Ridiculous moral dilemmas for serious procrastinators.

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:24 pm
Ok...I am procrastinating again.

I have a heap of housework to do.

But here I am at the computer instead.

I am eating an easter bunny.

I have started at the ears, which have now almost completely disappeared, and also eaten most of the ears.

This seems cruel....but so does the agony of starting at the feet. At least this way, my bunny has no more brain to feel anything relatively quickly.

My first moral dilemma?

What is the most humane way to eat chocolate easter fauna?

Bring your ridiculous moral dilemma along.

Let's face it....it is always more fun wasting time than getting done that which you need to get done.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 656 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:32 pm
I eat the face first, but leave the brain, so they can experience all of the agony.

I always agonize over how one should kill an insect. Quickly, and then get on with things, or should one waste the time to make them linger in pain . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:37 pm
Aha...I see we have our first customer!

And one with no moral to dilemma with to boot!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:39 pm
Nonsense . . . i already splained about my dilemma with the bugs . . .
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:39 pm
http://media.funny.co.uk/files/3999.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:45 pm
Setanta wrote:
Nonsense . . . i already splained about my dilemma with the bugs . . .

" Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal."

djjd62 wrote:
http://media.funny.co.uk/files/3999.jpg

My favourite easter cartoon!!!!!

But what, djjd62, think you on the meat of the matter?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:54 pm
two points

1. in regard to chocolate bunnies, if they're hollow i just break them into pieces and eat them in a completely random order, if solid i start at the ears

2. in regard to housework, who needs it, let it slide, if things get bad and people start to talk, simply let on that your conducting a very complex sociological experiment, the nature of which they wouldn't understand
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:04 pm
Well Debbie, I too start with the ears, as for the house cleaning, next spring isn't that far away.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:19 pm
There is this one ridiculous ethical dilemma right in international relations textbook that I used to teach from. It infuriated me. Book is Contours of Power, page 293

Title is: Would You Kill This Baby?
And there is a photograph of baby Hitler. The premise is that you get transported in time right into his house when he was one year old or so. Everybody thinks the baby is adorable, but you know what will happen when he grows up. Millions will die. Would you kill him?
Authors claim that these and similar issues are raised in an attempt to apply moral standards to the formation and conduct of foreign policy.

Errr, how exactly? I HATE these dilemmas. There is plenty of real ones out there, it's only good for when smoking pot or avoiding housework. They should be in threads like this one, and not in textbooks! Grrrrrrr. OK, I already feel better.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:21 pm
Well now, the chocolate should give you enough sugar rush and energy
to start the house cleaning. Let the Gypsy Kings blast from the CD player,
put on your apron, and hit the dust mop.

Give your cousin the energizer bunny a run for his money.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:23 pm
Chocolate bunnies. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

I bite off one foot, and then set it loose to fend for itself.

As for baby Hitler -- I'd try to steer him toward a career in accounting.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:30 pm
djjd62 wrote:
two points

1. in regard to chocolate bunnies, if they're hollow i just break them into pieces and eat them in a completely random order, if solid i start at the ears

2. in regard to housework, who needs it, let it slide, if things get bad and people start to talk, simply let on that your conducting a very complex sociological experiment, the nature of which they wouldn't understand

1. I am not asking you what you DO, I am asking for moral analysis.

2. I LOVE a clean house!

dyslexia wrote:
Well Debbie, I too start with the ears, as for the house cleaning, next spring isn't that far away.

You called me Debbie.

Clearly you have no morals!

dagmaraka wrote:
There is this one ridiculous ethical dilemma right in international relations textbook that I used to teach from. It infuriated me. Book is Contours of Power, page 293

Title is: Would You Kill This Baby?
And there is a photograph of baby Hitler. The premise is that you get transported in time right into his house when he was one year old or so. Everybody thinks the baby is adorable, but you know what will happen when he grows up. Millions will die. Would you kill him?
Authors claim that these and similar issues are raised in an attempt to apply moral standards to the formation and conduct of foreign policy.

Errr, how exactly? I HATE these dilemmas. There is plenty of real ones out there, it's only good for when smoking pot or avoiding housework. They should be in threads like this one, and not in textbooks! Grrrrrrr. OK, I already feel better.

I'd abduct him and make sure he is brought up with love and attunement. He likely wouldn't become a monster.

CalamityJane wrote:
Well now, the chocolate should give you enough sugar rush and energy
to start the house cleaning. Let the Gypsy Kings blast from the CD player,
put on your apron, and hit the dust mop.

Give your cousin the energizer bunny a run for his money.

Yes, yes......but I'm not asking for help with the housework, I am asking for your moral dilemmas!

patiodog wrote:
Chocolate bunnies. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

I bite off one foot, and then set it loose to fend for itself.

As for baby Hitler -- I'd try to steer him toward a career in accounting.

Evil dog! Where is the morality in that!?

As for your Hitler solution, typical American solution...make him a capitalist!!!!

Why not just raise him Buddhist?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:32 pm
right, of course. logical solution. raise Hitler as an Austrian Buddhist. I shouldda thunk of that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 07:40 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
right, of course. logical solution. raise Hitler as an Austrian Buddhist. I shouldda thunk of that.

You just have to learn to think outside the polyhedron.

:wink:
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 06:30 am
dlowan wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

i like to do my thinking on the rhombus Razz
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 06:34 am
djjd62 wrote:
dlowan wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

I suspect that is immoral.

i like to do my thinking on the rhombus Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 06:35 am
djjd62 wrote:
i like to do my thinking on the rhombus

Ahh, going to the library.

~~~~~

Dilemma. Now there's the dilemma. How to get the word into the double letter word game.

What to do with Set's body should he die while in Canada? Am I strong enough to roll it out of the car at the border?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 06:47 am
ehBeth wrote:
djjd62 wrote:
i like to do my thinking on the rhombus

Ahh, going to the library.

silly rabbit, umm, bear, ummm bearabbit

i take the omnibus to the library

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ridiculous moral dilemmas for serious procrastinators.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 06:37:44