A First For Me Re: Email Cons

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 11:11 am
How are you and your family? Hope all is well.

My name is Staff Sgt. Shelby Cross; I am an American soldier, serving in the military with the army's 3rd infantry division. With a very desperate need for assistance, I have summed up courage to contact you.

I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your kind assistance to move the sum of US$8m (eight million United States dollars) to you in United States; as far as I can be assured that my share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here.

Source of money:

Some money in US dollars were discovered in dog kennels at a farm house and guest houses in an estate near one of Saddam's old palaces in Baghdad, Iraq during an operation, and it was agreed by Staff Sgt. Kenneth Buff, Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Van Ess and I that some part of this money be shared amongst us before informing anybody about it. Since both of them saw the money first, they did the informing, while I played the outsider to protect our interest. This was quite an illegal thing to do, but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risk we have taken with our lives in this hell hole, in which my brother in-law was killed by a road side bomb last time. You will find the story of this money on the web addresses beloight-thoughts.us/index.php/weblog/comments/thest_thing_you_know_ol_saddams_a_million
nathanforeman.com/military/nyp_iraq192003_chest.html

The above figure was given to me as my share, and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, even after the initial probe of all soldiers of our command which I was cleared from; so with the help of a British contact working here and his office enjoy some immunity, I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package, and believes that it belongs to a British/American medical doctor who died in a raid here in Iraq, and before giving up, trusted me to hand over the package to his family in United States. I have now found a much secured way of getting the package out of Iraq to you in the States for you to pick up, and I will discuss this with you when I am sure that you are willing to assist me, and I believe that my money will be well secured in your hand because you have the fear of God.

I want you to tell me how much you will take from this money for the assistance you will give to me. One passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this matter with anybody, should you have reasons to reject this offer, please and please destroy this message as any leakage of this information will be too bad for us soldier's here in Iraq and tarnish the reputation of other services men. I do not know how long we will remain here, and I have been shot, wounded and survived two suicide bomb attacks by the special grace of God, this and other reasons I will mention later has prompted me to reach out for help, I honestly want this matter to be resolved immediately, please contact me as soon as possible with my private e-mail: sgdol.com which is for now my only way of communication until I specify otherwise.
God bless you and your family.

Sgt. Shelby Cross
3rd Infantry Division
sgtcross3rd @ aol. com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 739 • Replies: 14
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 11:16 am
First time these sleaze bags emailed me with the US soldier angle.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 11:27 am
Edgar,
Why do you hate our brave men and women in uniform ?

Wink
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 11:36 am
How big a package would eight million dollars be?

8,000,000 divided by 100 is 80,000. One hundred bills is about an inch high by about six inches long and two inches wide. So how many cubic feet is that and how much is it going to cost to get UPS to deliver it?

I get four attache cases or one Samsonite extra medium pull-along.

Joe(I have both ready)Nation
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 12:02 pm
Edgar: If we had the time, which we probably don't, it sure would be fun for some of the creative minds here on A2K to string this guy on for awhile.
I would suggest we start with an anti-war in Iraq tirade coupled with how we feel that our under-paid and ill -equpped soldiers deserve every break they can get. So getting this money to the states (did you say $8,000,000?) is a worthy endeavor and we would be proud to participate in it.
We would want a 10% cut. I am sure that we can put that more delicately: travel costs or something.
I would go with the theme that Shelby Cross is an honest, god-fearing warrior. But in order to move this thing along, we really need to see a picture of Sgt Cross. So we can look into his eyes. In exchange we will provide a picture of Edgar, who will end up looking astonishingly like Gus.

Anybody want to play?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 12:18 pm
Not with my email address. Otherwise, I am in.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 12:19 pm
Sounds like they were inspired by the movie "Three Kings," doesn't it? Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 12:22 pm
His syntax is suspiciously like that of the barrister from whatever country a few weeks ago.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 12:26 pm
If we set up a dummy email somewhere, and told him it was a part of the necessary secrecy (my wife reads the MSN emails I get) it could work.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 12:36 pm
So we need an e-mail address other than Edgar's that can be set up and then shut down? Any suggestions from the computer savvy folks?
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 01:53 pm
In a related vein, I am usually good at spotting these things (with some, how can one not?).

Anyhow, a few weeks ago, I had just lost an ebay auction and shortly after received an e-mail saying a bid had been withdrawn (or some such message) and I should bid again. I clicked the e-mail link and signed in... almost immediately realizing my error. Before anything else, I rapidly changed ebay, PayPal, and other 'sensitive' passwords. When I went back and checked, the item number listed was something totally different. I guess I was so eager to get the item that I let my guard down. A close call, but some of these "people" are getting good.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 02:12 pm
Ha! That got resolved rather quickly thanks to an A2Ker who wishes to be unidentified. What we need next from you, Edgar, is the e-mail address of the person who sent you the sollitation. Please pm me with that.

I envision this as being a pretty long process. Very, very long.

The character I have created is Jean. She is 65 or so, married to Steve, who is a disabled Vietnam vet. They have three kids and five grandchildren, one of whom served and was slightly injured in Afghan.

She is bitter about the war, and bitter about how her life has turned out: one day of drudgery after another. Sure, she is well off financially, nothing to worry about on that score, thanks to the inheritance she got. But her life is empty.

She would like to help Sgt Shelby Cross come home and live a better life than she has lived. She will pray for him everynight. She promises him that.

That is my idea for the hapless victim in this exercise. Please feel free to offer alternatives.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 04:21 pm
I like your scenario. Don't have anything else to offer just now.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 04:51 pm
I, I mean Jean, emailed Sgt Cross at 6:45 pm on Sunday, March 18th.

She wrote: "I got home from church...and immediately knelt down and prayed...for you and the end of this stupid war. I am eager to help you."

He replied at 4:53 am on Monday, March 19th with a six paragraph letter. I will summarize:

Subject: GET BAK (sic-all spelling here is his-rjb) TO ME ASAP

Hello Friend...I have limited time to be on the internet as the security situation here in Iraq has worsened...our entire squad has access to only one telephone line and that line will not be convenient to this deal.

I need you to confirm to me your percentage of how much you will take for your assistance in your next mai to me, which should be as soon as you get this. I will settle for 20%-$1.6 million. I am not greedy. (Does he mean we will get 20%-$1.6 million, or he will settle for $1.6 million, which would leave us with $6.4 million? The haggling over the % could be amusing.- rjb)

I have directed a special Red Cross official to deliver the boxes (nice touch there. rjb)...and since he has diplomatic immunity.will not be subjected to rigorous screening. His name is Guy Oliver...

(The rest of the email details how the money will be delivered etc -rjb)

God shall see us through.

I intend to not reply until Wednesday or Thursday, Any outline or draft response would be appreciated.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 05:18 pm
Good going. I will try to give the matter some thought during the evening.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A First For Me Re: Email Cons
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 11:29:17