What's the difference between a power nap and a regular nap?

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 12:21 pm
Is it just the drool?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,048 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 12:22 pm
Stop asking questions like this and go ask that girl out!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 12:27 pm
Probably sound advice.

Re: the question, I think it's the purposefulness with which you nap. Like the difference between a walker and a power-walker.

Which leaves me convinced that anyone who power-naps (or power-anythings) is likely to be an asshole.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 12:35 pm
Intent.

kinda related to purposefulness

<ahhh-chooooo>
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 12:41 pm
Gesundheit.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 12:43 pm
Prost
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:11 pm
It's just a way for people who are uber active, work-aholics to feel less guilty about napping. IMO.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:11 pm
I think you guys are wrong. It's not the intent, it's the intensity. I believe this because in my life, I have had people say to me, "wow, you really took a power nap. You were drooling and everything." Now, I had no special intent during those naps. I simply took a nap, and it was deemed a power nap after the fact.

It's the drooling. Seriously.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:18 pm
That makes sense.

Light nap: Person reclines decorously, closes eyes, keeps mouth closed, wakes up easily.

Power nap: Person sprawls wherever and passes out. Mouth may be open, drool may dribble. Person either doesn't respond when an attempt is made to wake up him or her, or will instantly leap to his or her feet, assume a ninja pose, and yell "WHAT?! WHAT?!! WHAT'S GOING ON??"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:19 pm
They're just trying to find a good way to tell you that you drool.

"you drool" just sounds so harsh on its own.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:43 pm
sozobe wrote:
That makes sense.

Light nap: Person reclines decorously, closes eyes, keeps mouth closed, wakes up easily.

Power nap: Person sprawls wherever and passes out. Mouth may be open, drool may dribble. Person either doesn't respond when an attempt is made to wake up him or her, or will instantly leap to his or her feet, assume a ninja pose, and yell "WHAT?! WHAT?!! WHAT'S GOING ON??"

Yep. I think that about sums it up. So it's more than the drooling, but a stream of drool is a definite tip-off that a power nap has occurred.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 01:47 pm
Chai wrote:

Sorry, but due to circumstances beyond my control, that topic is closed until further notice.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 02:24 pm
kickycan wrote:
Chai wrote:

Sorry, but due to circumstances beyond my control, that topic is closed until further notice.

I'm so sorry it's flared up again. Perhaps some cream will help?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 03:12 pm
I thought a power nap was where you nod off for ten minutes and feel refreshed. A regular nap can last anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hrs.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's the difference between a power nap and a regular nap?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 06:40:07