Rapex

DrewDad

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 12:46 pm
http://www.sqlhelper.net/html/Technology/03/Anti_rape_Device_to_Hit_the_Market_13472.html

Quote:
Anti-rape device created by South-African inventor Sonnet Ehlers is about to hit the market after a long time of waiting for patent verification.

The female condom-like device called Rapex has fish-like teeth that attach to the penis.

This invention stirred a great deal of controversy all over the world. The main concern is whether the Rapex was a medieval device built on a hate of men or it can be considered an easy-to use devise that could help South African women protect themselves against rape.

According to Sonnet Ehlers the process of cheking is going to be up on April 10.

Sonnet Eshlers publicly announced her invention one and half years ago and shot to international fame as the invention stirred debates about advantages and disadvantages of Rapex.

The inventor took part in British and Australian radio shows and was interviewed by South American journalists.

Eshler said that she was not a male hater, she simply wanted to help African women to protect themselves against rape. Though the device might seem a good weapon to fight rape, Eshler has many opponents.

Even such organization as Rape Crisis Cape Town does not consider Rapex to be a solution to the social problem of rape and considers such a devise to be likely to increase female vulnerability to violence.

Eshler insists on the fact that the main advantage of her invention is that it could give a woman attacked by a rapist some vital seconds to escape the criminal while he is busy dealing with pain caused by the device. This would be great pain as 25 teeth of the device that is inserted in the vagina attach themselves to the head and the shaft of the penis. What is more, she says the device will help with proving the crime as the rapist will have to go to a doctor to have the fish-like teeth removed.

The product is going to be be mass-produced in China next month.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,039 • Replies: 22
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 12:49 pm
Interesting!

An actual vagina dentata.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 12:53 pm
...sounds like a good way to turn your average rape into a brutal assault and/or homicide. Do they come in cherry flavor?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 12:54 pm
"Your average rape"? What is that, exactly?

I'm not sure what I think about it yet, but I see the point of giving the woman a chance to escape.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 12:54 pm
I imagine you might want to ask the average rape victim if it felt like a brutal assault already....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 12:58 pm
Spike it with capsaicin on the teeth....
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 01:01 pm
I don't mean to belittle the emotional trauma of a rape, but the fact is most women who are raped live to tell the tale. While a rapist might be willing to let her go afterwards in normal situations, if he gets one of these things clamped on his d***, I would expect him to throw a serious temper tantrum that I could result in disfigurement or death in a lot of cases...plus, women are supposed to walk around with a bear trap in them all day? It's just silly.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 01:04 pm
I think the intended market is places where the instance of rape is much higher than the US, and where AIDS is prevalent.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 01:05 pm
I agree with the opponents that it is no way to treat a social problem. Too many things can go wrong.

As Stuh points out - it could make your regular idiot into a killer idiot.
I'm sure some woman might use it to get back at a husband or boy friend who wrongs her. A prostitute might use it to rob a client. Most weapons that are intended to defend end up hurting the wrong people.

I once dated a NYC cop, he told me the majority of women who try to defend themselves with a weapon find that a man is able to turn it back on her and she ends up wounded or dead. Rapists will start to insist women put their fingers into their vaginas first to check for this thing. I can't see this device as a solution to anything.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 03:23 pm
There's also the potential to misuse the device on ex-husbands, ex-boyfriends etc.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 03:27 pm
Hmmmmm.....I do not know if the device will assist in anything, but given that South Africa has one of the highest incidences of rape (as far as can be known, given problems with reporting) in the world (as well as violence generally) people may at least better understand the context,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1909220.stm

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/1232

http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2002/april/rape.htm
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 03:53 pm
I tend to agree with stuh..

First, I'd be scared to death to put that thing in me.
2nd, yeah, the rapist very well could kill the woman in anger.
3rd, what nickfun said, could be used a a get even device
and it could kill the guy.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 04:06 pm
Isn't AIDS also most prevelant in Africa?

Do ya really want something that's gonna leave blood in your vagina from someone with AIDS?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 04:11 pm
squinney, that doesn't matter in such cases as semen can give you the
HIV virus as well.

In South Africa, a device like that would be probably helpful to women,
in our western world I don't think it could be effective.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 04:26 pm
My point: A guy who likely has AIDS is gonna rape you. Do you prefer to get AIDS from him cumming? Or, from ticking him off with a device that clamps onto his penis and bleeds inside you?

Either way you are screwed.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 04:29 pm
And, does wide spread use of such a device then lead to an increase in anal rape to avoid the possibility?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 04:32 pm
Anal rape? Oh gosh, I have never thought about that.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 04:59 pm
You're supposed to wear 2... Mad Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 05:12 pm
squinney wrote:
My point: A guy who likely has AIDS is gonna rape you. Do you prefer to get AIDS from him cumming? Or, from ticking him off with a device that clamps onto his penis and bleeds inside you?

Either way you are screwed.

I doubt he'd get inside.

Or stay long enough to bleed.

You ever had to do anything serious to a fella's wedding tackle?

They go down fast, and stay down.

Or at least the fella who I had to knee because he was trying to rape me did. And hell, I was only twelve.

Not that I think this thing is an answer....I know not enough about the entire story to even try to make an informed decision about that...(and I note the people trying to deal with the problem do not support it, and I am mightily swayed by that)...but I think if this thing nipped a fella's wiener tip good and proper, he'd be out so fast....

Also, a completed rape is far more likely to cause sufficient vaginal trauma to let HIV in than an entrance into a condom, which is rapidly withdrawn, attached, one would think, firmly to the offending penis, I would have thought.

My idea of this thing is that it would grip and keep the willy separate from the vagina, though I could be wrong.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 06:03 pm
dlowan wrote:
(and I note the people trying to deal with the problem do not support it, and I am mightily swayed by that)

Yeah, that's important.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Rapex
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:25:44