Great things about being a kid

dadpad

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 11:58 pm
As a compliment to Chai's Great things about being grown up Thread.
What do you miss about being a kid

No mortgage payment.

I now know for sure there are some things I cant do.

When I was a young man I could pack every thing I owned into my car and move house or job, any time I wanted to. and frequently did.

Bullet proof body
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 483 • Replies: 10
No top replies

happycat

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 12:48 am
I miss the 'empty headedness,' of being a kid; no long term worries, no mental baggage and the limitless possibilities.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 06:12 am
anyone would be your friend if they were within 5 feet of you and 2-3 years of age
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 07:01 am
Very little decision making.

Every now and then losing my temper and hitting somebody. Is that awful? Don't care. It felt good to let loose.

Allowing myself to believe in things I had serious doubts about (tooth fairy, etc.) just because I wanted to.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:08 am
Roberta wrote:

Allowing myself to believe in things I had serious doubts about (tooth fairy, etc.) just because I wanted to.

Thats a grown up thing too roberta ie god.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:14 am
dadpad wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Thats a grown up thing too roberta ie god.

I guess it depends on the grown-up.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:37 am
Somebody else fixed all my meals, cleaned my room for me, and did all my laundry. Things magically appeared when I needed them.
0 Replies

malek

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:40 am
Seemingly endless summers.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 09:24 am
If I wet the bed no one yelled at me.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 09:32 am
Yeah. All that. But what sucks is that all the mental and emotional stress is looming above, still ahead. I'm frankly very happy in my thirties and wouldn't want to be a child again.

Oh yeah, but I do need to end the ability to make every last object into something fascinating- umbrellas into spaceships, pine cones into princesses...etc. Especially if it envolves rain, puddles and mud.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 09:32 am
happycat wrote:
I miss the 'empty headedness,' of being a kid; no long term worries, no mental baggage and the limitless possibilities.

The problem with this is, as a kid, we didn't realize that our worries weren't longterm, etc. I can remember being terribly fretful if i found out that someone in my class didn't like me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Great things about being a kid
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 06:18:58