Does anyone else do this, or is it just me?

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 09:55 am
Sometimes I'll turn up my ipod real loud and strut down the street pretending I'm in the movie about my life, and that the song is the soundtrack to this particular scene.

Am I the only one who does that? What does this say about me?

How about you? What weird things do you do to amuse yourself?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 416 • Replies: 14
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 09:58 am
I steal peoples iPods and pretend I'm in a movie about their life.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 10:07 am
kickycan wrote:
Does anyone else do this, or is it just me?

Sorry old boy, it's just you doing this! :wink:

I've never, ever seen anything remotely like it.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 10:16 am
Hmm no I don't do that kicky. I do, however, enjoy getting into discussions/arguments with myself while I am walking down the street. I have to quiet it down when people walk by though because they might think I was crazy...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 10:22 am
Now THAT'S weird.

just kidding
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 10:30 am
You know that scene at the beginning of Saturday Night Fever where Travolta is walking down the street to his job, and that BeeGees song Stayin' Alive is playing? That's kind of the scene that I imagine myself in, only with stuff like Rage Against the Machine, Pearl Jam, or some new hip-hop thing.

You guys should try it. I guess it's probably much more fun to do in a big city like New York, with all the people around. I imagine myself as a twenty-mil-per-picture megastar walking among the low-paid extras in my movie.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 10:32 am
Kicky- I'm still groovin' to my Walkman! Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 10:34 am
That would work too!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 10:43 am
Didn't they cover this on Ally McBeal?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 10:47 am
True confession:

One time I was stopped at a red light and the Talking Heads started singing "And She Was" and I had this lovely little daydream about floating right out through the sun roof and floating and floating and floating away.

When I snapped out if it everyone was honking and shaking their fists at me.

Talk about a buzz-harsh.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 11:09 am
Boomer! Thanks!

That song popped into my head pristine, and it's a great song!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 11:23 am
kickycan wrote:
You know that scene at the beginning of Saturday Night Fever where Travolta is walking down the street to his job, and that BeeGees song Stayin' Alive is playing? That's kind of the scene that I imagine myself in, only with stuff like Rage Against the Machine, Pearl Jam, or some new hip-hop thing.

You guys should try it. I guess it's probably much more fun to do in a big city like New York, with all the people around. I imagine myself as a twenty-mil-per-picture megastar walking among the low-paid extras in my movie.

Well no I don't do that - but when you first mentioned it - that was the exact imagine I had - you dressed as JT dancing to disco music.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 11:36 am
I DO do that! I never thought I would confess that...heeheehee

A lot of times its not a deliberate decision, like, "hey, let's pretend I'm in a movie", it's just that the feeling strikes me that a particular song and mood and thing I'm doing would be a good scene in a movie Laughing (a really boring independent film where nothing ever happens, of course, but still...)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 11:38 am
Cyphercat, my pretend movie star sistah!

Yeah, mostly that's how it is with me too. The song comes on and then the movie begins.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 12:14 pm
Linkat wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Well no I don't do that - but when you first mentioned it - that was the exact imagine I had - you dressed as JT dancing to disco music.

Linkat, this is getting way too scary. That's what I thought of too.

I acutally still do that just like John Travolta and Stayin' Alive. I really haven't keep up with the times.

In fact, my entire life is the Chai Tea Show. All Chai, All the Time.

shhh....Chai is about to go take a vegetarian Amy's burrito out of the microwave, she just heard it beep. She starts to strut into the kichen area....ah ah ah ah, stayin alive.
Strange, burritos usually don't beep....

Let's see how she likes it....

to be continued....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Does anyone else do this, or is it just me?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 08:21:45