal advantages on you just because of your physical appearance sounds awfully petty to me.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:38 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brandon9000 wrote:
snookered wrote:

Race? Oh...

I thought he was insulting nerds.

Is "whitey" not essentially the same as the "N" word? Isn't the intent the same?

It's the same thing. Of course Whitey cant say N..... You can't even say it.
The best way to predict future actions is to look at past actions.
I don't see any Whities out burning up their city over this!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:44 am
Setanta wrote:

As for double standards, that's a subject which can quickly bite you in the ass. Even if, as you allege, blacks can get away with denigrating whites, while whites are pilloried for denigrating blacks, it is useful to recall that white folks have an advantage getting employment just because they are white, and black people are more likely to be stopped by the police just because they are black..

I don't find that useful to reall at all. What's wrong is wrong and two of them don't make a right.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 11:46 am
squinney wrote:
Setanta wrote:

As for double standards, that's a subject which can quickly bite you in the ass. Even if, as you allege, blacks can get away with denigrating whites, while whites are pilloried for denigrating blacks, it is useful to recall that white folks have an advantage getting employment just because they are white, and black people are more likely to be stopped by the police just because they are black..

I don't find that useful to reall at all. What's wrong is wrong and two of them don't make a right.

I haven't for a moment said or even suggested that two wrongs make a right, so save your self-righteousness for someone else. My point, which i was careful to make plain, is that the double-standard about which Brandon was complaining is considerably less important in one's life than the double standard which results, for example, in people being stopped by the police for DWB--driving while black.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 12:15 pm
Setanta - And my point was that it isn't useful at all to bring in other factors. Either words hurt or they don't. Either name calling is okay, or it isn't. I don't care if the person calling me names has had a hard life, with disadvantages that I have not experienced. Don't call me names. And, if you do, don't be surprised when someone applies a deragatory term to you. That applies to everyone.

And don't sit on your high horse and call me self righteous.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What, no riots?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:49:06