If there aren't dogs, then it ain't heaven.

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:37 pm
I was talking to my mom yesterday and the conversation turned to her sister who recently died. My mom told me that every time she called 'Chita that 'Chita would talk about family and friends -- including the characters from the soap opera The Young and The Restless who she considered to be her friends.

Over the last year or so my mom took to watching Y&R a couple of times a week so she would be up to speed on what 'Chita was talking about. Now that 'Chita is dead my mom is still watching and wishing she could call 'Chita and talk about it.

Mom said: "I'm sure she's still watching because, for 'Chita, it wouldn't be heaven without Y&R".

Mom and I laughed the rest of the way through our conversation by listing silly things that it wouldn't be heaven without.

Of course everyone hopes to be reunited with loved ones in heaven, so we'll consider that a given.

Besides loved ones, how would you fill in the blank.....

If there aren't/isn't __________________, then it ain't heaven.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 608 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:42 pm
There will be no dogs in heaven, so i don't want to go there.

Revelations, Chapter 22, verse 15:

For without (i.e., "without," or outside the heavenly city) are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:48 pm
I'm not talking about the Bible heaven but that other heaven where you can have dogs and watch the Young and The Restless.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:50 pm
One of the California Indian creation story describes God and his dog walking together as the universe is created around them.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 01:58 pm
That God's heaven -- that's the one I mean!

I once met and angel. She was walking her dog in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It was 34 years ago. If I close my eyes and concentrate I can revisit that day.
0 Replies

skeptical

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 12:35 pm
^_^ A god who walks his dog! Sounds like my kind of god.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 02:17 pm
a variety of freshly squeezed fruit juices.

good yoghurt.

poppyseedcakes.

chocolates.

damn, i'm hungry.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 02:17 pm
ah what am i talkin about i aint ever gonna get into that place anyhow..
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 02:18 pm
lots of beatiful young nude women, did i mention that yet?

no virgins tho, please.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 02:20 pm
and lots of langorous hugs and comforting cuddles.

am i kicked off the thread yet?

and trainrides through dusty and windswept, or valleyed and forested, landscapes, and trains that still do kedeng-kedeng, kedeng-kedeng..

and lots of people of different colours and dress and music and languages..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » If there aren't dogs, then it ain't heaven.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.11 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 10:16:29