Im fixing this headstone

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 10:42 am
this is driving me absolutly insane and I dont have patience.

So what I am going to do is take a thick piece of fishing wire and tie it around the headstone placing the fallen piece in place.

This will make it LOOK like it is whole...

and I will leave a note in it and walk away.

When I tell you I am truly bothered by this, I guess I cant emphasize it enough. I dont want to have to wait a year to see if someone shows up. I dont want the broken piece to possibly be shattered in the waiting process either.
I think a piece of twine / fishing wire is a good , simple visual solution.
It will help to keep all the vital pieces in place as well.

I find this headstone to be one of the more meaningfull I have found and as with the others, I love to see it.

I am furious with the caretaker who did this, but I realize that I dont know the entire story.

The family may well know about it, but think they cant afford to fix it.

Maybe the family members are hard to track down and the workers are DOING that..

maybe it was an unregistered plot to begin with and noone knows WHO to contact.

But I dont want to leave it broken.
The odds of the broken piece getting stepped on and shattered are enormous.
It could very well go missing too

but i promise to calm down about it after this.. Confused
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 10:54 am
if you are leaving a note you might want to laminate it so the weather does not destroy what you are trying to say to who ever ends up reading it.

just a thought, and Im sure you have already come up with that conclusion yourself.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 12:21 pm
Seed wrote:
if you are leaving a note you might want to laminate it so the weather does not destroy what you are trying to say to who ever ends up reading it.

Cheaper solution: Just stick it in a Ziplock bag.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 01:17 pm
No. I actually did not think about that.

I was thinking the Zip Lock baggie thing too, but in the weather, even that would break open.

I do have a laminator here.. Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:19:52